TammyM

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:43:07 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 08:51:31 +0200, Pandora wrote:
>
>> What is a *Gnocchi paddle*?

>It's also known as a "butter paddle".

I had forgotten that! In fact, when I went searching, I was looking
for a butter paddle because someone at one of the Hartman's soirees in
the woods used it to make gnocchi. Or was it one of their cook-ins?
Not sure, but that's what prompted me to buy a 'butter paddle."

TammyM
MOMPEAGRAM

"TammyM" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:43:07 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 08:51:31 +0200, Pandora wrote:
>>
>>> What is a *Gnocchi paddle*?

>>It's also known as a "butter paddle".

> I had forgotten that! In fact, when I went searching, I was looking
> for a butter paddle because someone at one of the Hartman's soirees in
> the woods used it to make gnocchi. Or was it one of their cook-ins?
> Not sure, but that's what prompted me to buy a 'butter paddle."
>
> TammyM

I searched the internet and only found this:

http://www.berryhilllimited.com/b-ca...ct.asp?pid=BP1

It doesn't appear to have grooves.

MoM

sf

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:41:40 -0400, MOMPEAGRAM wrote:

> I searched the internet and only found this:
>
> http://www.berryhilllimited.com/b-ca...ct.asp?pid=BP1
>
> It doesn't appear to have grooves.

Here's a better picture (scroll down) and a decent explanation:

http://www.hormel.com/kitchen/glossa...087&catitemid=
Monsur Fromage du Pollet

MOMPEAGRAM wrote on 31 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> I searched the internet and only found this:
>
> http://www.berryhilllimited.com/b-ca...ct.asp?pid=BP1
>
> It doesn't appear to have grooves.
>
> MoM

where to get
http://www.creativecookware.com/gnocchi_paddle.htm
http://www.jbprince.com/index.asp?Pa...ROD&ProdID=348

Automatic hand crank type
http://www.abestkitchen.com/store/cavatelli-maker.html

What to do if you don't have one
http://www.italianculinary.com/pf_re...o_gnocchi.html
Cut the dough into 8 pieces. Roll each into a finger-thick log, and cut
into 1/2 inch pieces with a sharp knife or a dough scraper. Roll each
log of the gnocchi over a fork, a grater, or a gnocchi paddle to obtain
grooves.

--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!

A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Dee Randall

"Monsur Fromage du Pollet" > wrote in message
> MOMPEAGRAM wrote on 31 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> I searched the internet and only found this:
>>
>> http://www.berryhilllimited.com/b-ca...ct.asp?pid=BP1
>>
>> It doesn't appear to have grooves.
>>
>> MoM
>>

> where to get
> http://www.creativecookware.com/gnocchi_paddle.htm
> http://www.jbprince.com/index.asp?Pa...ROD&ProdID=348
>
> Automatic hand crank type
> http://www.abestkitchen.com/store/cavatelli-maker.html

So clever!

Question: I'm not sure what to think about not washing pasta machines that
roll out or assemble dough/pasta products made with egg.
Aren't (some) raw eggs not good for health, and don't raw eggs rotten?
How does one get around this?
Dee Dee

MOMPEAGRAM

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:41:40 -0400, MOMPEAGRAM wrote:
>
>> I searched the internet and only found this:
>>
>> http://www.berryhilllimited.com/b-ca...ct.asp?pid=BP1
>>
>> It doesn't appear to have grooves.

> Here's a better picture (scroll down) and a decent explanation:
>
> http://www.hormel.com/kitchen/glossa...087&catitemid=

That does look the same as the Gnocci paddle, but I still don't know where
to get one at a reasonable price.

MoM

MOMPEAGRAM

"Monsur Fromage du Pollet" > wrote in message
> MOMPEAGRAM wrote on 31 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> I searched the internet and only found this:
>>
>> http://www.berryhilllimited.com/b-ca...ct.asp?pid=BP1
>>
>> It doesn't appear to have grooves.
>>
>> MoM
>>

> where to get
> http://www.creativecookware.com/gnocchi_paddle.htm
> http://www.jbprince.com/index.asp?Pa...ROD&ProdID=348

The first one is the one I first found. I am definitely NOT paying $18 US
for a board.

I think I'll wait till we are down there for a few months and buy it then.

MoM

sf

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:54:52 -0400, MOMPEAGRAM wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:41:40 -0400, MOMPEAGRAM wrote:
> >
> >> I searched the internet and only found this:
> >>
> >> http://www.berryhilllimited.com/b-ca...ct.asp?pid=BP1
> >>
> >> It doesn't appear to have grooves.

> > Here's a better picture (scroll down) and a decent explanation:
> >
> > http://www.hormel.com/kitchen/glossa...087&catitemid=

> That does look the same as the Gnocci paddle, but I still don't know where
> to get one at a reasonable price.
>
> MoM

sf

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:54:52 -0400, MOMPEAGRAM wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:41:40 -0400, MOMPEAGRAM wrote:
> >
> >> I searched the internet and only found this:
> >>
> >> http://www.berryhilllimited.com/b-ca...ct.asp?pid=BP1
> >>
> >> It doesn't appear to have grooves.

