Andy

Default Dumb waitress.

Went to IHOP for breakfast this morning.

Waitress" "Can I take your order?"
Andy: "Yes. I'll have the country fried steak and eggs."

Waitress: "How would you like your eggs?"
Andy: "Scrambled."

Waitress: "How would you like your steak?"
Andy: "Uhm... fried?"

Waitress: "Ok. One country fried steak fried with scrambled eggs."
Andy: "And it comes with a side of pancakes."

Breakfast arrives. No pancakes and my country fried steak is naked. I
asked where my country gravy was. She just looked at the plate and said
she'd ask the cook to make some.

I said "you know what? I'll just pay for the coffee."

That breakfast was cursed from "Can I take your order."

:\

Andy
kilikini

"Andy" <Q> wrote in message
.. .
> Went to IHOP for breakfast this morning.
>
> Waitress" "Can I take your order?"
> Andy: "Yes. I'll have the country fried steak and eggs."
>
> Waitress: "How would you like your eggs?"
> Andy: "Scrambled."
>
> Waitress: "How would you like your steak?"
> Andy: "Uhm... fried?"
>
> Waitress: "Ok. One country fried steak fried with scrambled eggs."
> Andy: "And it comes with a side of pancakes."
>
> Breakfast arrives. No pancakes and my country fried steak is naked. I
> asked where my country gravy was. She just looked at the plate and said
> she'd ask the cook to make some.
>
> I said "you know what? I'll just pay for the coffee."
>
> That breakfast was cursed from "Can I take your order."
>
> :\
>
> Andy

Figures. What planet was the waitress from?

kili

notbob

On 2005-06-19, Andy <Q> wrote:

> I said "you know what? I'll just pay for the coffee."

......and that cost almost $2!! INOT IHOP.

nb
Andy

"kilikini" > wrote in news:MQ4te.143663
:

> Figures. What planet was the waitress from?
>
> kili

kili,

I almost asked but my better judgment kicked in.

Andy
JimLane

kilikini wrote:

> Figures. What planet was the waitress from?
>
> kili

Venus, obviously. ;->

jim

kilikini

"JimLane" > wrote in message
> kilikini wrote:
>

> > Figures. What planet was the waitress from?
> >
> > kili
> >

> Venus, obviously. ;->
>

> jim

G R O A N...................... Sigh

kili <g>

Lisa Ann

Andy wrote:
>Breakfast arrives. No pancakes and my country fried steak is naked. I
>asked where my country gravy was. She just looked at the plate and said
>she'd ask the cook to make some.

For some reason, this part strikes me as funny...that she had to *look*
at the plate - like perhaps the gravy had materialized after you asked
where your gravy was.

Then again, what do you expect from a waitress that asks how you want
your country-friend steak done?

Lisa Ann

The Joneses

Andy wrote:

> Went to IHOP for breakfast this morning.
> Waitress" "Can I take your order?"
> Andy: "Yes. I'll have the country fried steak and eggs."
> Waitress: "How would you like your eggs?"
> Andy: "Scrambled."
> Waitress: "How would you like your steak?"
> Andy: "Uhm... fried?"
> Waitress: "Ok. One country fried steak fried with scrambled eggs."
> Andy: "And it comes with a side of pancakes."
> Breakfast arrives. No pancakes and my country fried steak is naked. I
> asked where my country gravy was. She just looked at the plate and said
> she'd ask the cook to make some.
> I said "you know what? I'll just pay for the coffee."

I'll never forget the time when DH ordered pigs in a blanket, the waitress
that asked if he wanted pancakes with that...I just figgered she was new.
Another time the genetic descendant asked what kind of soup they had - the
waitress said "Campbell's!"
Have to say many at our regular joint are hard working and attentive.
Edrena

Lisa Ann

Edrena wrote:
>Another time the genetic descendant asked what kind of soup they had - the
>waitress said "Campbell's!"

Which reminds me of the time I went out to dinner with my brother, his
wife and our folks...he ordered the "soup du jour", and when it
arrived, he informed the waitress that she'd brought him the wrong
soup...he'd *had* "soup du jour" before, and it's chicken!

I still can't believe we're related...

Lisa Ann

Andy

"Lisa Ann" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Andy wrote:
>>Breakfast arrives. No pancakes and my country fried steak is naked. I
>>asked where my country gravy was. She just looked at the plate and

said
>>she'd ask the cook to make some.

