SPOONS

Default Wanted: Catering Software???

Hi all,

I'm looking to start my own catering buisness and I'm looking for a catering
software to help me figure out prices etc. Do you know of any free
software?

thanks
SPOONS

George

SPOONS wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking to start my own catering buisness and I'm looking for a catering
> software to help me figure out prices etc. Do you know of any free
> software?
>
> thanks
> SPOONS

Just a pet peeve. I assume this won't be a charity catering business so
why would you expect a software developer to have a charity business?
sf

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 08:58:39 -0400, George wrote:

> SPOONS wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm looking to start my own catering buisness and I'm looking for a catering
> > software to help me figure out prices etc. Do you know of any free
> > software?
> >
> > thanks
> > SPOONS
> >

> Just a pet peeve. I assume this won't be a charity catering business so
> why would you expect a software developer to have a charity business?

Excel isn't free but it's included in a lot of software packages.

I-zheet M'drurz

All kinds of nits to pick here, nothing personal to anybody
involved -

>> > I'm looking to start my own catering buisness and I'm
>> > looking for a catering software to help me figure out prices
>> > etc. Do you know of any free software?

Red flag. There's a million people running around in this world
who believe that you get yourself a computer and then figure out
a business where you can use it. What you *need* for what you
want to do is a calculator and knowlege of the catering business.
OK, an Excel spreadsheet would help you plug in the numbers and
save information, but unless you already know Excel, you're in for
a bit of a learning project before you can do what you envision.
(more later)

>> Just a pet peeve. I assume this won't be a charity catering
>> business so why would you expect a software developer to have
>> a charity business?

Ohhhh, you're right to a certain extent, but there are probably
still a zillion free, downloadable, specialized "databases" that
are built by Visual Basic students/developers, bored Excel users,
etc. You know, things like a database to "run your dart league",
"mamage your Beanie Baby collection", etc. Maybe OP just needs
to do a little searching on twocows or cnet downloads or ???

> Excel isn't free but it's included in a lot of software
> packages.

Yes, and either you ar an Excel user or you're not. If OP was,
they would know that it's all right there, everything they need.
Set uo a sheet for every item they make that's basically an
ingredients list with cost/item/serving, some math to work in the
desired number of servings, a bottom line cost, some math to add
necessary profit margin, and there ya go - 'My stuffed mushrooms
are $33 for a tray of 50, Mrs Jones'.

Chances are pretty good that OP isn't already an Excel user.
He either needs to learn it or do all of that over and over again
every time they need to recalculate a dish,

If u are gonna say that I said something,
please say what I REALLY said. ($1 Earl)
sarah bennett

sf wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 08:58:39 -0400, George wrote:
>

>> SPOONS wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I'm looking to start my own catering buisness and I'm looking for a catering
>> > software to help me figure out prices etc. Do you know of any free
>> > software?
>> >
>> > thanks
>> > SPOONS
>> >

>> Just a pet peeve. I assume this won't be a charity catering business so
>> why would you expect a software developer to have a charity business?

> Excel isn't free but it's included in a lot of software packages.

open office *is* free though

http://www.openoffice.org/

--

saerah

"It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

"I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
-König Prüß

Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 25 Jun 2005 06:50:19a, SPOONS wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking to start my own catering buisness and I'm looking for a
> catering software to help me figure out prices etc. Do you know of any
> free software?
>
> thanks
> SPOONS

You should post your question on alt.comp.freeware. I'm sure if such a thing
exists, someone there will know about it.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0525-5, 06/25/2005
Tested on: 6/26/2005 12:18:47 PM

Frogleg

>> SPOONS wrote:

>> > I'm looking to start my own catering buisness and I'm looking for a catering
>> > software to help me figure out prices etc. Do you know of any free
>> > software?

Variations of this question show up in the gardening groups. I expect
the answer is the same -- no. Not for free, and and pay-for ones
aren't useful. There are too many variables involved. The usual advice
is to consult basic books on the subject, and to plan/keep track with
paper and pencil or generic spreadsheet.
Luis

Hi, My english is not good, sorry . I`m from Uruguay and i=E0m a
software developer and i have a software developer for a catering
business. If you `re intereted contact me to
or . If you speak spanish
is better for explain you. mi msn is

I really like that you contact me.

Luis