John Gaughan

Default Iron Chef

Woohoo! Go Flay!

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

Saerah

John Gaughan wrote in message >...
>Woohoo! Go Flay!
>
>--
>John Gaughan
>http://www.johngaughan.net/

i dont know what it is, but that guy ****es me off. nice looking food,
though

--
Saerah

TANSTAAFL

that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it
had an underlying truth."

"Strange women lying in ponds distributing
swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive
power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some
farcical aquatic ceremony."

Levelwave©

BubbaBob wrote:

> I know what it is, and he ****es me off.

Yep... He has pointy nipples...

~john

--
"Black holes are where God divided by Zero." - Steven Wright
SportKite1

>From: John Gaughan

>Woohoo! Go Flay!

What was the "ingredient"?

Ellen

Saerah

SportKite1 wrote in message
>>From: John Gaughan

>>Woohoo! Go Flay!

>What was the "ingredient"?
>
>Ellen

trout. they were live in a tank, and they had to catch them with nets

--
Saerah

TANSTAAFL

that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it
had an underlying truth."

"Strange women lying in ponds distributing
swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive
power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some
farcical aquatic ceremony."

Tesoro

"SportKite1" > wrote in message
> >From: John Gaughan

> >Woohoo! Go Flay!

Flay is a moron...

Tesoro

"Dog3" <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in message
4...
> "Saerah" > seeing her/his name in stars wrote
> :
>

> > John Gaughan wrote in message >...
> >>Woohoo! Go Flay!
> >>
> >>--
> >>John Gaughan
> >>http://www.johngaughan.net/
>

> > i dont know what it is, but that guy ****es me off. nice looking food,
> > though
> >
> > --
> > Saerah
> >

> I agree. He irritates the hell out of me. And quite frankly, I'm sick and
> tired of Iron Chef and Emeril dominating the airtime on the channel. I've
> already sent my bitch email to them.
>
> Michael

Ahh, I find the same things irritating! Mario used to bother me but I've
realized he's more of a real chef that Emeril is any day. Sarah Molton is
another one, how the hell did she become an executive chef or otherwise of
any magazine?

Tesoro

"SportKite1" > wrote in message
> >From: "Tesoro"

> >Flay is a moron...

> Ya think it's possible for you to attribute correctly? Sheesh...some

people's
> children!
>
> Ellen

Whats your rag Ellen?

BOB

Tesoro wrote:
> "SportKite1" > wrote in message
>>> From: "Tesoro"

>>> Flay is a moron...

>> Ya think it's possible for you to attribute correctly? Sheesh...some people's
>> children!
>>
>> Ellen

> Whats your rag Ellen?

You attribution...It implied that Ellen, aks "SportKite1" typed a message that
she did *not* type.

BOB

Saerah

Scott wrote in message ...
>In article >,
> "Saerah" > wrote:
>
>> trout. they were live in a tank, and they had to catch them with nets

>The raw trout ice cream... I just don't know.

hehe, that actually sounded interesting to me
--
Saerah

TANSTAAFL

that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it
had an underlying truth."

"Strange women lying in ponds distributing
swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive
power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some
farcical aquatic ceremony."

>--
>to respond, change "spamless.invalid" with "optonline.net"
>please mail OT responses only

John Gaughan

John Gaughan wrote:
> Woohoo! Go Flay!

For the record I wanted Flay to win because he is American. I am not
racist, I like Japanese people, I just think that an American should win
"Iron Chef 'America'" ;-)

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

Paul M. Cook©®

"Dog3" <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in message
4...
> Roy Batty > seeing her/his name in stars wrote
> :
>
> > Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:
> >
> >>And quite frankly, I'm sick and
> >>tired of Iron Chef and Emeril dominating the airtime on the channel.

> > Iron Chef is on 1 or 2 nights a week, hardly what I'd call dominating

the
> > channel.
> >

> It has been on every night this week. Some type of Marathon and yes, it

is
> dominating the time slots I usually watch. When it is not on, Emeril is

on.

Well just how many candy shows can you watch anyway? Without a doubt those
gawd awful candy shows predominate most of the FoodTV lineup.

Paul

SportKite1

>From: "Brian Rodenborn"

>Not me, I like Flay.

In spite of the warnings, I thought Bobby did a good job. His presentation was
rustica to be sure, but given the choice of dining on his offerings or Sakai's,
I would have chosen Flay's.

Other than the fact that he was out of his element, clumsy, in the IC kitchen,
he pulled off some yummy dishes I would have no problem ordering in a
restaurant.

I can't say the same for Sakai.

Ellen

SportKite1

>From: Dog3

>ROFLMAO... Iron Thriller Chef

STOP IT, I"m trying to focus on foodie prep, not woodies!

Ellen

SportKite1

>From: "Tesoro"

>Mario used to bother me but I've
>realized he's more of a real chef that Emeril is any day

Yippeee, Yahooo, Yippeee...another convert.

>Sarah Molton is
>another one, how the hell did she become an executive chef or otherwise of
>any magazine?

