jmcquown

Default Worried (OT) Hot Bloody Mary

I'm going to have a Holter monitor attached at 8:30 AM (Central). I haven't
been sleeping particularly well what with the shoulder and arm pain. So, I
share with you my favourite "mixer" for a Bloody Mary. So sorry if you
don't drink. I need a drink. In a large glass over ice:

2 oz. chilled vodka
4.5 oz. "hot" V-8 Juice (spiced vegetable juice) OR tomato juice with:
dash celery salt
Tabasco sauce to taste
squirt of lime juice
The alternative for me is a commercial mixer called Texas Redeye. Good
stuff

Stir it all together. If you want celery stalks, use them for a stir-stick.
Add clam juice if you want to. Drink it up

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 04 Jul 2005 10:10:43p, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> I'm going to have a Holter monitor attached at 8:30 AM (Central). I
> haven't been sleeping particularly well what with the shoulder and arm
> pain. So, I share with you my favourite "mixer" for a Bloody Mary. So
> sorry if you don't drink. I need a drink. In a large glass over ice:
>
> 2 oz. chilled vodka
> 4.5 oz. "hot" V-8 Juice (spiced vegetable juice) OR tomato juice with:
> dash celery salt
> Tabasco sauce to taste
> squirt of lime juice
> The alternative for me is a commercial mixer called Texas Redeye. Good
> stuff
>
> Stir it all together. If you want celery stalks, use them for a
> stir-stick. Add clam juice if you want to. Drink it up
>
> Jill

Enjoy, and Good Luck, Jill!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
Tested on: 7/4/2005 10:14:02 PM

Damsel

"jmcquown" > said:

> I'm going to have a Holter monitor attached at 8:30 AM (Central). I haven't
> been sleeping particularly well what with the shoulder and arm pain. So, I
> share with you my favourite "mixer" for a Bloody Mary.

Crash and I will be thinking our very best thoughts for you. If you get
especially nervous, give me a call, and I'll sing commercial jingles into
the phone until you start laughing. :-)

Is a Bloody Mary called something else if it's not hot? A Sissy Damsel,
maybe?

Carol

--
Coming at you live, from beautiful Lake Woebegon
jmcquown

Damsel wrote:
> "jmcquown" > said:
>
>> I'm going to have a Holter monitor attached at 8:30 AM (Central). I
>> haven't been sleeping particularly well what with the shoulder and
>> arm pain. So, I share with you my favourite "mixer" for a Bloody
>> Mary.

> Crash and I will be thinking our very best thoughts for you. If you
> get especially nervous, give me a call, and I'll sing commercial
> jingles into
> the phone until you start laughing. :-)
>
> Is a Bloody Mary called something else if it's not hot? A Sissy
> Damsel, maybe?
>
> Carol

You will kill me with commercial jingles but thanks for asking. I don't
need any "ear worms" Love you! I will be okay.

Jill

sf

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 00:10:43 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> I'm going to have a Holter monitor attached at 8:30 AM (Central). I haven't
> been sleeping particularly well what with the shoulder and arm pain.

sf is sending good vibes your way...

AlleyGator

"jmcquown" > wrote:

>I'm going to have a Holter monitor attached at 8:30 AM (Central). I haven't
>been sleeping particularly well what with the shoulder and arm pain. So, I
>share with you my favourite "mixer" for a Bloody Mary. So sorry if you
>don't drink. I need a drink. In a large glass over ice:

I hate to hear you're not feeling well. Hope everything's ok. And
the "to taste" on the tobasco would mean tons for me. I once had a BM
that was so hot I thought I would croak, and it was great!

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.
Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 05 Jul 2005 11:08:28a, AlleyGator wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
>>I'm going to have a Holter monitor attached at 8:30 AM (Central). I
>>haven't been sleeping particularly well what with the shoulder and arm
>>pain. So, I share with you my favourite "mixer" for a Bloody Mary. So
>>sorry if you don't drink. I need a drink. In a large glass over ice:

> I hate to hear you're not feeling well. Hope everything's ok. And
> the "to taste" on the tobasco would mean tons for me. I once had a BM
> that was so hot I thought I would croak, and it was great!

