Old 28-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Pandora

Default [Chestnut dumplings] Reality show! First photos

I've made now without potatoes. I'm not a magician and I'haven't buy them
))
Look.
http://tinypic.com/9jjbm9
http://tinypic.com/9jjdcl.jpg
http://tinypic.com/9jjds6
http://tinypic.com/9jje6s
Now I must go because I have the water on the fire.
Then I tell you
Bye Bye
Pandora

Old 28-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Pandora

The dish finished:
http://tinypic.com/9jkaab.jpg
See you later, then I tell you
I go to make the chestnut dumplings with potatoes now.
These one are too hard, like I presumed!
Cheers
Pandora

Old 28-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Pandora

These gnocchi was made (this evening) with potatoes and chestnut flours.
More soft, more digestible, perhaps less beautiful than the others.

Recipe of this:
FOR GNOCCHI:
200 gr. of potatoes
150 gr. chestnut flour
50 gr. normal flour
---------------------
Boil potatoes till they are soft. Then, when they are stil hot, discard the
skin.
Put them in the potato musher and assemble them over the pastry board.
http://tinypic.com/9jlvf8.jpg

Make an hole and put inside 2 whole eggs. Beat the eggs with a fork; then
add chestnut flour and begin to knead with your hands.
If necessary (if the mixture is too soft, add some white flour).
When is ready, make long snakes that you will cut like the photo of the
precedent
post. Put every "gnocco" on a tray (over which you have put a floured
napkin).
Meanwhile you have put on the fire a big pot full of salted water. Put
inside also a spoon of oil.
When the water boil put your gnocchi (few at a time) inside.
Gnocchi are ready when they come to the surface. Take them out with a
strainer and put in the frying pan with the sauce.
(you can season this gnocchi only with some liquefied butter and sage).

RACLETTE SAUCE
http://tinypic.com/9jlwzt.jpg
3 glass of milk
150 gr of Raclette cheese;
butter,
salt
black pepper
sage.
---------------------------

In a frying pan put the butter; liquefy it and then add the milk, pepper,
salt and minced sage.
At this point put the minced cheese and mix till you see a cream.
If it is too liquid, put inside some teaspoons of potato starch.
Put your gnocchi in the frying pan with the hot cream and serve at instant.
http://tinypic.com/9jlx6p.jpg

I hope you will enjoy this recipe.
Cheers
Pandora

Old 28-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Pandora

"Pandora" ha scritto nel messaggio

These gnocchi was made (this evening) with potatoes and chestnut flours.
More soft, more digestible, perhaps less beautiful than the others.

Recipe of this:
FOR GNOCCHI:
200 gr. of potatoes
150 gr. chestnut flour
50 gr. normal flour

Sorry, I have trascripted wrong. It was 500 gr. of potatoes with skin, 150
of chestnut flour, 50 gr of white flour.
Excuse me, I was in a Hurry!
Pandora

Old 28-07-2005, 09:29 PM
serene

Pandora wrote:

http://tinypic.com/9jjbm9
http://tinypic.com/9jjdcl.jpg
http://tinypic.com/9jjds6
http://tinypic.com/9jje6s

Only the 2nd URL worked for me, but the dumplings are adorable.

serene

Old 28-07-2005, 09:29 PM
serene

Pandora wrote:

http://tinypic.com/9jkaab.jpg

Did you use a fork to make those shapes? That's how I've seen it done,
but I've never tried to make gnocchi. It's intimidating for me, but I
may give it a shot next time I am feeling ambitious.

serene
Old 28-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Pandora

"serene" ha scritto nel messaggio
Pandora wrote:

http://tinypic.com/9jkaab.jpg

Did you use a fork to make those shapes? That's how I've seen it done,
but I've never tried to make gnocchi. It's intimidating for me, but I
may give it a shot next time I am feeling ambitious.

No. It isn't a fork, it is a channelled chopping board. I put in my photo.
Try to look this

http://tinypic.com/9joocg.jpg

http://tinypic.com/9joq3c.jpg

Anyway is very simple to make Gnocchi! Don't be afraid!
You can also make them without grooves.
Cheers
Pandora

Old 28-07-2005, 10:49 PM
serene

Pandora wrote:

http://tinypic.com/9jkaab.jpg

Did you use a fork to make those shapes? That's how I've seen it done,
but I've never tried to make gnocchi. It's intimidating for me, but I
may give it a shot next time I am feeling ambitious.

No. It isn't a fork, it is a channelled chopping board. I put in my photo.
Try to look this

http://tinypic.com/9joocg.jpg

http://tinypic.com/9joq3c.jpg

I see the chopping board, but I still don't understand what you mean.
Can you explain?