> For some reason, this part strikes me as funny...that she had to

*look*
> at the plate - like perhaps the gravy had materialized after you asked
> where your gravy was.
>
> Then again, what do you expect from a waitress that asks how you want
> your country-friend steak done?
>
> Lisa Ann

Lisa Ann,

In all fairness, she was a new, dumb waitress.

Andy

Andy

"Lisa Ann" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Edrena wrote:
>>Another time the genetic descendant asked what kind of soup they had -
>>the waitress said "Campbell's!"

> Which reminds me of the time I went out to dinner with my brother, his
> wife and our folks...he ordered the "soup du jour", and when it
> arrived, he informed the waitress that she'd brought him the wrong
> soup...he'd *had* "soup du jour" before, and it's chicken!
>
> I still can't believe we're related...
>
> Lisa Ann

Lisa Ann,

That's precious!!!
Sheldon

Lisa Ann wrote:
> Andy wrote:
> >Breakfast arrives. No pancakes and my country fried steak is naked. I
> >asked where my country gravy was. She just looked at the plate and said
> >she'd ask the cook to make some.

> For some reason, this part strikes me as funny...that she had to *look*
> at the plate - like perhaps the gravy had materialized after you asked
> where your gravy was.
>
> Then again, what do you expect from a waitress that asks how you want
> your country-friend steak done?

She's the waitress... this gravy thingie is an issue to address with
the manager... had she known to cook she'd not be busting her butt
waiting hand and foot on unappreciative boors. The waitress brought
exactly what was presented to her by the kitchen and served it, her
responsibility for what's on the plate stops there. Had little
Andy-Boy had decent breeding he'd get up off his butt and ask to speak
with management. Picking on the waitstaff for issues concerning the
food is just plain dumb and cowardly. Hey, they serve chicken fried
steak, that joint ain't listed in the Michelin directory... consider
yerself lucky to get clean silverware.

Sheldon

Lisa Ann

Andy wrote:
(snipping story of my brother)

>That's precious!!!

No, "precious" would have been one of his young *sons* saying that.
Embarrassing was having my 40 year old *brother* say it!

If anyone's ever up for it, I'll post the story about his business trip
to France. It starts out food-related...but then rapidly goes down
hill. (It was after he went to France that I started demanding DNA
tests.)

Lisa Ann

Sheldon

Andy wrote:

> In all fairness, she was a new, dumb waitress.

Anyone at, your literacy level, has no right, to call, anyone dumb.

Andy has a chicken brain, fried.

Sheldon

Sheldon

Andy wrote:
> "Lisa Ann" wrote:
> > Edrena wrote:
> >>Another time the genetic descendant asked what kind of soup they had -
> >>the waitress said "Campbell's!"

> > Which reminds me of the time I went out to dinner with my brother, his
> > wife and our folks...he ordered the "soup du jour", and when it
> > arrived, he informed the waitress that she'd brought him the wrong
> > soup...he'd *had* "soup du jour" before, and it's chicken!
> >
> > I still can't believe we're related...

> That's precious!!!

What's so precious about it, it was you to whom Lisa Ann couldn't
believe she's related.

Sheldon

Andy

"Lisa Ann" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Andy wrote:
> (snipping story of my brother)
>
>>That's precious!!!

> No, "precious" would have been one of his young *sons* saying that.
> Embarrassing was having my 40 year old *brother* say it!
>
> If anyone's ever up for it, I'll post the story about his business

trip
> to France. It starts out food-related...but then rapidly goes down
> hill. (It was after he went to France that I started demanding DNA
> tests.)
>
> Lisa Ann

Lisa Ann,

Do you have a sister "Elly May?"

Andy
Andy

"Sheldon" > wrote in news:1119153023.922779.110780
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> Lisa Ann wrote:
>> Andy wrote:
>> >Breakfast arrives. No pancakes and my country fried steak is naked.

>> >asked where my country gravy was. She just looked at the plate and

said
>> >she'd ask the cook to make some.

>> For some reason, this part strikes me as funny...that she had to

*look*
>> at the plate - like perhaps the gravy had materialized after you

asked
>> where your gravy was.
>>
>> Then again, what do you expect from a waitress that asks how you want
>> your country-friend steak done?