> > Here's a better picture (scroll down) and a decent explanation:
> >
> > http://www.hormel.com/kitchen/glossa...087&catitemid=

> That does look the same as the Gnocci paddle, but I still don't know where
> to get one at a reasonable price.

http://www.lehmans.com/jump.jsp?item...ProductID=3673
http://www.jbprince.com/index.asp?Pa...ROD&ProdID=348

Pan Ohco

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 16:05:03 -0700, sf wrote:

>> > http://www.hormel.com/kitchen/glossa...087&catitemid=

>> That does look the same as the Gnocci paddle, but I still don't know where
>> to get one at a reasonable price.
>>
>> MoM

Wouldn't be just as easy to roll it off a fork? And you don't have to
search for something to spend money on.

Pan Ohco

MOMPEAGRAM

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:54:52 -0400, MOMPEAGRAM wrote:

>> > Here's a better picture (scroll down) and a decent explanation:
>> >
>> > http://www.hormel.com/kitchen/glossa...087&catitemid=

>> That does look the same as the Gnocci paddle, but I still don't know
>> where
>> to get one at a reasonable price.
>>

> http://www.lehmans.com/jump.jsp?item...ProductID=3673
> http://www.jbprince.com/index.asp?Pa...ROD&ProdID=348

Lehmans - are on back order
jbprince - minimum $25 order

MOMPEAGRAM

"Pan Ohco" > wrote in message

>>> That does look the same as the Gnocci paddle, but I still don't know
>>> where
>>> to get one at a reasonable price.
>>>
>>> MoM
>>>

> Wouldn't be just as easy to roll it off a fork? And you don't have to
> search for something to spend money on.
>
> Pan Ohco

Board produces a better looking end result and is easier.

So, fork off!

Boron Elgar

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:13:35 -0400, "MOMPEAGRAM" >
wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .

>>> That does look the same as the Gnocci paddle, but I still don't know
>>> where
>>> to get one at a reasonable price.
>>>

>> http://www.lehmans.com/jump.jsp?item...ProductID=3673
>> http://www.jbprince.com/index.asp?Pa...ROD&ProdID=348
>>

>Lehmans - are on back order
>jbprince - minimum $25 order

It is $3.95 here. Do your searching under the term "gnocchi board"
and you will find them much cheaper.

http://www.kitchenconservatory.com/pasta.htm

$2.99 below (and out of stock there, too...makes it sound like the
same thing, no?)

http://www.kitchenemporium.com/cgi-b...d/38vw581.html

$3.99
http://fantes.com/pastamakers.htm#gnocchi

Boron
Dee Randall

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:13:35 -0400, "MOMPEAGRAM" >
> wrote:
>

>>"sf" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> http://www.lehmans.com/jump.jsp?item...ProductID=3673
>>> http://www.jbprince.com/index.asp?Pa...ROD&ProdID=348
>>>

>>Lehmans - are on back order
>>jbprince - minimum $25 order
>>

> It is $3.95 here. Do your searching under the term "gnocchi board"
> and you will find them much cheaper.
>
> http://www.kitchenconservatory.com/pasta.htm
>
> $2.99 below (and out of stock there, too...makes it sound like the
> same thing, no?)
>
> http://www.kitchenemporium.com/cgi-b...d/38vw581.html
>
> $3.99
> http://fantes.com/pastamakers.htm#gnocchi
>
> Boron

Thanks for these sites, Boron
fantes site says,
"Also used in pairs for rolling cold butter into balls."
I knew there was something special about this paddle -- you need two of
them! It's a hard thing to do, remember back 60-65 years.
Amazing that someone is still doing this. The home kitchen/cooking world is
still out there hanging on. Just for fun, I make try making some, after I
order this beautiful board. (Just one board tho, please.)
Dee Dee

Vilco

Mi e' parso che Dee Randall abbia scritto:

> Vilco, rabbit is not a subject I broach easily, but here
> goes! Are there rabbit farms? Like there are beef farms
> and pork farms?

Yes, there are

> My imagination is going wild wondering
> how they keep them -- are they little itty-bitty rabbits
> for tenderness, jack-rabbit types for stews, rabbits bred
> just for stews, rabbit breast recipes, rabbit leg
> recipes?

Don't know, sorry. They usually end up roasted, here around, or
stewed.

> I am not a pita type person, but duck, geese and rabbit
> (and, of course, horse, squirrels and snake) are not for
> me

I love them all

> If you are referring to the Alpes when you say,
> emilian Apennines, I'll bet just about everything after a
> day out in that air tastes wonderful.

The Apennines are the line of mountains going from Liguria to
Calabria, through Italy in almost its full length.
In this map, around the gulf in the northwest, north of Corsica,
you can see the joint point between the Alpes (northern and
bigger) and the Apennines (going southern and thinner)
http://www.geodynamics.no/buiter/apennines.html
--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'

Vilco

Mi e' parso che MOMPEAGRAM abbia scritto:

>> Wouldn't be just as easy to roll it off a fork? And you
>> don't have to search for something to spend money on.

Mom goes just like that.

> Board produces a better looking end result and is easier.

Also the back of a grater like this can give good results:
http://www.agferrari.com/index.php/i...item/2677.html
Just roll the suckers against the wrong side (the one that
doesn't grate)

> So, fork off!

ROTFL
--