widewoman

Default Where is a good place to order Vanilla

I've been trying to find the best place to order vanilla.. extract. I
had found a page that looked promising, but lost the bookmark when I
had to reformat my computer unexpectedly.

All I learned was to avoid most mexican vanilla because it may be
adulterated. I'm nearly homebound, so it's difficult for me to shop
locally. I could get some for 49˘ an ounce at the local food co-op,
if I could get there, and may get someone to go eventually, but I'd
like to know of any good sites to order from.

I'm not exactly wealthy and so free shipping are a plus ;-)
Thanks for any help you can offer!

Janice
jmcquown

widewoman wrote:
> I've been trying to find the best place to order vanilla.. extract. I
> had found a page that looked promising, but lost the bookmark when I
> had to reformat my computer unexpectedly.
>
> All I learned was to avoid most mexican vanilla because it may be
> adulterated. I'm nearly homebound, so it's difficult for me to shop
> locally. I could get some for 49˘ an ounce at the local food co-op,
> if I could get there, and may get someone to go eventually, but I'd
> like to know of any good sites to order from.
>
> I'm not exactly wealthy and so free shipping are a plus ;-)
> Thanks for any help you can offer!
>
> Janice

www.penzeys.com

Pure vanilla extract is not cheap.

Jill

Del Cecchi

jmcquown wrote:
> widewoman wrote:
>
>>I've been trying to find the best place to order vanilla.. extract. I
>>had found a page that looked promising, but lost the bookmark when I
>>had to reformat my computer unexpectedly.
>>
>>All I learned was to avoid most mexican vanilla because it may be
>>adulterated. I'm nearly homebound, so it's difficult for me to shop
>>locally. I could get some for 49˘ an ounce at the local food co-op,
>>if I could get there, and may get someone to go eventually, but I'd
>>like to know of any good sites to order from.
>>
>>I'm not exactly wealthy and so free shipping are a plus ;-)
>>Thanks for any help you can offer!
>>
>>Janice

> www.penzeys.com
>
> Pure vanilla extract is not cheap.
>
> Jill

Sam's club is down to 13.95 for a bottle, 16 oz. Shows on the web site
as 17.65, but I recall it being less at the store. Or maybe I was
hallucinating.

You might note that "Imitation Vanilla extract" works well for many
things. Even Cooks Illustrated found it so.

--
Del Cecchi
"This post is my own and doesn’t necessarily represent IBM’s positions,
Nexis

"widewoman" > wrote in message
> I've been trying to find the best place to order vanilla.. extract. I
> had found a page that looked promising, but lost the bookmark when I
> had to reformat my computer unexpectedly.
>
> All I learned was to avoid most mexican vanilla because it may be
> adulterated. I'm nearly homebound, so it's difficult for me to shop
> locally. I could get some for 49˘ an ounce at the local food co-op,
> if I could get there, and may get someone to go eventually, but I'd
> like to know of any good sites to order from.
>
> I'm not exactly wealthy and so free shipping are a plus ;-)
> Thanks for any help you can offer!
>
> Janice

Penzeys. Go to www.penzeys.com and order the double strength. It's not
cheap, but good vanilla never is, and it's stronger so you can get away with
using less without losing any flavor.

kimberly

jmcquown

Nexis wrote:
> "widewoman" > wrote in message
>> I've been trying to find the best place to order vanilla.. extract.
>> I had found a page that looked promising, but lost the bookmark when
>> had to reformat my computer unexpectedly.
>>
>> All I learned was to avoid most mexican vanilla because it may be
>> adulterated. I'm nearly homebound, so it's difficult for me to shop
>> locally. I could get some for 49˘ an ounce at the local food co-op,
>> if I could get there, and may get someone to go eventually, but I'd
>> like to know of any good sites to order from.
>>
>> I'm not exactly wealthy and so free shipping are a plus ;-)
>> Thanks for any help you can offer!
>>
>> Janice

> Penzeys. Go to www.penzeys.com and order the double strength. It's not
> cheap, but good vanilla never is, and it's stronger so you can get
> away with using less without losing any flavor.
>
> kimberly

I still can't believe I was given 2 vanilla beans for Christmas one year and
threw them away! Hey, I was in my 20's and stupid. Damn things are worth
their weight in gold

Jill

MOMPEAGRAM

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Nexis wrote:
>> "widewoman" > wrote in message
>>> I've been trying to find the best place to order vanilla.. extract.
>>> I had found a page that looked promising, but lost the bookmark when
>>> had to reformat my computer unexpectedly.
>>>
>>> All I learned was to avoid most mexican vanilla because it may be
>>> adulterated. I'm nearly homebound, so it's difficult for me to shop
>>> locally. I could get some for 49˘ an ounce at the local food co-op,
>>> if I could get there, and may get someone to go eventually, but I'd
>>> like to know of any good sites to order from.
>>>
>>> I'm not exactly wealthy and so free shipping are a plus ;-)
>>> Thanks for any help you can offer!
>>>
>>> Janice

>> Penzeys. Go to www.penzeys.com and order the double strength. It's not
>> cheap, but good vanilla never is, and it's stronger so you can get
>> away with using less without losing any flavor.
>>
>> kimberly

> I still can't believe I was given 2 vanilla beans for Christmas one year
> and
> threw them away! Hey, I was in my 20's and stupid. Damn things are worth
> their weight in gold
>
> Jill

I've been able to get some good prices on Ebay.

Terry Pulliam Burd

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 03:36:15 -0600, widewoman >
wrote:

>I've been trying to find the best place to order vanilla.. extract. I
>had found a page that looked promising, but lost the bookmark when I
>had to reformat my computer unexpectedly.
>
>All I learned was to avoid most mexican vanilla because it may be
>adulterated. I'm nearly homebound, so it's difficult for me to shop
>locally. I could get some for 49˘ an ounce at the local food co-op,
>if I could get there, and may get someone to go eventually, but I'd
>like to know of any good sites to order from.
>
>I'm not exactly wealthy and so free shipping are a plus ;-)
>Thanks for any help you can offer!

Why not make your own?

http://www.vanilla.com/showcase/docs...laextract.html

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd