donald girod

Default blueberries

Our 8 bushes have yielded a lot of berries this summer and we would like
a suggestion for ways to enjoy some of them now so that we don't have
to freeze them all. We usually make blueberry pie and blueberry
muffins, but would appreciate another suggestion that uses a bunch of
blueberries.
day dreamer@dream .com@

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:58:32 -0400, donald girod >
wrote:

>Our 8 bushes have yielded a lot of berries this summer and we would like
> a suggestion for ways to enjoy some of them now so that we don't have
>to freeze them all. We usually make blueberry pie and blueberry
>muffins, but would appreciate another suggestion that uses a bunch of
>blueberries.

Homemade Boo-berry ice cream,shakes,
pancakes,strudle,doughnuts,poundcake,bread,cookies .

serene

donald girod > wrote:

> Our 8 bushes have yielded a lot of berries this summer and we would like
> a suggestion for ways to enjoy some of them now so that we don't have
> to freeze them all. We usually make blueberry pie and blueberry
> muffins, but would appreciate another suggestion that uses a bunch of
> blueberries.

I like a thing that I call "kind of trifle" because it's not exactly
like the trifle that I've had from other folks. I layer lady fingers
(or sponge cake if I have some), Bird's custard, unsweetened whipped
cream (whip it myself), any kind of berries, and sauce made with the
same berries. I think this would be excellent with just lots of
blueberries. I usually use a combination of raspberries, blackberries,
and strawberries, sometimes with some blueberries thrown in.

Haven't made this in a long time. May give it a shot later this week.

serene
rmg

"donald girod" > wrote in message
> Our 8 bushes have yielded a lot of berries this summer and we would like
> a suggestion for ways to enjoy some of them now so that we don't have
> to freeze them all. We usually make blueberry pie and blueberry
> muffins, but would appreciate another suggestion that uses a bunch of
> blueberries.

Blueberry smoothie!

Plain yogurt, blueberries, apple juice -- whirrr and drink.

It's good if you make the apple juice into frozen cubes first. Then when you
blend it the smoothie has an icy consistency.

rmg

"donald girod" > wrote in message
> Our 8 bushes have yielded a lot of berries this summer and we would like
> a suggestion for ways to enjoy some of them now so that we don't have
> to freeze them all. We usually make blueberry pie and blueberry
> muffins, but would appreciate another suggestion that uses a bunch of
> blueberries.

Oh yeah. Blueberries soaked in framboise and some sugar. It's even good for
breakfast :-D

ntantiques

donald girod wrote:
> Our 8 bushes have yielded a lot of berries this summer and we would like
> a suggestion for ways to enjoy some of them now so that we don't have
> to freeze them all. We usually make blueberry pie and blueberry
> muffins, but would appreciate another suggestion that uses a bunch of
> blueberries.

Blueberry Cobbler is a favorite around here...and, of course, jam. I
even tossed them into a pasta salad dressed with a lemon vinagrette
last week. Earned a surprised look from my husband(who was expecting
an olive), but he had to admit it was good.

Nancy

Dwayne

I like them in cold cereal.

Dwayne

"donald girod" > wrote in message
> Our 8 bushes have yielded a lot of berries this summer and we would like a
> suggestion for ways to enjoy some of them now so that we don't have to
> freeze them all. We usually make blueberry pie and blueberry muffins, but
> would appreciate another suggestion that uses a bunch of blueberries.

fudge

Fully ripe blueberries in a bowl. Add room temperature whipping cream
straight or whipped with vanilla and white sugar. Possible additions could
include maple syrup, exotic booze etc. I am jealous.The rats and the robins
got my crop this year. Every time this hard working farmer would approach
his blueberry patch, a chorus of squawking and bitching would emanate from
the surrounding bushes and trees. The culprits were robins, cedar waxwings,
white capped sparrows, mice, voles, moles, chipmunks, squirrels, coons and
other bandits.

Farmer John

Blueberries George Shirley[_3_] Preserving 11 04-06-2014 01:47 AM
Blueberries! Gary General Cooking 7 14-07-2013 03:03 PM
Blueberries? Benji Z-Man General Cooking 13 03-05-2010 03:43 PM
Blueberries kalanamak General Cooking 17 05-08-2005 02:33 AM
Ah, blueberries ntantiques General Cooking 22 28-07-2005 06:38 PM