Wharfrat

Default Seeking Cajun Vegetarian Dishes....

I recently accepted a cooking job at Cajun style retaurant.

This is in a NORHERN city of 60,000 people, so elegant dining is about $15-
$22 an entree plus 7 bucks or so for drinks, another 8-12 bucks for an
appetizer.

The one thing missing on their menu is ANYTHING catering to the VEGETARIAN
populace.

Do any of you have any good vegetarian type recipes that cater to the Cajun
Style of cooking? I've already impressed them with how well I've picked up
their menu....I'd like to take it a step further and show them how they can
cater to the vegetarian crowd while keeping true to their Cajun Style of
cooking.

I'm looking for something unique and interesting and could be made easily
in a restaurant.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, comments or recipes you could assist me
with.

Please keep in mind that this would be "bulk" cooking to some degree...and
FOOD COST is unfortunately a factor.

Basically we cater to seafood and meat eaters, but I would like to see some
interesting and UNIQUE recipes for the Spicy, Cajun Vegetarians added to
the daily menu.

Unfortunately all they have besides salads and a couple other things is
Veggie burgers and Tofu burgers....

Thanks again for any help in allowing me to impress my new managemant...
notbob

On 2005-08-05, Wharfrat > wrote:

> Do any of you have any good vegetarian type recipes that cater to the Cajun
> Style of cooking?

Howzabout:

Gumbo z'Herbes
Red Beans and Rice
Maquechoux
Fried Okra
etc.....

Here's some recipes:

http://www.gumbopages.com/food/veg/

nb
C. James Strutz

"Wharfrat" > wrote in message
>I recently accepted a cooking job at Cajun style retaurant.
>
> This is in a NORHERN city of 60,000 people, so elegant dining is about
> $15-
> $22 an entree plus 7 bucks or so for drinks, another 8-12 bucks for an
> appetizer.
>
> The one thing missing on their menu is ANYTHING catering to the VEGETARIAN
> populace.
>
> Do any of you have any good vegetarian type recipes that cater to the
> Cajun
> Style of cooking? I've already impressed them with how well I've picked up
> their menu....I'd like to take it a step further and show them how they
> can
> cater to the vegetarian crowd while keeping true to their Cajun Style of
> cooking.
>
> I'm looking for something unique and interesting and could be made easily
> in a restaurant.
>
> Thanks in advance for any ideas, comments or recipes you could assist me
> with.
>
> Please keep in mind that this would be "bulk" cooking to some degree...and
> FOOD COST is unfortunately a factor.
>
> Basically we cater to seafood and meat eaters, but I would like to see
> some
> interesting and UNIQUE recipes for the Spicy, Cajun Vegetarians added to
> the daily menu.
>
> Unfortunately all they have besides salads and a couple other things is
> Veggie burgers and Tofu burgers....
>
> Thanks again for any help in allowing me to impress my new managemant...

You might be interested in this cookbook
http://tinyurl.com/dvsj7

Cindy Fuller

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> On 2005-08-05, Wharfrat > wrote:
>
> > Do any of you have any good vegetarian type recipes that cater to the Cajun
> > Style of cooking?

> Howzabout:
>
> Gumbo z'Herbes
> Red Beans and Rice
> Maquechoux
> Fried Okra
> etc.....
>
> Here's some recipes:
>
> http://www.gumbopages.com/food/veg/
>
> nb

Jambalaya can also be adapted to vegetarian sensibilities by using
vegetable broth and adding some cooked legumes.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me