FoodBanter.com

-   -   Slab Bacon (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/66254-slab-bacon.html)

dwacon 26-07-2005 06:32 PM

Slab Bacon

My childhood fave was when dad brought home a slab of bacon (with the "rind"
still intact). He would slice it THICK and drop each slice into a pan full
of boiling bacon fat.

That came to mind when I read the latest issue of Texas Monthly magazine
where they have a recipe for "Chicken Fried Bacon."

I'm sure that goes deep in the heart of many Texans...

--
J Lo Lingerie *plus* 50% off Thongs
www.cafepress.com/dwacon

Doug Kanter 26-07-2005 06:39 PM

" dwacon" > wrote in message
> My childhood fave was when dad brought home a slab of bacon (with the
> "rind" still intact). He would slice it THICK and drop each slice into a
> pan full of boiling bacon fat.
>
> That came to mind when I read the latest issue of Texas Monthly magazine
> where they have a recipe for "Chicken Fried Bacon."
>
> I'm sure that goes deep in the heart of many Texans...

In more ways than one.... :-)

Stark 27-07-2005 12:42 PM

In article <VsuFe.138$MO.126@lakeread04>, dwacon
> wrote:

> My childhood fave was when dad brought home a slab of bacon (with the "rind"
> still intact). He would slice it THICK and drop each slice into a pan full
> of boiling bacon fat.
>
> That came to mind when I read the latest issue of Texas Monthly magazine
> where they have a recipe for "Chicken Fried Bacon."
>
> I'm sure that goes deep in the heart of many Texans...

Don't know about "Chicken Friend Bacon." But a few years ago a local
Albertson's offered sample bites of their deli bacon that was
absolutely delicious. I asked the gals behind the counter how they
fixed it. They said "Deep Fry." I guess that was a practical way to
prepare lots of pieces for sampling, but it tasted great, better than
my skillet friend bacon even after the first pieces have made
significant grease.

Kate Connally 27-07-2005 03:51 PM

dwacon wrote:

> My childhood fave was when dad brought home a slab of bacon (with the "rind"
> still intact). He would slice it THICK and drop each slice into a pan full
> of boiling bacon fat.
>
> That came to mind when I read the latest issue of Texas Monthly magazine
> where they have a recipe for "Chicken Fried Bacon."
>
> I'm sure that goes deep in the heart of many Texans...
>
> --
> J Lo Lingerie *plus* 50% off Thongs
> www.cafepress.com/dwacon

Hey, aren't you going to post the recipe?

Kate