Default North Carolina Barbecue Site

Hi All,

FYI: I started a web site that is dedicated solely to North Carolina
Barbecue - www.ncbbq.com. While the

content is kind of sparse right now (I'm getting ready to start beefing
it up), the site contains articles (how

to cook a pig, etc), NC barbecue cook-offs, restaurants, caterers,
recipes, a store, and forums where people

can ask and answer questions.

I'd be very interested in hearing your comments and feedback on how I
can make it better (and I'm looking

for contributors!). My goal is to make this the one-stop place for
anything and everything related to NC BBQ.

Please feel free to email me or reply to this post. Thanks in advance!

- Donald

Donald Williamson
www.ncbbq.com - all about North Carolina Barbecue!

Peter Aitken

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi All,
>
> FYI: I started a web site that is dedicated solely to North Carolina
> Barbecue - www.ncbbq.com. While the
>
> content is kind of sparse right now (I'm getting ready to start beefing
> it up), the site contains articles (how

<snipped>

You are making a big mistake. I understand your eagerness to get your site
out there, but putting up an incomplete site will attract visitors who will
be turned off and never come back. Be patient and wait until the site is
bursting with interesting content before you start publicizing it. You'll be
glad in the long run.

--
Peter Aitken

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. Duly noted and appreciated and that's why you
haven't seen the site advertised on

the nightly news yet

Actually the site has been active for about 7 months now. I have been
adding all the 'basics', like

competitions and restaurants and have added a couple articles and
recipes.

While I will continue adding content, I'm hoping to have the community
help grow the site by adding valuable content and soliciting the
options and input from a wide range of individuals. As regular readers
and contributors of the news groups, I thought I would first solicit
and ask for your help as you are the active users that I am looking
for.

Again, I welcome your comments and thanks again Peter. It is
appreciated.

- Donald

I am turned off immediately by websites that appear to be wanting to
sell you something before giving you any information.

Having lived in North Carolina in the past, and attended MANY
pig-pickings, I LOVE the culture. I know you said that the site was not
completed and I know that you are trying, but as soon as I saw the
dollar signs my brain said... "Just trying to sell me something" and
moved on.

Make your products a separate page and keep your home page warm and
welcoming and designed to draw in your visitor before trying to sell
him something.

JMHO

chula

rmg

I love the article about the pig roast (pardon my vernacular I live on the
other coast) -- I think you should center your content around that somehow.
Just some feedback, but having the top highlight of your site be articles
under construction isn't a good lead-in, especially when the pig roast
article is so excellent.

I think people would read that and be easily-led to your other content
including the for-sale stuff.

The design looks good. good luck

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi All,
>
> FYI: I started a web site that is dedicated solely to North Carolina
> Barbecue - www.ncbbq.com. While the
>
> content is kind of sparse right now (I'm getting ready to start beefing
> it up), the site contains articles (how
>
> to cook a pig, etc), NC barbecue cook-offs, restaurants, caterers,
> recipes, a store, and forums where people
>
> can ask and answer questions.
>
> I'd be very interested in hearing your comments and feedback on how I
> can make it better (and I'm looking
>
> for contributors!). My goal is to make this the one-stop place for
> anything and everything related to NC BBQ.
>
> Please feel free to email me or reply to this post. Thanks in advance!
>
> - Donald
>
> Donald Williamson
> www.ncbbq.com - all about North Carolina Barbecue!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. It is appreciated! I will work on
redesigning the home page and remove the store content from the home
page as well. Give me about a week or two (my twin daughters keep me
pretty busy during the week).

And if anyone would like to contribute to the site, please do so!
Please keep the feedback coming.

- Donald

www.ncbbq.com - all about North Carolina Barbecue