Default Chicken prices: how to compare

I was trying to weed out some out-of-date books I never use and as I
flipped through the 1982 "Information Age Sourcebook" (no mention of
computers in THAT book) I found this chart, which might be quite
useful! (Sorry I can't reproduce it neatly - I'm in a hurry.)

"Based on yields of cooked chicken.....the uncooked chicken weighed
2.75 lbs.")

If a whole fryer costs 49 cents/lb:

Breast half without rib should cost 67

" " WITH rib should cost 65

Thighs should cost 55

Thighs & drumsticks should cost 53

Drumsticks should cost 50

Wings should cost 39.

If the fryer costs 51 cents/lb, prices are 70, 67, 57, 55, 53, 41.

Fryer at 53 cents: 72, 70, 59, 57, 55, 43.

Fryer at 55 cents: 75, 73, 61, 59, 57, 44.

" " 57 " : 78, 75, 63, 61, 59, 46.

" " 59 " : 80, 78, 66, 63, 61, 48.

" " 61 " : 83, 81, 68, 66, 63, 49.

" " 63 " : 86, 83, 70, 68, 65, 51.

That's not the entire chart, but I hope it will do. Note that the
ratios change a bit as you move down the chart.

Lenona.

Renee

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I was trying to weed out some out-of-date books I never use and as I
> flipped through the 1982 "Information Age Sourcebook" (no mention of
> computers in THAT book) I found this chart, which might be quite
> useful! (Sorry I can't reproduce it neatly - I'm in a hurry.)
>

> "Based on yields of cooked chicken.....the uncooked chicken weighed
> 2.75 lbs.")
>

> If a whole fryer costs 49 cents/lb:
>
> Breast half without rib should cost 67
>
> " " WITH rib should cost 65
>
> Thighs should cost 55
>
> Thighs & drumsticks should cost 53
>
> Drumsticks should cost 50
>
> Wings should cost 39.
>

> If the fryer costs 51 cents/lb, prices are 70, 67, 57, 55, 53, 41.
>
> Fryer at 53 cents: 72, 70, 59, 57, 55, 43.
>
> Fryer at 55 cents: 75, 73, 61, 59, 57, 44.
>
> " " 57 " : 78, 75, 63, 61, 59, 46.
>
> " " 59 " : 80, 78, 66, 63, 61, 48.
>
> " " 61 " : 83, 81, 68, 66, 63, 49.
>
> " " 63 " : 86, 83, 70, 68, 65, 51.
>

> That's not the entire chart, but I hope it will do. Note that the
> ratios change a bit as you move down the chart.
>
> Lenona.

1982? Looks like I'm doing pretty good when I pick up a whole fryer on sale
for 69 cents / lb.

kilikini

"Renee" > wrote in message
. ..

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >I was trying to weed out some out-of-date books I never use and as I
> > flipped through the 1982 "Information Age Sourcebook" (no mention of
> > computers in THAT book) I found this chart, which might be quite
> > useful! (Sorry I can't reproduce it neatly - I'm in a hurry.)
> >

> > "Based on yields of cooked chicken.....the uncooked chicken weighed
> > 2.75 lbs.")
> >

> > If a whole fryer costs 49 cents/lb:

(snipped a bunch of numbers)

> 1982? Looks like I'm doing pretty good when I pick up a whole fryer on

sale
> for 69 cents / lb.

WalMart, $.64 a pound. We get 'em all the time.

kili

sarah bennett

kilikini wrote:
> "Renee" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
> wrote in message
groups.com...

>>>I was trying to weed out some out-of-date books I never use and as I
>>>flipped through the 1982 "Information Age Sourcebook" (no mention of
>>>computers in THAT book) I found this chart, which might be quite
>>>useful! (Sorry I can't reproduce it neatly - I'm in a hurry.)
>>>

>>>"Based on yields of cooked chicken.....the uncooked chicken weighed
>>>2.75 lbs.")
>>>

>>>If a whole fryer costs 49 cents/lb:
>>>

> (snipped a bunch of numbers)
>

>>1982? Looks like I'm doing pretty good when I pick up a whole fryer on

> sale
>
>>for 69 cents / lb.
>>

> WalMart, $.64 a pound. We get 'em all the time.
>
> kili

ALDI here has whole chickens for .69 a pound and 5 pound bags of leg
quarters for 1.99 (.40 a pound).

--

saerah

"It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

"I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
-König Prüß