FoodBanter.com

-   -   Teflon-Coated Tube Pan for Angelfood Cake? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/63169-teflon-coated-tube-pan.html)

Wayne Boatwright 19-06-2005 11:17 PM

Teflon-Coated Tube Pan for Angelfood Cake?

My regular aluminum tube pan is packed for moving and I only have a teflon-
coated tube pan available for baking. If it's scrupulously clean and oil
free (a la dishwasher) will it work for an angelfood cake?

TIA

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 06/18/2005
Tested on: 6/19/2005 3:13:41 PM

Melba's Jammin' 20-06-2005 05:45 PM

In article >, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

> My regular aluminum tube pan is packed for moving and I only have a
> teflon-
> coated tube pan available for baking. If it's scrupulously clean and oil
> free (a la dishwasher) will it work for an angelfood cake?
>
> TIA

Personally, I think it will. Even though it's non-stick, I'm betting
you can get enough stickage-via-baking to let the batter climb. It'll
probably be easy to clean. :-) And I'd be careful when inverting it to
hang to cool. Let us know.
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 6/17/05 Pictures & story
from Notable Women's Dinner at the Governor's Residence.

Wayne Boatwright 20-06-2005 06:24 PM

On Mon 20 Jun 2005 09:45:02a, Melba's Jammin' wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> In article >, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>> My regular aluminum tube pan is packed for moving and I only have a
>> teflon- coated tube pan available for baking. If it's scrupulously
>> clean and oil free (a la dishwasher) will it work for an angelfood
>> cake?
>>
>> TIA

> Personally, I think it will. Even though it's non-stick, I'm betting
> you can get enough stickage-via-baking to let the batter climb. It'll
> probably be easy to clean. :-) And I'd be careful when inverting it to
> hang to cool. Let us know.

Thanks, Barb. I'll give it a shot, either tonight or tomorrow night. I'm
using the recipe for chocolate angelfood cake from The Cake Bible. I'll
post back.

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974