Anyway is very simple to make Gnocchi! Don't be afraid!
You can also make them without grooves.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

serene
Old 28-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Curly Sue

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:29:31 -0700, (serene)
wrote:

Pandora wrote:

http://tinypic.com/9jjbm9
http://tinypic.com/9jjdcl.jpg
http://tinypic.com/9jjds6
http://tinypic.com/9jje6s

Only the 2nd URL worked for me, but the dumplings are adorable.

I tried adding "jpg" to the end but that didn't help.

Sue(tm)
Old 29-07-2005, 06:49 AM
Pandora

"serene" ha scritto nel messaggio
. ..

Pandora wrote:

http://tinypic.com/9jkaab.jpg

Did you use a fork to make those shapes? That's how I've seen it done,
but I've never tried to make gnocchi. It's intimidating for me, but I
may give it a shot next time I am feeling ambitious.

No. It isn't a fork, it is a channelled chopping board. I put in my
photo.
Try to look this

http://tinypic.com/9joocg.jpg

http://tinypic.com/9joq3c.jpg

I see the chopping board, but I still don't understand what you mean.
Can you explain?

I put the Gnocco over the Channelled chopping board and with my thumb I roll
it over making a light pressure. The Gnocco will come out channelled with a
cavity on one side (the side where you put the thumb).
Gnocco with cavity is much more digestible, light and beautiful than a round
whole gnocco.
Cheers
Pandora

Old 29-07-2005, 07:01 AM
Pandora

wrote:

Pandora wrote:

http://tinypic.com/9jjbm9
http://tinypic.com/9jjdcl.jpg
http://tinypic.com/9jjds6
http://tinypic.com/9jje6s

Only the 2nd URL worked for me, but the dumplings are adorable.

I tried adding "jpg" to the end but that didn't help.

I send you others.Yesterday, Tinypic had some problems.
Look:

http://tinypic.com/9k5r47.jpg
http://tinypic.com/9k5rg4.jpg
http://tinypic.com/9k5rnn.jpg
http://tinypic.com/9k5s04.jpg

Hoping you can see these.
Cheers
Pandora

Old 29-07-2005, 07:23 AM
serene

Pandora wrote:

I put the Gnocco over the Channelled chopping board and with my thumb I roll
it over making a light pressure. The Gnocco will come out channelled with a
cavity on one side (the side where you put the thumb).
Gnocco with cavity is much more digestible, light and beautiful than a round
whole gnocco.

Thanks! The channels aren't clear to me in the picture. Thanks for the
explanation. Guy (one of my husbands) and I are planning to make this
next time we're in the mood to cook.

serene
Old 29-07-2005, 07:28 AM
Pandora

Pandora wrote:

I put the Gnocco over the Channelled chopping board and with my thumb I
roll
it over making a light pressure. The Gnocco will come out channelled with
cavity on one side (the side where you put the thumb).
Gnocco with cavity is much more digestible, light and beautiful than a
round
whole gnocco.

Thanks! The channels aren't clear to me in the picture. Thanks for the
explanation. Guy (one of my husbands) and I are planning to make this
next time we're in the mood to cook.

And the other husbands?????
Did you lend him? )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Pandora

serene

Old 29-07-2005, 07:33 AM
serene

Pandora wrote:

"serene" ha scritto nel messaggio
. ..

Thanks! The channels aren't clear to me in the picture. Thanks for the
explanation. Guy (one of my husbands) and I are planning to make this
next time we're in the mood to cook.

And the other husbands?????
Did you lend him? )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*grin* No, the other husband (James) and I don't usually cook together.
Sometimes we do, but usually I cook for him or he cooks for me. Guy and
I, on the other hand, like to find a recipe for something fun (last
time, it was citrus jelly made from his Meyer lemons) and make it in his
swanky (fancy) new kitchen.

And my wife doesn't cook at all, unless you count pushing the buttons on
the microwave. :-)

serene
Old 29-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Pandora

Pandora wrote:

"serene" ha scritto nel messaggio
. ..

Thanks! The channels aren't clear to me in the picture. Thanks for the
explanation. Guy (one of my husbands) and I are planning to make this
next time we're in the mood to cook.

And the other husbands?????
Did you lend him? )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*grin* No, the other husband (James) and I don't usually cook together.
Sometimes we do, but usually I cook for him or he cooks for me.

Ohhh! What a romantic scene!

Guy and
I, on the other hand, like to find a recipe for something fun (last
time, it was citrus jelly made from his Meyer lemons) and make it in his
swanky (fancy) new kitchen.

Is James jealous of Guy?

And my wife doesn't cook at all, unless you count pushing the buttons on
the microwave. :-)

serene

Ohhhhhh! I understand: you have two husbands and one wife!
But who are you? An husband or a wife?
Oh my God. I think that sumertime is beginning to make effect on my poor
head ))
Pandora