Doug Perkins

Default OT Hypocrites;

I suggest you people take a good look at some of the postings posted
by computer users.Our MSNTV looks damned good on our 36" LCD TV.We also
HAVE three computers in our home,my wife does medical transcription for
a medical facility.I recently paid over $500 for a Sony flat screen
monitor,you want me to wear it out on this crap?? Computer systems are
worth in excess of $9600.MSNTV is a mere $200 for the newest version,go
figure.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Doug Perkins" > wrote in message
> I suggest you people take a good look at some of the postings posted
> by computer users.Our MSNTV looks damned good on our 36" LCD TV.We also
> HAVE three computers in our home,my wife does medical transcription for
> a medical facility.I recently paid over $500 for a Sony flat screen
> monitor,you want me to wear it out on this crap?? Computer systems are
> worth in excess of $9600.MSNTV is a mere $200 for the newest version,go
> figure.

But no matter how much money you brag about, it does not prove you have any
common sense when it comes to posting. I don't see how posting on a
newsgroup is going to "wear out" your computer.

Oh, you forgot to tell us what kind of nifty car you drive too.

The Ranger

Doug Perkins > wrote in message
[snip WebTV drivel]

Please allow the door hit you on the way out... Preferably with your
pinhead set against the doorjamb. Close it multiple times so it does the
most good, too.

ObFood: PB&J sandwiches for dinner tonight. I'm still stuffed from an
Ay-Yem brunch and beach-walk. <sigh>

Life /can/ be fun when no chores are done on a weekend.

The Ranger

kilikini

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Doug Perkins" > wrote in message
> > I suggest you people take a good look at some of the postings posted
> > by computer users.Our MSNTV looks damned good on our 36" LCD TV.We also
> > HAVE three computers in our home,my wife does medical transcription for
> > a medical facility.I recently paid over $500 for a Sony flat screen
> > monitor,you want me to wear it out on this crap?? Computer systems are
> > worth in excess of $9600.MSNTV is a mere $200 for the newest version,go
> > figure.

> But no matter how much money you brag about, it does not prove you have

any
> common sense when it comes to posting. I don't see how posting on a
> newsgroup is going to "wear out" your computer.
>
> Oh, you forgot to tell us what kind of nifty car you drive too.

Hee hee hee! I like the car comment.

kili

Doug Perkins

.BYE

sf

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:02:07 -0400, Doug Perkins wrote:

> I suggest you people take a good look at some of the postings posted
> by computer users.Our MSNTV looks damned good on our 36" LCD TV.We also
> HAVE three computers in our home,my wife does medical transcription for
> a medical facility.I recently paid over $500 for a Sony flat screen
> monitor,you want me to wear it out on this crap?? Computer systems are
> worth in excess of $9600.MSNTV is a mere $200 for the newest version,go
> figure.

HUH? Try again when you're sober.
jacqui{JB}

"Doug Perkins" > wrote in message

> I suggest you people take a good look at some
> of the postings posted by computer users.Our
> MSNTV looks damned good on our 36" LCD
> TV.

But you don't *need* a 36" lcd tv to access Usenet.

> We also HAVE three computers in our home, my wife
> does medical transcription for a medical facility. I recently
> paid over $500 for a Sony flat screen monitor,you want
> me to wear it out on this crap?? Computer systems are
> worth in excess of $9600.

You don't need to spend that amount for an Internet-ready computer -- far
from it, actually.

> MSNTV is a mere $200 for the newest version, go figure.

And?

Your attitude aptly illustrates why folks here tend to be hostile toward
WebTVers -- thanks for that. Perhaps you missed my earlier post (and email,
btw, so that hopefully she learns something and will venture again into the
wilds of Usenet) to this week's WebTV newbie -- not everyone's first
reaction is to castigate the ignorant.

-j
AFK starting today; back on the 28th.

Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 19 Jun 2005 09:50:26p, jacqui{JB} wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Your attitude aptly illustrates why folks here tend to be hostile toward
> WebTVers -- thanks for that. Perhaps you missed my earlier post (and
> email, btw, so that hopefully she learns something and will venture
> again into the wilds of Usenet) to this week's WebTV newbie -- not
> everyone's first reaction is to castigate the ignorant.

But some are stupid. Stupid is forever, but ignorance can be fixed.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 06/18/2005
Tested on: 6/19/2005 10:12:58 PM

Nexis

"Doug Perkins" > wrote in message
> I suggest you people take a good look at some of the postings posted
> by computer users.Our MSNTV looks damned good on our 36" LCD TV.We also
> HAVE three computers in our home,my wife does medical transcription for
> a medical facility.I recently paid over $500 for a Sony flat screen
> monitor,you want me to wear it out on this crap?? Computer systems are
> worth in excess of $9600.MSNTV is a mere $200 for the newest version,go
> figure.

Gosh, Doug....don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya.

kimberly

sf

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:14:44 -0500, ravinwulf wrote:

> First, one of the weaknesses of webtv is that for whatever reason,
> users never seem to figure out to quote what they are responding to,
> which makes it quite difficult for others to figure out what they are
> talking about.

That's a built in fault with WebTV. Someone here a year or two ago
posted what they need to do and it's not as simple as "reply". Their
way of reading messages is bulletin board style which is why you tend
to see WebTV comments with no context for the rest of us.