kalanamak

> Dog3 wrote:

What, nothing about the band "Chuck Roast and the Potatoes" (I believe
this was from the Frost Report, mid-60's).
blacksalt
ObFood: MiDel's whole wheat graham crackers with cream cheese and
apricot jam.
Curly Sue

Default Food Trivia

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:06:00 GMT, Dog3 > wrote:

>Gawd, it's hot outside and I'm bored. Came across a food trivia site.
>Thought I'd bore the rest of you
>
>Choose one from the choices below the question:
>
>1) Q: Kyu Sakamoto Sang About What?
>
> Sushi
> Sashimi
> Suzuki
> Sukiyaki

Actually, he didn't sing about sukiyaki, that was just an arbitrary
title of the song easier for English-speakers to relate to than "ue o
muite." It is a lament about lost love.

However, interesting from a food point of view, the song was re-done
later by a group called "A Taste of Honey." The tune is the same (but
slower), it's also a lament about lost love, but the lyrics are not a
translation.

Sue(tm)
Margaret Suran

Dog3 wrote:
> Gawd, it's hot outside and I'm bored. Came across a food trivia site.
> Thought I'd bore the rest of you
>
> Choose one from the choices below the question:
>
> 1) Q: Kyu Sakamoto Sang About What?
>
> Sushi
> Sashimi
> Suzuki
> Sukiyaki
>
> 2) Q: The B-52s Sang About This Colorful Dog.
>
> Huckleberry Hound
> Quiche Lorraine
> Cherry Blossom
> Jellybean
>
> 3) Q: Which Thing Doesn't Belong?
>
> Schnitzel With Noodles
> Bratwurst And Beer
> Bright Copper Kettles
> Crisp Apple Streudels
>
> 4) Q: "Percy, upon being released from prison, goes to the small town of
> Gillead, to find a place where she can start over again" is the plot for
> which movie?
>
> Vic's Grill
> Lone Star Bar & Grill
> The Spitfire Grill
> Sunset Grill
>
> 5) Q: Which movie is a 1902 short comedy?
>
> Chicken Breasts
> Two in the Sack, With Potatoes
> Bed of Lettuce
> Serving Potatoes, Undressed

Get out of the sun and into the house. After reading this quiz, I
have to believe that your brain is frying from the heat and the Sun.
Have a cold beer and watch the afternoon ball game. )
notbob

On 2005-07-23, Dog3 > wrote:
> Gawd, it's hot outside and I'm bored. Came across a food trivia site.
> Thought I'd bore the rest of you
>
> Choose one from the choices below the question:

> 1) Q: Kyu Sakamoto Sang About What?
> Sukiyaki
>
> 2) Q: The B-52s Sang About This Colorful Dog.
> Quiche Lorraine

> 3) Q: Which Thing Doesn't Belong?
> Schnitzel With Noodles

> 4) Q: "Percy, upon being released from prison, goes to the small
> town of
> Gillead, to find a place where she can start over again" is the plot
> for
> which movie?
> The Spitfire Grill

> 5) Q: Which movie is a 1902 short comedy?
> Serving Potatoes, Undressed

nb
notbob

On 2005-07-23, kalanamak > wrote:

> What, nothing about the band "Chuck Roast and the Potatoes" (I believe
> this was from the Frost Report, mid-60's).

When I played back in my high school days, I kept trying to get my
bands to go with Bill Banana and the Bunch: The Band with Appeal.

nb

Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 23 Jul 2005 03:04:33p, notbob wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 2005-07-23, kalanamak > wrote:
>
>> What, nothing about the band "Chuck Roast and the Potatoes" (I believe
>> this was from the Frost Report, mid-60's).

> When I played back in my high school days, I kept trying to get my
> bands to go with Bill Banana and the Bunch: The Band with Appeal.
>
> nb

ARGHH! :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0529-2, 07/21/2005
Tested on: 7/23/2005 3:40:16 PM

kalanamak

sarah bennett wrote:

> what are the effects of too much xylitol?

Plop, plop, without the fizz,fizz.
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, kalanamak
> wrote:

> ObFood: MiDel's whole wheat graham crackers with cream cheese and
> apricot jam.

Hey, you -- I made some sugar-free apricot jam with xylitol as the
sweetener - used dried aps. Break your heart, it's so good. (Yeah, I
know about the effects of too much xylitol.)
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 7/8/05 WeBeJammin'!
sarah bennett

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >, kalanamak
> > wrote:
>

>>ObFood: MiDel's whole wheat graham crackers with cream cheese and
>>apricot jam.

> Hey, you -- I made some sugar-free apricot jam with xylitol as the
> sweetener - used dried aps. Break your heart, it's so good. (Yeah, I
> know about the effects of too much xylitol.)

what are the effects of too much xylitol?

--

saerah

"It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

"I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
-König Prüß
pennyaline

sarah bennett asked:

> what are the effects of too much xylitol?

Abdominal bloating, cramping, and diarrhea.

Kate Connally

notbob wrote:

> On 2005-07-23, Dog3 > wrote:
> > Gawd, it's hot outside and I'm bored. Came across a food trivia site.
> > Thought I'd bore the rest of you
> >
> > Choose one from the choices below the question:

> > 1) Q: Kyu Sakamoto Sang About What?
> > Sukiyaki
> >
> > 2) Q: The B-52s Sang About This Colorful Dog.
> > Quiche Lorraine

> > 3) Q: Which Thing Doesn't Belong?
> > Schnitzel With Noodles

Ya got this one wrong. It's Beer with Bratwurst.
The others are all lines from "My Favorite Things" from
"The Sound of Music.

I don't know from any of the others.

Kate

> > 4) Q: "Percy, upon being released from prison, goes to the small
> > town of
> > Gillead, to find a place where she can start over again" is the plot
> > for
> > which movie?
> > The Spitfire Grill

> > 5) Q: Which movie is a 1902 short comedy?
> > Serving Potatoes, Undressed

> nb

Actually, Barb, even if you are not used to xylitol, you would only
experiece the "digestive problems" if you ate two jars of that stuff
at one sitting. Oh. Never mind.

Anyway, as you become accustomed to xylitol, those effects disappear.
Unlike the other polyols (sorbitol, maltitol, etc., which I can't even
get *near*), xylitol is something that your body knows about, since it
makes about 15 grams of it a day. It's also found in most fruits and
vegetables. So, enjoy, dearie - it still has calories (40% less than
sugar), but so what!

Bonnie