Blooming Rose News

Default Country White Bread from a Machine!!!

Hi All,

If you have a bread machine that makes at least a 1.5 lb loaf you can make
this bread. I have never bought bread from the store and have been making
this recipe for 40 years. I started making it as a little girl when I would
spend summers win Connecticut with my grandparents. My Nana taught me how
to make this bread and for years I made it totally by hand. Now that the
arthritis has caught up with me, I have to use the bread machine to do the
kneading. I adapted the recipe after my husband bought me the first machine
that only made a 1 lb loaf and again after I got the Oster that makes a 1.5
lb loaf. There is not a holiday or special occasion that goes by that some
family member calls and asks if I can make the bread.

I do variations by adding different items to the dry contents. I make dill
bread by adding 4 Tbl of dried dill, Herb bread by adding 1.2 tsp of various
herbs, etc. The family favorite is the dill and the plain white, so that is
about all I make any more.

Anyway, everyone have fun with this and let me know how it goes.

Just click on the link below and it will take you right to the cooking forum
in my website

http://www.hernlund.com/breads&.htm

Blooming Rose

www.hernlund.com

JimLane

Blooming Rose News wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> If you have a bread machine that makes at least a 1.5 lb loaf you can make
> this bread. I have never bought bread from the store and have been making
> this recipe for 40 years. I started making it as a little girl when I would
> spend summers win Connecticut with my grandparents. My Nana taught me how
> to make this bread and for years I made it totally by hand. Now that the
> arthritis has caught up with me, I have to use the bread machine to do the
> kneading. I adapted the recipe after my husband bought me the first machine
> that only made a 1 lb loaf and again after I got the Oster that makes a 1.5
> lb loaf. There is not a holiday or special occasion that goes by that some
> family member calls and asks if I can make the bread.
>
> I do variations by adding different items to the dry contents. I make dill
> bread by adding 4 Tbl of dried dill, Herb bread by adding 1.2 tsp of various
> herbs, etc. The family favorite is the dill and the plain white, so that is
> about all I make any more.
>
> Anyway, everyone have fun with this and let me know how it goes.
>
> Just click on the link below and it will take you right to the cooking forum
> in my website
>
> http://www.hernlund.com/breads&.htm
>
> Blooming Rose

www.hernlund.com

At this time, your site cannot be found using the indicated url. If you
delete everything after the dot com, it works. However, there is no
direct link to breads from the front page and the search utility just
gives a generic list of bread and rolls on three bread and rolls pages -
so which one is it?

jim

jim
Blooming Rose News

I have now received 5 e-mails from someone who didn't have the courtesy of
leaving their name but, in no uncertain terms, proceeded to tell me that I
have done a newsgroup no-no. Although I do take exception to being called a
spammer!

Seems as though I posted my URL so people could get my 5 page bread recipe
directly from my website and evidently that is not allowed.

Well, I apologize profusely. I am new to the newsgroup thing and since
there is no posted guidelines, I didn't realize that this is just not done
(bad netiquette). I just figured that the link would be better than posting
a 5 page recipe.

Thank you and if there is anyone out there who monitors the group, you can
remove my posting. I will refrain from any further postings.

regards,

Blooming Rose

"JimLane" > wrote in message
> Blooming Rose News wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > If you have a bread machine that makes at least a 1.5 lb loaf you can

make
> > this bread. I have never bought bread from the store and have been

making
> > this recipe for 40 years. I started making it as a little girl when I

would
> > spend summers win Connecticut with my grandparents. My Nana taught me

how
> > to make this bread and for years I made it totally by hand. Now that

the
> > arthritis has caught up with me, I have to use the bread machine to do

the
> > kneading. I adapted the recipe after my husband bought me the first

machine
> > that only made a 1 lb loaf and again after I got the Oster that makes a

1.5
> > lb loaf. There is not a holiday or special occasion that goes by that

some
> > family member calls and asks if I can make the bread.
> >
> > I do variations by adding different items to the dry contents. I make

dill
> > bread by adding 4 Tbl of dried dill, Herb bread by adding 1.2 tsp of

various
> > herbs, etc. The family favorite is the dill and the plain white, so

that is
> > about all I make any more.
> >
> > Anyway, everyone have fun with this and let me know how it goes.
> >
> > Just click on the link below and it will take you right to the cooking

forum
> > in my website
> >
> > http://www.hernlund.com/breads&.htm
> >
> > Blooming Rose

www.hernlund.com

> At this time, your site cannot be found using the indicated url. If you
> delete everything after the dot com, it works. However, there is no
> direct link to breads from the front page and the search utility just
> gives a generic list of bread and rolls on three bread and rolls pages -
> so which one is it?
>

> jim
>

> jim

paul cooke

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Fri, 21 May 2004 11:46:37 -0700, JimLane
> > wrote:
>
>>At this time, your site cannot be found using the indicated url.

