gopuppygo

Default mince meat recipes (not fruit mince)

What's your favourite recipe to dish minced beef/lamb/pork up to the
family? I do a great hamburger, and spag bol, but I'd really like some
new and tasty ideas. And no, I don't want to buy a "Great Ideas With
Mince" book from the newsagent.
The Puppy.

jmcquown

gopuppygo wrote:
> What's your favourite recipe to dish minced beef/lamb/pork up to the
> family? I do a great hamburger, and spag bol, but I'd really like
> some new and tasty ideas. And no, I don't want to buy a "Great Ideas
> With Mince" book from the newsagent.
> The Puppy.

Very simple. Take 1 lb. minced beef seasoned with salt & pepper and brown
it in a skillet with a little minced onion. Drain off almost all the fat,
reserving about 1 Tablespoonful. Stir in 1 cup of water and 1 Tbs.
Worcestershire sauce. Cover and simmer this mixture about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, make (or heat leftover) mashed potatoes. Spoon the minced beef
with the "clear" gravy over hot mashed potatoes. Serve with fresh steamed
green peas on the side, or, some folks like to mix the peas with the tattie
and mince mixture. This is a Scottish dish.

You might also like to make a cottage pie in a baking dish using browned
minced beef, carrots, pearl onions, green peas in a well-seasoned gravy
topped with leftover mashed potatoes and baked until the "pie" is bubbly and
the potato topping is browned nicely on top.

Jill

REC: Fruit Mince slice PeterL[_17_] General Cooking 0 10-12-2009 02:23 AM
suet alternative in fruit mince Linda General Cooking 33 01-12-2007 01:11 AM
mince meat in bread Jen General Cooking 27 12-01-2006 12:44 AM
Mince Meat Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 27-11-2004 05:17 AM
Some incredibly stupid questions about mince meat. MEow General Cooking 9 03-04-2004 12:01 PM