jillie

Default In defense of Sandra Lee

I have only seen Sandra Lee's program a couple times but just can't
understand how much time and effort so many of you spend making fun of
her..or worse.

You are all, obviously, watching her way more than those of us who
don't harbor such a profound dislike, hatred or jealousy of her.

I do grant that some of you are very clever with your writing, but so
much negative output gets irritating after a while.

Just my opinion.

jillie
Roseville, CA

sarah bennett

jillie wrote:
> I have only seen Sandra Lee's program a couple times but just can't
> understand how much time and effort so many of you spend making fun of
> her..or worse.
>
> You are all, obviously, watching her way more than those of us who
> don't harbor such a profound dislike, hatred or jealousy of her.
>
> I do grant that some of you are very clever with your writing, but so
> much negative output gets irritating after a while.
>
> Just my opinion.
>
> jillie
> Roseville, CA

yeah, real jealous of her ability to make food that makes snot
appealing. you know, its like a train wreck, or "when animals attack"

--

saerah

"It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

"I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
-König Prüß
skoonj

"jillie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have only seen Sandra Lee's program a couple times but just can't
> understand how much time and effort so many of you spend making fun of
> her..or worse.
>
> You are all, obviously, watching her way more than those of us who
> don't harbor such a profound dislike, hatred or jealousy of her.
>
> I do grant that some of you are very clever with your writing, but so
> much negative output gets irritating after a while.
>
> Just my opinion.
>
> jillie
> Roseville, CA

If Sandra Lee didn't do this show, someone else would. This is the
direction Food TV wants to go.

-T

Bob

Sarah Bennett wrote about Semi-Homemade:

> its like a train wreck, or "when animals attack"

Well, wouldn't you find it strange if people wrote frequent essays
critiquing train wrecks or animal attacks?

Bob

sarah bennett

Bob wrote:
> Sarah Bennett wrote about Semi-Homemade:
>

>>its like a train wreck, or "when animals attack"
>>

> Well, wouldn't you find it strange if people wrote frequent essays
> critiquing train wrecks or animal attacks?
>
> Bob

not really. maybe i'm weird. i don't find much surprising actually

--

saerah

"It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

"I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
-König Prüß

Margaret Suran

jillie wrote:
> I have only seen Sandra Lee's program a couple times but just can't
> understand how much time and effort so many of you spend making fun of
> her..or worse.
>
> You are all, obviously, watching her way more than those of us who
> don't harbor such a profound dislike, hatred or jealousy of her.
>
> I do grant that some of you are very clever with your writing, but so
> much negative output gets irritating after a while.
>
> Just my opinion.
>
> jillie
> Roseville, CA

I will have to look at the program. If Jillie believes that Sandra
Lee's program has some redeeming features, it cannot be all bad.

Have a great Fourth of July! I hope you and Frank will do something
special.
AlleyGator

"skoonj" > wrote:

>If Sandra Lee didn't do this show, someone else would. This is the
>direction Food TV wants to go.

Ding ding ding! The winnah! You're exactly right, there is
apparently a market for this, and all the other tripe they've resorted
to. They're not on the air as a public service <G> and dollars are
the goal. Besides, I think she's rather pleasant myself - although
I'd have to be seriously hungry to eat any of that stuff.

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.
nancree

jillie Jul 2, 9:20 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: "jillie" > - Find messages by this author
Date: 2 Jul 2005 18:20:41 -0700
Subject: In defense of Sandra Lee
original | Report Abuse

I have only seen Sandra Lee's program a couple times but just can't
understand how much time and effort so many of you spend making fun of
her..or worse.

You are all, obviously, watching her way more than those of us who
don't harbor such a profound dislike, hatred or jealousy of her.

I do grant that some of you are very clever with your writing, but so
much negative output gets irritating after a while.

Just my opinion.

jillie
Roseville, CA
----------------
I tend to agree with jillie. Their jealousy is showing. Maybe the
complainers tried to get a TV show and couldn't.

Nancree

pennyaline

Bob wrote:
> Sarah Bennett wrote about Semi-Homemade:
>
> > its like a train wreck, or "when animals attack"
> >

> Well, wouldn't you find it strange if people wrote frequent essays
> critiquing train wrecks or animal attacks?

No. I find it strage when a television series is devoted to demonstrating
how train wrecks and animal attacks can be adapted to pass as something
convenient and desirable.

aem

jillie wrote:
> I have only seen Sandra Lee's program a couple times but just can't
> understand how much time and effort so many of you spend making fun of
> her..or worse. [snip]

I watched part of a second show because I couldn't believe it could be
so bad twice in a row. When the second one showed her to be just as
ignorant and gross as the first, I turned it off. I don't see the
point in watching any more just to complain about it. -aem

Goomba38

nancree wrote:

----------------
> I tend to agree with jillie. Their jealousy is showing. Maybe the
> complainers tried to get a TV show and couldn't.
>
> Nancree

Oh gimme a break. Making fun of her is a lot like watching Mystery
Science Theater or Saturday Night Live. She isn't the Goddess you think,
and no one tried to get a TV show of their own. Some of her actions
*are* humorous. Are you perhaps missing your sense of humor this week?
Goomba
nancree

aem wrote, (sensibly)
"When the second one showed her to be just as
ignorant and gross as the first, I turned it off. I don't see the
point in watching any more just to complain about it. -aem "
Good, aem ! My point exactly!
This ongoing, relentless, badgering of one person seems sort of sick.
Nancree