> She's the waitress... this gravy thingie is an issue to address with
> the manager... had she known to cook she'd not be busting her butt
> waiting hand and foot on unappreciative boors. The waitress brought
> exactly what was presented to her by the kitchen and served it, her
> responsibility for what's on the plate stops there. Had little
> Andy-Boy had decent breeding he'd get up off his butt and ask to speak
> with management. Picking on the waitstaff for issues concerning the
> food is just plain dumb and cowardly. Hey, they serve chicken fried
> steak, that joint ain't listed in the Michelin directory... consider
> yerself lucky to get clean silverware.
>
> Sheldon

Sheldon,

All I can say is you had to be there. No management staff was available
for the event. Not to mention that the waitress couldn't memorize the
picture menu with all the captions, substitutions, prices, etc.

Seriously, she was dumber than you.

Andy
Andy

"Sheldon" > wrote in news:1119153633.223185.231660
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> What's so precious about it, it was you to whom Lisa Ann couldn't
> believe she's related.

Now THAT'S funny!!!!!

Andy
Lisa Ann

Andy wrote:
>Do you have a sister "Elly May?"

No, but I do have cousins named Evelyn Sue, Bunnie Sue and Pennie Jo.
Oh, and my cousin Bubba.

We're from Indiana, which might explain some of that. <g>

Lisa Ann

Andy

"Lisa Ann" > wrote in news:1119154546.482612.9840
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Andy wrote:
>>Do you have a sister "Elly May?"

> No, but I do have cousins named Evelyn Sue, Bunnie Sue and Pennie Jo.
> Oh, and my cousin Bubba.
>
> We're from Indiana, which might explain some of that. <g>
>
> Lisa Ann

Lisa Ann,

Whew! I was kinda skirting the issue about yer brother.

You come from City or Country mouse stock?

Andy

--
"Ladies and gentlemen, The Beatles!"
- Ed Sullivan (1964)

Lisa Ann

Andy wrote:
>Whew! I was kinda skirting the issue about yer brother.

LOL

>You come from City or Country mouse stock?

Indianapolis. I just moved back here 4 years ago, after 23 years in
Chicago. I don't miss the traffic up there, but god do I miss the
food!

Lisa Ann

..

Andy

"Lisa Ann" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Indianapolis. I just moved back here 4 years ago, after 23 years in
> Chicago. I don't miss the traffic up there, but god do I miss the
> food!
>
> Lisa Ann

Lisa Ann,

With all that famouse Chicago cuisine, Chicago dogs and deep dish pizza,
do you miss the wind?

Andy
PA country mouse

--
"Ladies and gentlemen, The Beatles!"
- Ed Sullivan (1964)
sf

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 03:30:36 GMT, The Joneses wrote:

> Another time the genetic descendant asked what kind of soup they had - the
> waitress said "Campbell's!"

LOL! You can't say it wasn't full a disclosure.
sf

On 18 Jun 2005 21:15:46 -0700, Lisa Ann wrote:

> Andy wrote:
> >Do you have a sister "Elly May?"

> No, but I do have cousins named Evelyn Sue, Bunnie Sue and Pennie Jo.
> Oh, and my cousin Bubba.
>
> We're from Indiana, which might explain some of that. <g>

Southern Indiana, I hope.
sf

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:35:45 -0500, Andy wrote:

> "Lisa Ann" > wrote in
> ups.com:
>
> > Indianapolis. I just moved back here 4 years ago, after 23 years in
> > Chicago. I don't miss the traffic up there, but god do I miss the
> > food!
> >
> > Lisa Ann

> Lisa Ann,
>
> With all that famouse Chicago cuisine, Chicago dogs and deep dish pizza,
> do you miss the wind?

I bet she doesn't miss the storms coming off the Lake... especially
during the winter.

jmcquown

kilikini wrote:
> "Andy" <Q> wrote in message
> .. .
>> Went to IHOP for breakfast this morning.
>>
>> Waitress" "Can I take your order?"
>> Andy: "Yes. I'll have the country fried steak and eggs."
>>
>> Waitress: "How would you like your eggs?"
>> Andy: "Scrambled."
>>
>> Waitress: "How would you like your steak?"
>> Andy: "Uhm... fried?"
>>
>> Waitress: "Ok. One country fried steak fried with scrambled eggs."
>> Andy: "And it comes with a side of pancakes."
>>
>> Breakfast arrives. No pancakes and my country fried steak is naked. I
>> asked where my country gravy was. She just looked at the plate and
>> said she'd ask the cook to make some.
>>
>> I said "you know what? I'll just pay for the coffee."
>>
>> That breakfast was cursed from "Can I take your order."
>>
>> :\
>>
>> Andy

