FoodBanter.com

-   -   REC: Apple Crisp (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/65468-rec-apple-crisp.html)

Curly Sue 17-07-2005 06:41 PM

REC: Apple Crisp

I'm posting this particular recipe out of season because I thought I'd
lost it and I want to archive it ;> I made it last fall and it was
really good; I like the flour + oatmeal streusel and the apples were
excellent.

I thought I found it on rec.food.* or on the web, but nothing seemed
right, even though several come close. Fortunately I found it on my
work computer. Now I know where to look if I lose it again! (I will
make a hard copy too).

APPLE CRISP

Butter/grease deep casserole dish, preheat oven to 350.

4 c sliced, peeled apples
toss with a couple tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/4 c brown sugar, 1-2
tsp apple pie spice

cut together until crumbly:
1 stick butter
1/2 c flour

Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 c brown sugar, and 1 c rolled oats to streusel.

Place 1/2 apples in casserole, add 1/2 streusel. Add rest of apples.
Top with remaining streusel. Press down lightly. Bake 30-40 min.

Sue(tm)

Ranee Mueller 21-07-2005 07:06 PM

In article >,
(Curly Sue) wrote:

> I'm posting this particular recipe out of season because I thought I'd
> lost it and I want to archive it ;> I made it last fall and it was
> really good; I like the flour + oatmeal streusel and the apples were
> excellent.

Our priests wife makes something similar, except she adds raisins to
the apple mix and chopped walnuts to the streusel. Very tasty. :)

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/