Her show is such a snore deserving of a MadTV vignette (sic)

Ellen

Goomba38

John Gaughan wrote:

> John Gaughan wrote:
> > Woohoo! Go Flay!

> For the record I wanted Flay to win because he is American. I am not
> racist, I like Japanese people, I just think that an American should win
> "Iron Chef 'America'" ;-)

OH geeez.. why have a competition if one "should" win because he is on the
home team? Why bother?
I started out thinking Flay was in trouble, but his dishes ended up being
more appealing to me, but that might have just been that they're more
"recognizable" to me than the Japanese style food?
Goomba

SportKite1

>From: John Gaughan

>For the record I wanted Flay to win because he is American. I am not
>racist, I like Japanese people, I just think that an American should win
>"Iron Chef 'America'" ;-)

Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell.

In any case, after reading how the three Japanese kids who were kidnapped in
Iraq, were treated on their return in Japan....I'm not changing my mind about
taste and texture vs presentation.

You will have to figure out what that means....cuz I've had three really strong
fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and vodka on the rocks.

Ellen *hic*

John Gaughan

SportKite1 wrote:
> STOP IT, I"m trying to focus on foodie prep, not woodies!

Sex and food go together well... unless young boys are involved... shame
on you MJ!!!!!!!

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

John Gaughan

SportKite1 wrote:
> I can't say the same for Sakai.

The whole time I kept thinking... what if the chef stadium had a third
arena, and I was the cook... damn, they would both beat the pants off me
and make me feel like Sheldon at the Never Never Ranch :-)

Both chefs' dishes looked exquiset and delicious, better than I could
do, even the trout ice cream. Flay's were better in my opinion, but both
looked very nice.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

John Gaughan

notbob wrote:
> Bobby advocates boiling ribs. ...nuff said.

Oh ****ing shit... another damn caveman :-(

I did not know that, but he is the "southwest chef," and I love that
cuisine, so I can forgive him.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

John Gaughan

Goomba38 wrote:
> OH geeez.. why have a competition if one "should" win because he is
> on the home team? Why bother?

Have you ever seen a baseball or football game at the stadium? Did you
root for the home team even if they sucked?

I watched one of the Cleveland Indians' first home games after they got
decent players and went to the Series. I rooted for them, despite their
loss. Why? Because I am from Cleveland, and no matter how bad a
Cleveland team sucks, I stick with them. Only Tigers and Bengals fans
come close to that dedication.

Anyway, I root for the American chef because he is on *my* team.

> I started out thinking Flay was in trouble, but his dishes ended up
> being more appealing to me, but that might have just been that
> they're more "recognizable" to me than the Japanese style food?

I think both chefs had nice dishes, see my previous post, but Flay's
were slightly better (objectively).

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

John Gaughan

SportKite1 wrote:
> Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell.

No.

> In any case, after reading how the three Japanese kids who were
> kidnapped in Iraq, were treated on their return in Japan....I'm not
> changing my mind about taste and texture vs presentation.

I really do like Japanese people. Despite Pearl Harbor, I have nothing
but love for them. I hear about bad things happening to foreign allies
in Iraq, including Japan, and it does make me sad. **** politics, these
are real people with real families and real feelings. I have nothing but
respect for them, their countries, and their families.

> You will have to figure out what that means....cuz I've had three
> really strong fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and vodka on the rocks.

Share, baby, share! I take it the vodka was more freshly squeezed than
the grapefruit ;-)

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

SportKite1

>From: John Gaughan

>I hear about bad things happening to foreign allies
>in Iraq, including Japan, and it does make me sad. **** politics,

Dude, these were young kids...doing thesis on helping street children and
researching the effects of depleted uranium on humans. They were kidnapped and
their countrymen said they deserved it.The Japanese government is charging them
for the airfare to rescue them. Ya see, Japan has a honor system and these kids
broke it.

Ellen

Brian Rodenborn

SportKite1 > wrote in message

> As for Bobby Flay, I have enjoyed Food Nation many times. In fact they are
> quite memorable.

I'm with you. I think most people who rail on Flay remember either that
awful show with Jacqui Maloof or the appearances on the original Iron Chef
and Morimoto's whinging about cutting boards.

I like Boy Meets Grill, he does a good job of presenting food you can cook
reasonably outside.

Brian Rodenborn

Brian Rodenborn

notbob > wrote in message

> Bobby advocates boiling ribs. ...nuff said.

What show was that? I don't recall it.

Brian Rodenborn

smithfarms pure kona

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:18:05 GMT, Scott >
wrote:

>In article >,
> "Saerah" > wrote:
>
>> trout. they were live in a tank, and they had to catch them with

nets

>The raw trout ice cream... I just don't know.

Agreed Scott. Over the edge.

aloha,
Thunder

http://www.smithfarms.com
Farmers & Sellers of 100%
Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"SportKite1" > wrote in message
> >From: John Gaughan

> >For the record I wanted Flay to win because he is American. I am not
> >racist,

Maybe not, but you're definitely prejudiced ;-).

