Nancy Young

Default Redemption

I've been eating some bad food lately. As in, a handful
of Doritos for dinner. Long story. So, one night last
week, Ron came home with a jewish sloppy joe ...
sorta. It was corned beef with some of the *best*
pastrami I've ever had, russian dressing, coleslaw,
like that. I was in heaven, and I ate almost a whole
half (these are big sandwiches). Success, nancy ate solid
food!

Next night, the surprise of my life. A bucket of Kentucky
Fried Chicken! Original recipe! Yes, I know, I know.
But I do, indeed, have a soft spot in my heart for KFC.
Yes, the skin was quite salty, I didn't care. The meat was
quite good, I had a drumstick. I have to say, I wasn't wild
about the mashed potatoes and gravy. I did like the cole
slaw.

Considering how difficult it is to get KFC around here, you
can see he's on a mission to get me to eat.

Next night, he made fabulous marinated flank steak and
sliced it see through ... it was outrageous. I'll be darned if
I can remember what the sides were, but I remember they
were great, too.

Last night ... he saw some recipe on Lidia with her mother.
Very plain. He got a bee in his bonnet to make that. Chicken
pieces with potatoes and onions and bacon. How bad can it
be? Holy crow, was it good. The potatoes and onions, you
couldn't stay away from them. Super carmelized, out of this
world. Chicken was great, too.

I have to refrain from eating too heartily, I'll stop being spoiled
super rotten and going back to being just spoiled rotten. (laugh)

nancy

Damsel

Nancy Young wrote:

> I've been eating some bad food lately. As in, a handful
> of Doritos for dinner. Long story. So, one night last
> week, Ron came home with a jewish sloppy joe ...
> sorta. It was corned beef with some of the *best*
> pastrami I've ever had, russian dressing, coleslaw,
> like that. I was in heaven, and I ate almost a whole
> half (these are big sandwiches). Success, nancy ate solid
> food!
>
> Next night, the surprise of my life. A bucket of Kentucky
> Fried Chicken! Original recipe! Yes, I know, I know.
> But I do, indeed, have a soft spot in my heart for KFC.
> Yes, the skin was quite salty, I didn't care. The meat was
> quite good, I had a drumstick. I have to say, I wasn't wild
> about the mashed potatoes and gravy. I did like the cole
> slaw.
>
> Considering how difficult it is to get KFC around here, you
> can see he's on a mission to get me to eat.
>
> Next night, he made fabulous marinated flank steak and
> sliced it see through ... it was outrageous. I'll be darned if
> I can remember what the sides were, but I remember they
> were great, too.
>
> Last night ... he saw some recipe on Lidia with her mother.
> Very plain. He got a bee in his bonnet to make that. Chicken
> pieces with potatoes and onions and bacon. How bad can it
> be? Holy crow, was it good. The potatoes and onions, you
> couldn't stay away from them. Super carmelized, out of this
> world. Chicken was great, too.
>
> I have to refrain from eating too heartily, I'll stop being spoiled
> super rotten and going back to being just spoiled rotten. (laugh)

This is some of the best news I've heard all year! You've got a really
special guy there, Nancy. I'm so glad you're able to eat now.

Now this redemption part ... is Ron turning you in for cash and prizes?

Hooray for Nancy!
Carol

Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 04 Jul 2005 07:25:27a, Nancy Young wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> I've been eating some bad food lately. As in, a handful
> of Doritos for dinner. Long story. So, one night last
> week, Ron came home with a jewish sloppy joe ...
> sorta. It was corned beef with some of the *best*
> pastrami I've ever had, russian dressing, coleslaw,
> like that. I was in heaven, and I ate almost a whole
> half (these are big sandwiches). Success, nancy ate solid
> food!
>
> Next night, the surprise of my life. A bucket of Kentucky
> Fried Chicken! Original recipe! Yes, I know, I know.
> But I do, indeed, have a soft spot in my heart for KFC.
> Yes, the skin was quite salty, I didn't care. The meat was
> quite good, I had a drumstick. I have to say, I wasn't wild
> about the mashed potatoes and gravy. I did like the cole
> slaw.
>
> Considering how difficult it is to get KFC around here, you
> can see he's on a mission to get me to eat.
>
> Next night, he made fabulous marinated flank steak and
> sliced it see through ... it was outrageous. I'll be darned if
> I can remember what the sides were, but I remember they
> were great, too.
>
> Last night ... he saw some recipe on Lidia with her mother.
> Very plain. He got a bee in his bonnet to make that. Chicken
> pieces with potatoes and onions and bacon. How bad can it
> be? Holy crow, was it good. The potatoes and onions, you
> couldn't stay away from them. Super carmelized, out of this
> world. Chicken was great, too.
>
> I have to refrain from eating too heartily, I'll stop being spoiled
> super rotten and going back to being just spoiled rotten. (laugh)
>
> nancy

Glad to hear your taking some nourishment, Nancy. Good for you!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0526-4, 07/01/2005
Tested on: 7/4/2005 7:34:14 AM

Margaret Suran

Nancy Young wrote:
> I've been eating some bad food lately. As in, a handful
> of Doritos for dinner. Long story. So, one night last
> week, Ron came home with a jewish sloppy joe ...
> sorta. It was corned beef with some of the *best*
> pastrami I've ever had, russian dressing, coleslaw,
> like that. I was in heaven, and I ate almost a whole
> half (these are big sandwiches). Success, nancy ate solid
> food!
> Nancy

Nancy, what was/is wrong with you? I missed any posts that might have
told me, but instead eluded me. Please, fill me in and accept my best
wishes for a speedy recovery and for a Happy Fourth Of July.

