FoodBanter.com

-   -   Indoor grill? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/62920-indoor-grill.html)

Larry G 16-06-2005 08:24 AM

Indoor grill?

Does anyone recommend an indoor grill?

George Foreman? Stove-top? etc. Which do you find is the best, most
authentic?

Thanks in advance,
Larry

[email protected] 16-06-2005 12:12 PM

Larry G wrote:
> Does anyone recommend an indoor grill?
>
> George Foreman? Stove-top? etc. Which do you find is the best, most
> authentic?

Had a George but now got a stovetop. The George neve seemed to stay hot
enough. Once it was up to operating temperature it seemed to cool down
too much once the meat had been put on. The stove top can get really
super hot to sear the meat more effectively (and it was considerably
cheaper) A bonus with the stove top is it's ability to defrost meat
much quicker than usual (1hr or 2 for most frozen pork/chicken breasts
etc)

Doc

biig 16-06-2005 01:10 PM

wrote:

> Larry G wrote:
> > Does anyone recommend an indoor grill?
> >
> > George Foreman? Stove-top? etc. Which do you find is the best, most
> > authentic?

> Had a George but now got a stovetop. The George neve seemed to stay hot
> enough. Once it was up to operating temperature it seemed to cool down
> too much once the meat had been put on. The stove top can get really
> super hot to sear the meat more effectively (and it was considerably
> cheaper) A bonus with the stove top is it's ability to defrost meat
> much quicker than usual (1hr or 2 for most frozen pork/chicken breasts
> etc)
>
> Doc

I have the large Hamilton Beach with the removable grill surfaces.
The only thing I don't like is that mine doesn't have a flexible hinge.
The forman does, and I think they now have a model that has removeable
grills. I cooked kabobs the other night, and while it did a good job,
it kind of flattened the ones nearest the hinge. But I like the grease
tray, as it doesn't over flow or get knocked about since it's basically
a drawer in the end and part of the unit....hth....Sharon

sf 16-06-2005 04:41 PM

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:24:51 -0700, Larry G wrote:

> Does anyone recommend an indoor grill?
>
> George Foreman? Stove-top? etc. Which do you find is the best, most
> authentic?

Mine is built into my stovetop and mimics outdoor grilling pretty
well.

Frogleg 19-06-2005 12:12 PM

wrote:

>Does anyone recommend an indoor grill?
>
>George Foreman? Stove-top? etc. Which do you find is the best, most
>authentic?

Wouldn't the most authentic be a pile of rocks in a firepit in the
livingroom floor?

Larry G 19-06-2005 12:19 PM

"Frogleg" > wrote in message ...
> Wouldn't the most authentic be a pile of rocks in a firepit in the
> livingroom floor?

Funny, real cute. Yes, but since I can't do that, but brands of indoor
grills have the most authentic taste. But of course you knew that.

I'm rooting for you in the "who can be the biggest ass contest" by the way.
::rolls eyes::

Larry

day dreamer@dream .com@ 19-06-2005 12:22 PM

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:12:36 GMT, Frogleg > wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:24:51 -0700, "Larry G" >
>wrote:
>
>>Does anyone recommend an indoor grill?
>>
>>George Foreman? Stove-top? etc. Which do you find is the best, most
>>authentic?

>Wouldn't the most authentic be a pile of rocks in a firepit in the
>livingroom floor?

Hey, I thought I was the only one that did that. Well I guess the
secrete is out now :) You should see me roast a pig in there, boy is
that a bugger boo. And yeash the smoke alarms, don't get me started
D!OH.