> Figures. What planet was the waitress from?
>
> kili

LOL! A customer at Perkins yesterday was sporting cotton-candy pink hair, a
nose ring, multiple pearcings on the ears and she must have been about 60.
Uh, you're a little too old for that look, sister

As for the IHOP experience, Andy... no! They aren't known for their great
service. Next time try Waffle House. (giggling)

Jill

jmcquown

Andy wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote in news:MQ4te.143663
> :
>
>> Figures. What planet was the waitress from?
>>
>> kili

> kili,
>
> I almost asked but my better judgment kicked in.
>
> Andy

A good question is, "What colour is the sky in your world?" They always
look UP as if to verify it, first! LOL

Jill

jmcquown

Andy wrote:
> "Lisa Ann" > wrote in
> ups.com:
>
>> Indianapolis. I just moved back here 4 years ago, after 23 years in
>> Chicago. I don't miss the traffic up there, but god do I miss the
>> food!
>>
>> Lisa Ann

> Lisa Ann,
>
> With all that famouse Chicago cuisine, Chicago dogs and deep dish
> pizza, do you miss the wind?

> Andy
> PA country mouse

You guys want to get a room or something?

jmcquown

Andy wrote:
> "Sheldon" > wrote in news:1119153023.922779.110780
> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
>

>> Lisa Ann wrote:
>>>
>>> For some reason, this part strikes me as funny...that she had to
>>> *look* at the plate - like perhaps the gravy had materialized after
>>> you asked where your gravy was.
>>>
>>> Then again, what do you expect from a waitress that asks how you
>>> want your country-friend steak done?

>> She's the waitress... this gravy thingie is an issue to address with
>> the manager... had she known to cook she'd not be busting her butt
>> waiting hand and foot on unappreciative boors. The waitress brought
>> exactly what was presented to her by the kitchen and served it, her
>> responsibility for what's on the plate stops there. Had little
>> Andy-Boy had decent breeding he'd get up off his butt and ask to
>> speak with management. Picking on the waitstaff for issues
>> concerning the food is just plain dumb and cowardly. Hey, they
>> serve chicken fried steak, that joint ain't listed in the Michelin
>> directory... consider yerself lucky to get clean silverware.
>>
>> Sheldon

> Sheldon,
>
> All I can say is you had to be there. No management staff was
> available for the event. Not to mention that the waitress couldn't
> memorize the picture menu with all the captions, substitutions,
> prices, etc.
>
> Seriously, she was dumber than you.
>
> Andy

Dumb and Dumber, Andy. Get a grip. There is *always* a manager on duty (or
assistant manager or what the heck, the lead fry cook) in any restaurant,
even down to the smallest Mom & Pop place.

Don't go blaming the waitress for what came out of the kitchen. Granted,
she probably should have noticed there was no gravy on your CFS but for all
she knew it was a special order to NOT top it with gravy. Have you ever
waited tables? Didn't think so. Try to keep all that shit straight while
listening to complaints or requests for something extra *every* time you
check on the table. Couldn't do like Sam Kineson suggested - we'll make ONE
TRIP! Hello, you didn't know I can bring you extra butter, extra sour
cream, more tea and refills of coffee all at the same time? One trip!

Jill

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 07:00:46 -0500, "jmcquown" > wrote:

>Dumb and Dumber, Andy. Get a grip. There is *always* a manager on duty (or
>assistant manager or what the heck, the lead fry cook) in any restaurant,
>even down to the smallest Mom & Pop place.
>
>Don't go blaming the waitress for what came out of the kitchen. Granted,
>she probably should have noticed there was no gravy on your CFS but for all
>she knew it was a special order to NOT top it with gravy. Have you ever
>waited tables? Didn't think so. Try to keep all that shit straight while
>listening to complaints or requests for something extra *every* time you
>check on the table. Couldn't do like Sam Kineson suggested - we'll make ONE
>TRIP! Hello, you didn't know I can bring you extra butter, extra sour
>cream, more tea and refills of coffee all at the same time? One trip!
>
>Jill

BUT.... those are exactly the things we hear,
whenever someone trots out the "15 to 20 percent tip" arguerment,

<rj>

jmcquown

<RJ> wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 07:00:46 -0500, "jmcquown"
> > wrote:
>

