Smith

Default I left a aluminum non-stick pot on the stove, is it safe to still use?

I left a Analon Pro nonstick pot on the stove for an hour without
anything in it. The pot seems fine, but I'd like to know if it's still
safe to use, or am I suppose to throw it out? Thanks!
Ted Campanelli

On 5/12/2004 12:34 AM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these
great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

If the non-stick is not flaking off, it should be OK. If it is starting
to flake or come off, it is up to you. Personally, I would not want the
non-stick going into my food and body.

You can cook just as well by using some oil or butter/margerine in a
regular pan as you can with the non-stick. My personal preference is
for a stainless steel, copper clad bottom pan. Provides excellent heat
distribution.

In rec.food.cooking, Smith > wrote:
> I left a Analon Pro nonstick pot on the stove for an hour without
> anything in it. The pot seems fine, but I'd like to know if it's still
> safe to use, or am I suppose to throw it out? Thanks!

Throw it out. If you use it, you will die.

--
....I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who
Smith

> Throw it out. If you use it, you will die.

Cute.

In rec.food.cooking, Smith > wrote:
> > Throw it out. If you use it, you will die.

> Cute.

Thanks. What most people don't realize is that Teflon is totally
nonreactive and nonstick with all tpes of organic sustances and meats -
except for human flesh! If you ingest it, it sticks to your insides like
glue, where it slowly reacts, producing deadly toxins.

--
....I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who