Wayne Boatwright

Default REC: (for all you beet lovers out there)

Someone at work clipped this from a magazine and passed it on to me, as
they know I really like beets. Tried it this weekend and it was delicious!

Roasted Beets, Fennel, and Parsnips
PREP: 20 MINUTES ROAST: 40 MINUTES
OVEN: 400° F

2 l6-oz. jars whole pickled beets, drained
3 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium fennel bulb, cut into thin wedges
2 Tbsp.olive oil
1 tsp. caraway seeds, crushed
1/4 tsp.salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 recipe Warm Caraway Vinaigrette Sea salt (optional)

Preheat oven to 400° F. Place beets in one side of a shallow roasting pan.
Place parsnips and fennel in opposite side of pan. Drizzle with olive oil.
Sprinkle with caraway seeds, ¼ teaspoon salt, and pepper. Stir to coat,
keeping beets separate from other vegetables. Roast in preheated oven 40 to
45 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender, stirring
once or twice. 2. Prepare Warm Caraway Vinaigrette. In a serving bowl, toss
roasted vegetables with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with sea salt. Serve
immediately. Makes 6 side-dish servings.

WARM CARAWAY VINAIGRETTE: In a saucepan, combine 2 tablespoons white wine
vinegar; 1 tablespoon olive oil; 1/2 teaspoon sugar; 1/4 teaspoon crushed
caraway seeds; 1 small clove garlic, minced; and a dash of freshly ground
black pepper. Bring to just boiling.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974