FoodBanter.com

-   -   Ginger Mango Sauce: was Help needed with a romantic dinner (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/6383-ginger-mango-sauce-help.html)

Dunter Powries 04-05-2004 02:58 PM

Ginger Mango Sauce: was Help needed with a romantic dinner

I usually make this sauce for grilled fish but once I have a batch made up
in the refrigerator I have to restrain myself from putting it on everything.

GINGER MANGO SAUCE
Makes about 2 cups

2 tablespoons butter
½ cup minced onion
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
2 cloves, pressed or minced
1 cup white wine
2 ripe mangoes, puréed
1 cup chicken broth
½ cup light cream or half-and-half

Sauté onion and ginger in the butter until onions are soft but not browned,
adding garlic toward the end. Add wine and cook until reduced to about ¼
cup. Stir in puréed mango, chicken broth and cream and cook over medium
heat until reduced by half. Salt and pepper to taste.

(adapted from James McNair)

Dunty Porteous

--
"It tastes like burning..... waaaaa!!!!"
-Ralph Wiggum