FoodBanter.com

-   -   Muffin recipe (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/63886-muffin-recipe.html)

Sarah 28-06-2005 07:56 PM

Muffin recipe

It's a long story, but I've lost my recipe for muffins that someone
posted a few months back. I was a basic recipe, that could be adapted
for sweet or savoury and wasn't too fluffy or spongy.
I've tried googling but can't find it.
Does anyone have the slightest idea what I'm on about and do you have a
basic muffin recipe?
Thanks
Sarah

cathyxyz 28-06-2005 08:30 PM

Sarah wrote:
> It's a long story, but I've lost my recipe for muffins that someone
> posted a few months back. I was a basic recipe, that could be adapted
> for sweet or savoury and wasn't too fluffy or spongy.
> I've tried googling but can't find it.
> Does anyone have the slightest idea what I'm on about and do you have a
> basic muffin recipe?
> Thanks
> Sarah

Muffins

1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 400 F. Grease bottoms only of about 12 medium muffin cups,
2 1/2 x 1 1/4 inches.

Beat egg stir in milk and oil. Stir in remaining ingredients all at once
just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fill muffin cups
about 3/4 full.

Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Immediately remove from pan.
About 1 dozen muffins.

HTH
Cathy

Sarah 29-06-2005 07:15 AM

"cathyxyz" > wrote in message
> Sarah wrote:
>> It's a long story, but I've lost my recipe for muffins that someone
>> posted a few months back. I was a basic recipe, that could be adapted
>> for sweet or savoury and wasn't too fluffy or spongy.
>> I've tried googling but can't find it.
>> Does anyone have the slightest idea what I'm on about and do you have a
>> basic muffin recipe?
>> Thanks
>> Sarah
>>

> Muffins
>
> 1 egg
> 3/4 cup milk
> 1/2 cup vegetable oil
> 2 cups all-purpose flour
> 1/3 cup sugar
> 3 teaspoons baking powder
> 1 teaspoon salt
>
> Heat oven to 400 F. Grease bottoms only of about 12 medium muffin cups, 2
> 1/2 x 1 1/4 inches.
>
> Beat egg stir in milk and oil. Stir in remaining ingredients all at once
> just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fill muffin cups
> about 3/4 full.
>
> Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Immediately remove from pan.
> About 1 dozen muffins.
>
> HTH
> Cathy

Thanks Cathy, they're a lot easier to make with a 3 year old than most
cakes!
Sarah