Peter Aitken

Default Rec: Zucchini feta pancakes

Now that the season of many zucchini is upon us, here's a tasty and
different way to use them.

2 lb zucchini
1 medium onion, finely diced
1/2 lb feta cheese
2 eggs
1/2c all purpose flour
2 TB olive oil
black pepper
dash tabasco sauce

Wash and trim but do not peel the zucchini. Coarsely grate and toss in a
collander with 1 tsp salt. Let drain for about 30 min. A handful at a time,
wrap in a clean towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Transfer
to a bowl and add the onion. Put all other ingredients in a food processor
and zap to a smooth paste. Mix all together. Heat additional olive oil over
medium high heat in a non-stick skillet. Add mixture 1/3-1/2c at a time and
flatten into a 5 or 6 inch pancake. Cook, turning once, until browned and
crisp on both sides. Serve with sour cream.

--
Peter Aitken

jmcquown

Peter Aitken wrote:
> Now that the season of many zucchini is upon us, here's a tasty and
> different way to use them.
>
> 2 lb zucchini
> 1 medium onion, finely diced
> 1/2 lb feta cheese
> 2 eggs
> 1/2c all purpose flour
> 2 TB olive oil
> black pepper
> dash tabasco sauce
>
> Wash and trim but do not peel the zucchini. Coarsely grate and toss
> in a collander with 1 tsp salt. Let drain for about 30 min. A handful
> at a time, wrap in a clean towel and squeeze out as much liquid as
> possible. Transfer to a bowl and add the onion. Put all other
> ingredients in a food processor and zap to a smooth paste. Mix all
> together. Heat additional olive oil over medium high heat in a
> non-stick skillet. Add mixture 1/3-1/2c at a time and flatten into a
> 5 or 6 inch pancake. Cook, turning once, until browned and crisp on
> both sides. Serve with sour cream.

Oooh, thanks Peter! I have all the necessary ingredients (except sour
cream, which isn't important to me).

Jill