Thank you for sharing! :-)))

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
Tested on: 7/5/2005 11:17:30 AM

scrooge

jmcquown wrote:
> I'm going to have a Holter monitor attached at 8:30 AM (Central). I haven't
> been sleeping particularly well what with the shoulder and arm pain. So, I
> share with you my favourite "mixer" for a Bloody Mary. So sorry if you
> don't drink. I need a drink. In a large glass over ice:
>
> 2 oz. chilled vodka
> 4.5 oz. "hot" V-8 Juice (spiced vegetable juice) OR tomato juice with:
> dash celery salt
> Tabasco sauce to taste
> squirt of lime juice
> The alternative for me is a commercial mixer called Texas Redeye. Good
> stuff
>
> Stir it all together. If you want celery stalks, use them for a stir-stick.
> Add clam juice if you want to. Drink it up
>
> Jill

Jill:
NOt sure what a "Holter Monitor" is... presuming it's a heart monitor,
it's nothing to be apprehensive about. I wore one for several days a
couple of years ago. Never did figure out where the chest pains were
coming from, tho...

And you have described one of my favorite variants for the Bloody Mary
(BM in my house). This is a frequent afternoon libation and occasional
breakfast drink around here; required supplement for the bagels and
cream cheese when we visit our good friends in Detroit.

Some Canadian friends mix "Bloody Ceasers"... 2 oz vodka plus about 4,
5 oz of Clamato juice. Not bad, but I prefer the Hot BMs.

Sure hope you get fixed quickly whatever is troubling you. I know we
haven't met, but I think of you as a friend nonetheless. (despite the
mildy troublesome fact that I don't know how to pronounce McQuown)

Scrooge

scrooge

Around here, it's called a Bloody Shame. Yeah, I know, some folks save
that term for a non-alcoholic version. In my house, that's not an
option.

Scrooge

jmcquown

scrooge wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> I'm going to have a Holter monitor attached at 8:30 AM (Central). I
>> haven't been sleeping particularly well what with the shoulder and
>> arm pain. So, I share with you my favourite "mixer" for a Bloody
>> Mary. So sorry if you don't drink. I need a drink. In a large
>> glass over ice:
>>
>> 2 oz. chilled vodka
>> 4.5 oz. "hot" V-8 Juice (spiced vegetable juice) OR tomato juice
>> with:
>> dash celery salt
>> Tabasco sauce to taste
>> squirt of lime juice
>> The alternative for me is a commercial mixer called Texas Redeye.
>> Good stuff
>>
>> Stir it all together. If you want celery stalks, use them for a
>> stir-stick. Add clam juice if you want to. Drink it up
>>
>> Jill

> Jill:
> NOt sure what a "Holter Monitor" is... presuming it's a heart monitor,

It's my own personal echocardiogram machine, clipped to my belt. I have
about 8 electrodes glued to my chest. Fun!

> it's nothing to be apprehensive about. I wore one for several days a
> couple of years ago. Never did figure out where the chest pains were
> coming from, tho...

Hopefully they will find nothing more than muscle aches

> And you have described one of my favorite variants for the Bloody Mary
> (BM in my house). This is a frequent afternoon libation and occasional
> breakfast drink around here; required supplement for the bagels and
> cream cheese when we visit our good friends in Detroit.

Indeed, I'm having another one as we speak!

> Some Canadian friends mix "Bloody Ceasers"... 2 oz vodka plus about 4,
> 5 oz of Clamato juice. Not bad, but I prefer the Hot BMs.

Me, too.

> Sure hope you get fixed quickly whatever is troubling you. I know we
> haven't met, but I think of you as a friend nonetheless. (despite the
> mildy troublesome fact that I don't know how to pronounce McQuown)
>
> Scrooge

Thank you, Scrooge! You too! Oh, and it's much more simple than it
appears. It's like a cat meowing. Muh-Kee-Ow-en.

Jill

Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 05 Jul 2005 12:57:46p, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> It's my own personal echocardiogram machine, clipped to my belt. I have
> about 8 electrodes glued to my chest. Fun!

Gives new meaning to the term "wired"! :-)

> Thank you, Scrooge! You too! Oh, and it's much more simple than it
> appears. It's like a cat meowing. Muh-Kee-Ow-en.

Then it doesn't rhyme with "McPhone"? Guess I've been mispronouncing it in
my head. :-(

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
Tested on: 7/5/2005 1:03:31 PM

jmcquown

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Tue 05 Jul 2005 12:57:46p, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> It's like a cat meowing. Muh-Kee-Ow-en.

> Then it doesn't rhyme with "McPhone"? Guess I've been mispronouncing
> it in my head. :-(

Sorry to disappoint. Repeat after me: Muh-Kee-Ow-en. Now say it fast.
McQuown! <G>

Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 05 Jul 2005 01:13:06p, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Tue 05 Jul 2005 12:57:46p, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> It's like a cat meowing. Muh-Kee-Ow-en.

>> Then it doesn't rhyme with "McPhone"? Guess I've been mispronouncing
>> it in my head. :-(

> Sorry to disappoint. Repeat after me: Muh-Kee-Ow-en. Now say it fast.
> McQuown! <G>

Got it, kiddo! Thanks. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
Tested on: 7/5/2005 1:23:05 PM

sf

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:08:28 GMT, AlleyGator wrote:

> I once had a BM that was so hot I thought I would croak, and it was great!

OMG... did you read this before you posted it????

LOLOLOL!
AlleyGator

sf > wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:08:28 GMT, AlleyGator wrote:
>
>> I once had a BM that was so hot I thought I would croak, and it was great!

>OMG... did you read this before you posted it????
>
>LOLOLOL!

oops.

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.

LynneA

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
.. .
> I'm going to have a Holter monitor attached at 8:30 AM (Central). I
> haven't
> been sleeping particularly well what with the shoulder and arm pain. So,
> share with you my favourite "mixer" for a Bloody Mary. So sorry if you
> don't drink. I need a drink. In a large glass over ice:

Any results yet, Jill? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all is well!

Lynne A

jmcquown

LynneA wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> I'm going to have a Holter monitor attached at 8:30 AM (Central). I
>> haven't
>> been sleeping particularly well what with the shoulder and arm pain.
>> So, I
>> share with you my favourite "mixer" for a Bloody Mary. So sorry if
>> you don't drink. I need a drink. In a large glass over ice:

> Any results yet, Jill? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all is
> well!
>
> Lynne A

Not yet, Lynne. They disconnected the monitor this morning and I have to
wait for the results. Might be a few more bloody mary's inbetween

Jill

Kevin_Sheehy

jmcquown wrote:

<snip>

> Not yet, Lynne. They disconnected the monitor this morning and I have to
> wait for the results. Might be a few more bloody mary's in between

Look, girlie - get yourself some Swiffers and start cleaning up.

Seriously, I hope that things turn out well.

Regards

sf

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 14:57:46 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> scrooge wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >> I'm going to have a Holter monitor attached at 8:30 AM (Central). I
> >> haven't been sleeping particularly well what with the shoulder and
> >> arm pain. So, I share with you my favourite "mixer" for a Bloody
> >> Mary. So sorry if you don't drink. I need a drink. In a large
> >> glass over ice:
> >>
> >> 2 oz. chilled vodka
> >> 4.5 oz. "hot" V-8 Juice (spiced vegetable juice) OR tomato juice
> >> with:
> >> dash celery salt
> >> Tabasco sauce to taste
> >> squirt of lime juice
> >> The alternative for me is a commercial mixer called Texas Redeye.
> >> Good stuff
> >>
> >> Stir it all together. If you want celery stalks, use them for a
> >> stir-stick. Add clam juice if you want to. Drink it up
> >>
> >> Jill

> Indeed, I'm having another one as we speak!

It's been too long since I've made a Bloody Mary... back when I did, I
used Snappy Tom because there was no such thing as a "hot" V-8... well
there were hot V-8 automobiles, but that's a different conversation.

think I'll get the fixings soon.
notbob

On 2005-07-07, sf > wrote:

> used Snappy Tom because there was no such thing as a "hot" V-8... well

> think I'll get the fixings soon.

You might also consider hot vodka. Absolut Pepar is an infused vodka
that will up the heat considerably. I first ran across it at a Cajun
music festival when I ordered a Cajun Bloody Mary. It included
Absolut Pepar, tomato juice, lemon juice, Tabasco, black pepper,
Worcestershire, and was garnished with a whole raw string bean. Yum!
....whew!

nb

sf

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 15:26:23 -0500, notbob wrote:

> On 2005-07-07, sf > wrote:
>
> > used Snappy Tom because there was no such thing as a "hot" V-8... well

> > think I'll get the fixings soon.

> You might also consider hot vodka. Absolut Pepar is an infused vodka
> that will up the heat considerably. I first ran across it at a Cajun
> music festival when I ordered a Cajun Bloody Mary. It included
> Absolut Pepar, tomato juice, lemon juice, Tabasco, black pepper,
> Worcestershire, and was garnished with a whole raw string bean. Yum!
> ...whew!

What made it Cajun? The bean? Not too many years ago there was a
thread on make you own pepper vodka, which I did, and it was plenty
hot. Hmmm. Time to do it again! Thanks for the reminder.