> Works in Opera, Firefox and Firebird.

and Konqueror....

looks like JimLane's browser is defective...

--
Use Linux - Computer power for the people: Down with cybercrud...
Blooming Rose News

Don't go there! Stay off my website since it is considered to be spam!

"JimLane" > wrote in message
> Blooming Rose News wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > If you have a bread machine that makes at least a 1.5 lb loaf you can

make
> > this bread. I have never bought bread from the store and have been

making
> > this recipe for 40 years. I started making it as a little girl when I

would
> > spend summers win Connecticut with my grandparents. My Nana taught me

how
> > to make this bread and for years I made it totally by hand. Now that

the
> > arthritis has caught up with me, I have to use the bread machine to do

the
> > kneading. I adapted the recipe after my husband bought me the first

machine
> > that only made a 1 lb loaf and again after I got the Oster that makes a

1.5
> > lb loaf. There is not a holiday or special occasion that goes by that

some
> > family member calls and asks if I can make the bread.
> >
> > I do variations by adding different items to the dry contents. I make

dill
> > bread by adding 4 Tbl of dried dill, Herb bread by adding 1.2 tsp of

various
> > herbs, etc. The family favorite is the dill and the plain white, so

that is
> > about all I make any more.
> >
> > Anyway, everyone have fun with this and let me know how it goes.
> >
> > Just click on the link below and it will take you right to the cooking

forum
> > in my website
> >
> > http://www.hernlund.com/breads&.htm
> >
> > Blooming Rose

www.hernlund.com

> At this time, your site cannot be found using the indicated url. If you
> delete everything after the dot com, it works. However, there is no
> direct link to breads from the front page and the search utility just
> gives a generic list of bread and rolls on three bread and rolls pages -
> so which one is it?
>

> jim
>

> jim

MOM PEAGRAM

"JimLane" > wrote in message
> Blooming Rose News wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > If you have a bread machine that makes at least a 1.5 lb loaf you can

make
> > this bread. I have never bought bread from the store and have been

making
> > this recipe for 40 years. I started making it as a little girl when I

would
> > spend summers win Connecticut with my grandparents. My Nana taught me

how
> > to make this bread and for years I made it totally by hand. Now that

the
> > arthritis has caught up with me, I have to use the bread machine to do

the
> > kneading. I adapted the recipe after my husband bought me the first

machine
> > that only made a 1 lb loaf and again after I got the Oster that makes a

1.5
> > lb loaf. There is not a holiday or special occasion that goes by that

some
> > family member calls and asks if I can make the bread.
> >
> > I do variations by adding different items to the dry contents. I make

dill
> > bread by adding 4 Tbl of dried dill, Herb bread by adding 1.2 tsp of

various
> > herbs, etc. The family favorite is the dill and the plain white, so

that is
> > about all I make any more.
> >
> > Anyway, everyone have fun with this and let me know how it goes.
> >
> > Just click on the link below and it will take you right to the cooking

forum
> > in my website
> >
> > http://www.hernlund.com/breads&.htm
> >
> > Blooming Rose

www.hernlund.com

> At this time, your site cannot be found using the indicated url. If you
> delete everything after the dot com, it works. However, there is no
> direct link to breads from the front page and the search utility just
> gives a generic list of bread and rolls on three bread and rolls pages -
> so which one is it?

Site opened fine for me in Explorer.

JimLane

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Fri, 21 May 2004 11:46:37 -0700, JimLane
> > wrote:
>

>>At this time, your site cannot be found using the indicated url.

> Works in Opera, Firefox and Firebird.
>
> -sw

Was not working with Firefox 0.8, Mozilla 1.7b when I tried it multiple
times. That is why I made the effort to get in with the shortened url
and found the search page information I did.

Anything else?

jim
JimLane

paul cooke wrote:

> Steve Wertz wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 21 May 2004 11:46:37 -0700, JimLane
> wrote:
>>

>>>At this time, your site cannot be found using the indicated url.

