Tonya Rollins

Default Great summer "drink".

I was just reading the post on a great sangria recipe and was in the same
predicament Independence Day. Instead of making sangria, I made something
called Nantucket lemonade and it was a huge hit and went great with the
boating. Here's the recipe( it think I got it from food network, but can't
exactly remember):

Nantucket Lemonade

This punch gets its name from a concoction the author whipped up for a
dockside get-together on the island several summers ago. The ginger ale
balances the tart lemon and lime citrus tones, while the cranberry juice
adds sweetness and vivid, festive color. After all, if you're going to name
a drink after one of the cranberry capitals of the world, the juice should
star.

Serving: 12

Punch bowl and glasses
5 cups lemonade, homemade or good-quality purchased
2 cups cranberry juice
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 cups vodka
2 cups chilled ginger ale
4 cups ice cubes
Frozen cranberries and lemon slices for garnish

Combine the lemonade, cranberry juice, lime juice and vodka in the punch
bowl and mix well. Just before serving, slowly pour in the ginger ale. Add
the ice cubes. Garnish with the frozen cranberries and lemon slices and
serve immediately.

Notes: For non-alcoholic Nantucket Lemonade, substitute 2 cups additional
ginger ale and 1 cup additional cranberry juice for the vodka. For a picnic
or harbor cruise, mix the punch directly in a small insulated cooler for
instant and easy transportability.

Instead of using regular vodka, I used vanilla vodka to my personal taste. I
also couldn't find frozen cranberries and just used frozen berries- still
great!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Great summer "drink".-clip_image002.gif  Great summer "drink".-clip_image003.gif  Great summer "drink".-clip_image004.gif  Great summer "drink".-clip_image005.gif  Great summer "drink".-clip_image006.gif