dwacon

Default Slab Bacon

My childhood fave was when dad brought home a slab of bacon (with the "rind"
still intact). He would slice it THICK and drop each slice into a pan full
of boiling bacon fat.

That came to mind when I read the latest issue of Texas Monthly magazine
where they have a recipe for "Chicken Fried Bacon."

I'm sure that goes deep in the heart of many Texans...

--
J Lo Lingerie *plus* 50% off Thongs
www.cafepress.com/dwacon

Doug Kanter

" dwacon" > wrote in message
> My childhood fave was when dad brought home a slab of bacon (with the
> "rind" still intact). He would slice it THICK and drop each slice into a
> pan full of boiling bacon fat.
>
> That came to mind when I read the latest issue of Texas Monthly magazine
> where they have a recipe for "Chicken Fried Bacon."
>
> I'm sure that goes deep in the heart of many Texans...

In more ways than one.... :-)

Stark

In article <VsuFe.138$MO.126@lakeread04>, dwacon
> wrote:

> My childhood fave was when dad brought home a slab of bacon (with the "rind"
> still intact). He would slice it THICK and drop each slice into a pan full
> of boiling bacon fat.
>
> That came to mind when I read the latest issue of Texas Monthly magazine
> where they have a recipe for "Chicken Fried Bacon."
>
> I'm sure that goes deep in the heart of many Texans...

Don't know about "Chicken Friend Bacon." But a few years ago a local
Albertson's offered sample bites of their deli bacon that was
absolutely delicious. I asked the gals behind the counter how they
fixed it. They said "Deep Fry." I guess that was a practical way to
prepare lots of pieces for sampling, but it tasted great, better than
my skillet friend bacon even after the first pieces have made
significant grease.
Kate Connally

dwacon wrote:

> My childhood fave was when dad brought home a slab of bacon (with the "rind"
> still intact). He would slice it THICK and drop each slice into a pan full
> of boiling bacon fat.
>
> That came to mind when I read the latest issue of Texas Monthly magazine
> where they have a recipe for "Chicken Fried Bacon."
>
> I'm sure that goes deep in the heart of many Texans...
>
> --
> J Lo Lingerie *plus* 50% off Thongs
> www.cafepress.com/dwacon

Hey, aren't you going to post the recipe?

Kate

Salt Slab Potatoes [email protected] General Cooking 5 18-03-2012 02:55 PM
Finished Slab Pic piedmont Barbecue 12 22-06-2010 04:37 AM
Doing 3LB Slab of Spareribs piedmont Barbecue 35 21-06-2010 07:47 AM
Slab o' Caramel! dejablues General Cooking 13 16-09-2008 12:39 AM
REAL Canadian Bacon - Back Bacon - Peameal Bacon Online. [email protected] General Cooking 1 15-09-2007 04:41 PM