>>Works in Opera, Firefox and Firebird.
>>

> and Konqueror....
>
> looks like JimLane's browser is defective...

Hardly. Their server may have been burping. Any other ASSumptions you
care to make?

jim
JimLane

Blooming Rose News wrote:

> [...]

>>>bread by adding 4 Tbl of dried dill, Herb bread by adding 1.2 tsp of

> various
>
>>>herbs, etc. The family favorite is the dill and the plain white, so

> that is
>
>>>about all I make any more.
>>>
>>>Anyway, everyone have fun with this and let me know how it goes.
>>>
>>>Just click on the link below and it will take you right to the cooking

> forum
>
>>>in my website
>>>
>>>http://www.hernlund.com/breads&.htm
>>>
>>>Blooming Rose

>>>www.hernlund.com
>>>

>>At this time, your site cannot be found using the indicated url. If you
>>delete everything after the dot com, it works. However, there is no
>>direct link to breads from the front page and the search utility just
>>gives a generic list of bread and rolls on three bread and rolls pages -

I do not consider your post spam. You offered a source of information on
a bread recipe without asking for anything. Had someone else mentioned
your page, not a word would have been said.

Ignore the morons.

jim
JimLane

MOM PEAGRAM wrote:

> "JimLane" > wrote in message

snip

>>At this time, your site cannot be found using the indicated url. If you
>>delete everything after the dot com, it works. However, there is no
>>direct link to breads from the front page and the search utility just
>>gives a generic list of bread and rolls on three bread and rolls pages -
>>so which one is it?
>>

> Site opened fine for me in Explorer.

It is working fine for me right now. So, the problem was on that end and
was temporary. What I reported was true at the time I posted.

jim

Blooming Rose News

I am sorry, but I do not have the original recipe that I got from my Nana 40
years ago. It has been revised so many times and over the years I have lost
it and she is no longer with us.

I find that if you use the standard sized bread pans instead of the
over=sized ones that I use, you can make two small loaves out of the 1.5-2
lb batch of dough. As soon as the first batch comes out of the machine,
just start a new one and it will be ready for the pans just about the time
the first two come out of the oven.

I do this during the holidays when I have to make 10-15 loaves for our
family get-togethers. The oven going all day also helps to keep the house
warm in the winter but doesn't do anything for the cooling bills in the
Arizona summers.

"MisNomer" > wrote in message
> Thanks for the recipe, and the tip for perfectly shaped loafs! I will

try this
> next time I make bread. Do you have the original recipe? I like to make

big
> batches of bread in the oven.
>
> take care
> Liz
>

> Hey! Look what "Blooming Rose News" > wrote :
>
> >Hi All,
> >
> >If you have a bread machine that makes at least a 1.5 lb loaf you can

make
> >this bread. I have never bought bread from the store and have been

making
> >this recipe for 40 years. I started making it as a little girl when I

would
> >spend summers win Connecticut with my grandparents. My Nana taught me

how
> >to make this bread and for years I made it totally by hand. Now that the
> >arthritis has caught up with me, I have to use the bread machine to do

the
> >kneading. I adapted the recipe after my husband bought me the first

machine
> >that only made a 1 lb loaf and again after I got the Oster that makes a

1.5
> >lb loaf. There is not a holiday or special occasion that goes by that

some
> >family member calls and asks if I can make the bread.
> >
> >I do variations by adding different items to the dry contents. I make

dill
> >bread by adding 4 Tbl of dried dill, Herb bread by adding 1.2 tsp of

various
> >herbs, etc. The family favorite is the dill and the plain white, so that

is
> >about all I make any more.
> >
> >Anyway, everyone have fun with this and let me know how it goes.
> >
> >Just click on the link below and it will take you right to the cooking

forum
> >in my website
> >
> >http://www.hernlund.com/breads&.htm
> >
> >Blooming Rose
>
> >www.hernlund.com

Bigbazza

"Blooming Rose News" > wrote in message
> I am sorry, but I do not have the original recipe that I got from my Nana

40
> years ago. It has been revised so many times and over the years I have

lost
> it and she is no longer with us.
>
> I find that if you use the standard sized bread pans instead of the
> over=sized ones that I use, you can make two small loaves out of the 1.5-2
> lb batch of dough. As soon as the first batch comes out of the machine,
> just start a new one and it will be ready for the pans just about the time
> the first two come out of the oven.
>
> I do this during the holidays when I have to make 10-15 loaves for our
> family get-togethers. The oven going all day also helps to keep the house
> warm in the winter but doesn't do anything for the cooling bills in the
> Arizona summers.
>
> "MisNomer" > wrote in message
> > Thanks for the recipe, and the tip for perfectly shaped loafs! I will