Let us know what new surprises awaited you today. ) Hugs, M
Nancy Young

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Mon 04 Jul 2005 07:25:27a, Nancy Young wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> Next night, he made fabulous marinated flank steak and
>> sliced it see through ... it was outrageous. I'll be darned if
>> I can remember what the sides were, but I remember they
>> were great, too.
>>
>> Last night ... he saw some recipe on Lidia with her mother.
>> Very plain. He got a bee in his bonnet to make that. Chicken
>> pieces with potatoes and onions and bacon. How bad can it
>> be? Holy crow, was it good. The potatoes and onions, you
>> couldn't stay away from them. Super carmelized, out of this
>> world. Chicken was great, too.
>>
>> I have to refrain from eating too heartily, I'll stop being spoiled
>> super rotten and going back to being just spoiled rotten. (laugh)
>>
>> nancy

> Glad to hear your taking some nourishment, Nancy. Good for you!

Thank you. nancy (did I mention cherry jello with whipped cream?
heaven)

Nancy Young

"Margaret Suran" > wrote in message

> Nancy Young wrote:
>> I've been eating some bad food lately. As in, a handful
>> of Doritos for dinner. Long story.

> Nancy, what was/is wrong with you? I missed any posts that might have
> told me, but instead eluded me. Please, fill me in and accept my best
> wishes for a speedy recovery and for a Happy Fourth Of July.

(smile) Thank you. Actually, I'm much better, and starting to walk
around a lot more. I'm eating well, don't worry about me.

> Let us know what new surprises awaited you today. ) Hugs, M

(smile) Hugs right back atcha, darlin. Tomorrow, it's snow crab legs,
how about that?

nancy

Margaret Suran

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Margaret Suran" > wrote in message
>

>>Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>>>I've been eating some bad food lately. As in, a handful
>>>of Doritos for dinner. Long story.

>>Nancy, what was/is wrong with you? I missed any posts that might have
>>told me, but instead eluded me. Please, fill me in and accept my best
>>wishes for a speedy recovery and for a Happy Fourth Of July.

> (smile) Thank you. Actually, I'm much better, and starting to walk
> around a lot more. I'm eating well, don't worry about me.
>
>>Let us know what new surprises awaited you today. ) Hugs, M

> (smile) Hugs right back atcha, darlin. Tomorrow, it's snow crab legs,
> how about that?
>
> nancy

Nancy, you are asking for the impossible. For two reasons. I am
Jewish and you are my friends. All Jews worry and I would worry about
you even if I were an Idol Worshipper. )

Keep getting better and enjoy your food. It is good to be spoiled
rotten by someone who loves you!

Happy 4th!!! Love, Margaret
Becca

Nancy Young wrote:

> I have to refrain from eating too heartily, I'll stop being spoiled
> super rotten and going back to being just spoiled rotten. (laugh)

It sounds like Ron is quite a cook. Good, it will keep him out of
trouble. Keep eating.

Becca
AlleyGator

"Nancy Young" > wrote:

>"Margaret Suran" > wrote in message
>>

>> Nancy Young wrote:
>>> I've been eating some bad food lately. As in, a handful
>>> of Doritos for dinner. Long story.

>> Nancy, what was/is wrong with you? I missed any posts that might have
>> told me, but instead eluded me. Please, fill me in and accept my best
>> wishes for a speedy recovery and for a Happy Fourth Of July.

>(smile) Thank you. Actually, I'm much better, and starting to walk
>around a lot more. I'm eating well, don't worry about me.
>>
>> Let us know what new surprises awaited you today. ) Hugs, M

>(smile) Hugs right back atcha, darlin. Tomorrow, it's snow crab legs,
>how about that?
>
>nancy

Uh, actually, we can't help but worry when people are not feeling
well. Hope you're getting better.

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.
Ranee Mueller

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> Last night ... he saw some recipe on Lidia with her mother.
> Very plain. He got a bee in his bonnet to make that. Chicken
> pieces with potatoes and onions and bacon. How bad can it
> be? Holy crow, was it good. The potatoes and onions, you
> couldn't stay away from them. Super carmelized, out of this
> world. Chicken was great, too.

If it isn't too much trouble, could you pass on that recipe? It
sounds wonderful, and like something I could serve the galloping hordes
here very easily.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.