>> all that shit straight while listening to complaints or requests for
>> something extra *every* time you check on the table. Couldn't do
>> like Sam Kineson suggested - we'll make ONE TRIP! Hello, you didn't
>> know I can bring you extra butter, extra sour cream, more tea and
>> refills of coffee all at the same time? One trip!
>>
>> Jill
>>

> BUT.... those are exactly the things we hear,
> whenever someone trots out the "15 to 20 percent tip" arguerment,
>

> <rj>

And what's wrong with tipping people who run their ass off for you and who
aren't even paid minimum wage? If they are good at their job, they'll offer
you a smile and perhaps a joke or two when you're having a crappy day. Oh,
lest we forget, they get taxed based on your tips whether you tip or not.

Jill

The Ranger

jmcquown > wrote in message
news [snip]
> Don't go blaming the waitress for what came out of the kitchen.

Bullshit! A server should know EXACTLY what's coming out of the kitchen
and how it's presented _before_ it gets to the customer! If it isn't
prepared correctly, or presented in a manner that allows the customer to
miss the minor flaws, then they DESERVE every little grain of pain they
receive.

> Granted, she probably should have noticed

Not only "noticed" but caught the major flaw! She's not an automaton
(well, IHOP isn't known for its 3* Michelin rating but still) and even
the barest training makes sure there is a checklist against plating and
presentation. I'd BET you that there was even a diagram of where parsley
was placed in the station below the heat lamp-staging window.

> there was no gravy on your CFS but for all she knew it
> was a special order to NOT top it with gravy.

Nonsense! That's a crock of crap and you know it. Special orders in
particular a server remembers; even on the busiest of nights.

> Have you ever waited tables?

Yes; and I was a regional trainer at one point. Even the thickest blocks
of wood could figure out plate presentation, or remember what customers
ordered.

> Try to keep all that shit straight while listening to complaints
> or requests for something extra *every* time you check on
> the table.

If this is a problem, then the server has picked the wrong job. If you
can't provide even basic service, there are other jobs out there
(cashier at Wally World) that require less attention to detail. Serving
tables is EASY and rewarding (financially and spiritually) -- moreso
when someone enjoys it.

> Couldn't do like Sam Kineson suggested - we'll make ONE
> TRIP!

I now understand why you hate serving tables so much. You're too
inept...

The Ranger

kilikini

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> kilikini wrote:
> > "Andy" <Q> wrote in message
> > .. .
> >> Went to IHOP for breakfast this morning.

> LOL! A customer at Perkins yesterday was sporting cotton-candy pink hair,

> nose ring, multiple pearcings on the ears and she must have been about 60.
> Uh, you're a little too old for that look, sister
>
> As for the IHOP experience, Andy... no! They aren't known for their great
> service. Next time try Waffle House. (giggling)
>
> Jill

Jill! I ate at a Waffle House for the first time ever in Georgia! Allan
said I *must* try their hashbrowns. Well, I did, and I ended up in various
reststops the remaining 9 hour drive home. Not a pleasant or redo
experience, IMO. :~)

kili

Dee Randall

"kilikini" > wrote in message
news

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> kilikini wrote:
>> > "Andy" <Q> wrote in message
>> > .. .

>> LOL! A customer at Perkins yesterday was sporting cotton-candy pink
>> hair,

>> nose ring, multiple pearcings on the ears and she must have been about
>> 60.
>> Uh, you're a little too old for that look, sister
>>
>> As for the IHOP experience, Andy... no! They aren't known for their
>> great
>> service. Next time try Waffle House. (giggling)
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Jill! I ate at a Waffle House for the first time ever in Georgia! Allan
> said I *must* try their hashbrowns. Well, I did, and I ended up in
> various
> reststops the remaining 9 hour drive home. Not a pleasant or redo
> experience, IMO. :~)
>
> kili

Kili, I'm not sure what exactly you are saying, but I will add my two-cents'
worth. I've eaten at WaffleHouse two times in the last 15 years, both times
I got bad stomach cramps and the runs. It was too coincidental to ever try
again. But perhaps my stomach is too sensitive?
Dee

Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 19 Jun 2005 08:57:19a, Dee Randall wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "kilikini" > wrote in message
> news