> try this
> > next time I make bread. Do you have the original recipe? I like to make

> big
> > batches of bread in the oven.
> >
> > take care
> > Liz
> >

> > Hey! Look what "Blooming Rose News" > wrote :
> >
> > >Hi All,
> > >
> > >If you have a bread machine that makes at least a 1.5 lb loaf you can

> make
> > >this bread. I have never bought bread from the store and have been

> making

(snipped for brevity)...

> > >Blooming Rose

Hi...Blooming Rose.....Thanks for the access to your site....Great the way
you shown pictures of the various stages....Looks like I'll have to start
using my breadmaker again...

Bigbazza

Sue D.

On Fri, 21 May 2004 13:53:55 -0700, "Blooming Rose News"
> wrote:

>I have now received 5 e-mails from someone who didn't have the courtesy of
>leaving their name but, in no uncertain terms, proceeded to tell me that I
>have done a newsgroup no-no. Although I do take exception to being called a
>spammer!
>
>Seems as though I posted my URL so people could get my 5 page bread recipe
>directly from my website and evidently that is not allowed.
>
>Well, I apologize profusely. I am new to the newsgroup thing and since
>there is no posted guidelines, I didn't realize that this is just not done
>(bad netiquette). I just figured that the link would be better than posting
>a 5 page recipe.
>
>Thank you and if there is anyone out there who monitors the group, you can
>remove my posting. I will refrain from any further postings.
>
>regards,
>
>Blooming Rose
>

>> > http://www.hernlund.com/breads&.htm
>> >
>> > Blooming Rose

www.hernlund.com

stuff snipped!

No Blooming Rose, you did not spam...this group is not monitored
and your web site is great! Thanks for sharing. Stick around...it
gets crazy sometimes, but it's a great place to handout!

Sue D.
Blooming Rose News

Hey BigBoob, This is quite a turn around from what you said about me on
alt.food.recipes and alt.bread.recipes.

u...

:

> > make

> > making

> (snipped for brevity)...

> Hi...Blooming Rose.....Thanks for the access to your site....Great the way
> you shown pictures of the various stages....Looks like I'll have to start
> using my breadmaker again...
>
> Bigbazza

Bigbazza

> Hey BigBoob, This is quite a turn around from what you said about me on
> alt.food.recipes and alt.bread.recipes.
>
> "Bigbazza" > wrote in message
> u...
> >
> > "Blooming Rose News" > wrote in message
> > > I am sorry, but I do not have the original recipe that I got from my

> Nana
> > 40
> > > years ago. It has been revised so many times and over the years I

have
> > lost
> > > it and she is no longer with us.
> > >
> > > I find that if you use the standard sized bread pans instead of the
> > > over=sized ones that I use, you can make two small loaves out of the

> 1.5-2
> > > lb batch of dough. As soon as the first batch comes out of the

machine,
> > > just start a new one and it will be ready for the pans just about the

> time
> > > the first two come out of the oven.
> > >
> > > I do this during the holidays when I have to make 10-15 loaves for our
> > > family get-togethers. The oven going all day also helps to keep the

> house
> > > warm in the winter but doesn't do anything for the cooling bills in

the
> > > Arizona summers.

> will
> > > try this

> make
> > > big

wrote
> :

can
> > > make
> > > making

> > (snipped for brevity)...

> > Hi...Blooming Rose.....Thanks for the access to your site....Great the

way
> > you shown pictures of the various stages....Looks like I'll have to

start
> > using my breadmaker again...
> >
> > Bigbazza

Yes that is right..Bloomingrose...before I found the same posting that you
put everywhere..please check the time on all of these postings...you will
find this was before I suspected 'trolling'...If I was wrong in my judging
you wrongly for any reason...I am sorry...but if not...Well.......I am not a
fighting poster at all....I like peace and usually don't involve myself in
disputes..but your posting made me very suspicious...again...if I was
wrong...then...Sorry....(Please check the time of all my posting)...

Bigbazza

Nona

On Fri, 21 May 2004 10:59:32 -0700, "Blooming Rose News"
> wrote:

Nice direction and pictures. Thanks for the url. Will try it!

Nona Myers