>>> LOL! A customer at Perkins yesterday was sporting cotton-candy pink
>>> hair, a nose ring, multiple pearcings on the ears and she must have
>>> been about 60. Uh, you're a little too old for that look, sister
>>>
>>> As for the IHOP experience, Andy... no! They aren't known for their
>>> great service. Next time try Waffle House. (giggling)
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> Jill! I ate at a Waffle House for the first time ever in Georgia!
>> Allan said I *must* try their hashbrowns. Well, I did, and I ended up
>> in various reststops the remaining 9 hour drive home. Not a pleasant
>> or redo experience, IMO. :~)
>>
>> kili
>>

> Kili, I'm not sure what exactly you are saying, but I will add my
> two-cents' worth. I've eaten at WaffleHouse two times in the last 15
> years, both times I got bad stomach cramps and the runs. It was too
> coincidental to ever try again. But perhaps my stomach is too
> sensitive? Dee

I've never had that experience with Waffle House food, but who's to say.
If I do order hashbrowns, it's always with onions and I order them
"burned". I hate it when restaurants serve hashbrowns that look as though
they've never seen a griddle. I love their waffles (especially with
pecans), order them "well done", and I never order waffles at any othe
restaurant. I can't stand the big holes in Belgium waffles. Most other
restaurant waffles are dry like cardboard and have no richness.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 06/18/2005
Tested on: 6/19/2005 9:11:46 AM

The Ranger

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in message
==> Waffle House Dieting elided <==
> I've never had that experience with Waffle House food, but
> who's to say. If I do order hashbrowns, it's always with onions
> and I order them "burned". I hate it when restaurants serve
> hashbrowns that look as though they've never seen a griddle.
> I love their waffles (especially with pecans), order them
> "well done", and I never order waffles at any othe restaurant.
> I can't stand the big holes in Belgium waffles. Most other
> restaurant waffles are dry like cardboard and have no richness.

You go to the Waffle House and order everything burned? Why return if
the food's requiring that manner of special ordering? "Cheap" doesn't
often relate to frugal dining.

The Ranger

Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 19 Jun 2005 09:23:44a, The Ranger wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in message
> ==> Waffle House Dieting elided <==
>> I've never had that experience with Waffle House food, but
>> who's to say. If I do order hashbrowns, it's always with onions
>> and I order them "burned". I hate it when restaurants serve
>> hashbrowns that look as though they've never seen a griddle.
>> I love their waffles (especially with pecans), order them
>> "well done", and I never order waffles at any othe restaurant.
>> I can't stand the big holes in Belgium waffles. Most other restaurant
>> waffles are dry like cardboard and have no richness.

> You go to the Waffle House and order everything burned? Why return if
> the food's requiring that manner of special ordering? "Cheap" doesn't
> often relate to frugal dining.
>
> The Ranger

It's common at Waffle House to order the hashbrowns, bacon, waffles, etc.
to your desired degree of "burned". Lots of people do. I don't go because
it's cheap. I go because I like their waffles.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 06/18/2005
Tested on: 6/19/2005 9:23:15 AM

jmcquown

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sun 19 Jun 2005 08:57:19a, Dee Randall wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

>> "kilikini" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> Jill! I ate at a Waffle House for the first time ever in Georgia!
>>> Allan said I *must* try their hashbrowns. Well, I did, and I ended
>>> up in various reststops the remaining 9 hour drive home. Not a
>>> pleasant or redo experience, IMO. :~)
>>>
>>> kili
>>>

>> years, both times I got bad stomach cramps and the runs. It was too
>> coincidental to ever try again. But perhaps my stomach is too
>> sensitive? Dee

> If I do order hashbrowns, it's always with onions and I order
> them "burned". I hate it when restaurants serve hashbrowns that look
> as though they've never seen a griddle.

Ain't that the truth! Give me some golden browned and outside crispy hash
browns, pulleeeeze!

Jill

jmcquown

The Ranger wrote:
> jmcquown > wrote in message
> news > [snip]
>> Don't go blaming the waitress for what came out of the kitchen.

(snippage)
> I now understand why you hate serving tables so much. You're too
> inept...
>
> The Ranger

Oh dear. Well. Uh, yeah. Did I mention I used to go back in the walk-in
cooler and scream? It's not a job for just anyone. BTW, I'm not inept. I
do admit to not being able to handle a tray-jack. I can carry 5 plates
stacked up my left arm and my right holds the first plate to be served. Ask
me to carry a big tray, nope, no can do, unless, of course, it's full of
drinks

Jill