>>I like Japanese people, I just think that an American should win
> >"Iron Chef 'America'" ;-)

> In any case, after reading how the three Japanese kids who were kidnapped

in
> Iraq, were treated on their return in Japan....I'm not changing my mind

about
> taste and texture vs presentation.

How were they treated and why does it matter? I live in Japan and I
heard/read nothing out of the ordinary about their treatment. And only one
of them could really be considered a "kid" (he was 18). The others were in
their thirties, I believe (at least the woman was, the photographer I'm not
sure but he was at least late 20s). That's just the first group--I'm not
sure of the ages of the second group of two kidnapees. I thought
mid-twenties at the youngest. Of course, depending on how hold you are,
they could still be considered "kids" :-).

> You will have to figure out what that means....cuz I've had three really

strong
> fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and vodka on the rocks.
>
> Ellen *hic*

I've always imagined that I should like grapefruit juice. Whenever I have
it, though, I decided I don't. I have been making some nice strawberry
daiquiris, though (don't let Kay Hartman know). I like them. I'm thinking
of trying blueberry daiquiris next.

The other day I was at a bar and the bartender mixed grapefruit juice and
cassis right in front of my eyes. It looked beautiful! I love cassis, but
the grapefruit juice...I stuck with Kir.

rona
--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and they will
**** upon your computer."

No One

He runs macho into the ground and is extremely obnoxious. That's what is
probably ****ing you off.

"Saerah" > wrote in message

> John Gaughan wrote in message >...
> >Woohoo! Go Flay!
> >
> >--
> >John Gaughan
> >http://www.johngaughan.net/
>

> i dont know what it is, but that guy ****es me off. nice looking food,
> though
>
> --
> Saerah
>
> TANSTAAFL

enigma
> that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it
> had an underlying truth."
>
> "Strange women lying in ponds distributing
> swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive
> power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some
> farcical aquatic ceremony."

No One

Both shows run along ethnic lines. If the competition was held in Japan,
Sakai would have won. Both shows should have a person on the panel of the
same ethnic origins as the chef to balance preferred tastes. I though both
did an excellent job and would not have been able to pick one over the
other. I'd eat both presentations with great gusto.

From what I've seen Japanese don't appreciate the bold of American cuisine
and Americans don't appreciate the subtly of the japanese cuisine. It was
evident again in the second one last night between Mario and the other guy.
It's taste that losing the battle for the Japanese dudes. Too subtle for
the all American panel's taste.
"SportKite1" > wrote in message
> >From: "Brian Rodenborn"

> >Not me, I like Flay.

> In spite of the warnings, I thought Bobby did a good job. His presentation

was
> rustica to be sure, but given the choice of dining on his offerings or

Sakai's,
> I would have chosen Flay's.
>
> Other than the fact that he was out of his element, clumsy, in the IC

kitchen,
> he pulled off some yummy dishes I would have no problem ordering in a
> restaurant.
>
> I can't say the same for Sakai.
>
> Ellen

Brian Rodenborn

Steve Ritter > wrote in message

> > Not me, I like Flay.

> That's cool. What exactly do you like about him? Because for the life of
> me I cannot come up with anything good to say about him.

On FoodNation, he's knowledgable and respectful of the disparate cuisines he
samples, be they fancy restaurants or people's home kitchens.

In Boy Meets Grill he demonstrates considerable skill and imagination in
presenting complete meals prepared outdoors. Man those fish tacos looked
great.

He's boinking Stephanie March.

Brian Rodenborn

Scott

In article >,
smithfarms pure kona > wrote:

> Agreed Scott. Over the edge.

I wonder if the trout ice cream cost him the competition. I don't know
how much of this was creative editing, but the judges looked rather
hesitant about trying it. Then, the reactions were ... muted, at best.
One guys said "It's really subtle... but you can taste the trout in the
ice cream. Sakai offered another judge some more, and the reaction
seemed less than eager. The judge said "this is what we call extreme
cuisine."

The final score in the taste category: Sakai--24, Flay--27 (out of 30
total). Admittedly, coming up with a dessert recipe using trout is
tricky, but I wonder if it would have been best not to try.

please mail OT responses only
Brian Rodenborn

Crooks Bolson > wrote in message

> Flay is about as homo as anyone can get.

What if he was? Are you one of those homophobes that thinks something wrong
with being homosexual?

Besides, I think Stephanie March probably disagrees.

Sounds to me like you are an all-around idiot, with little of either wit or
substance to say.

Brian Rodenborn

John Gaughan

Crooks Bolson wrote:
> Fags shouldn't be allowed on prime-time TV. Save it for the
> pay-cable channels late at night where parents can institute some
> parental control options.

This already happens. I have about 10 porn pay per view channels, and
some of them have *** stuff. If my son were old enough to grab the
remote and switch channels, he would not be able to access these
channels because he does not have the password.

As for gays not having sex, how is that different from straights not
having sex? What does it matter if a chef is *** or not?

> Yeah - *** guys never try and cover up their afflictions.

"Afflictions?" What afflictions?

> Lemme guess - You ***?

Lemme guess -- you are stupid and have the arguing skills of a child?

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

John Gaughan

Crooks Bolson wrote:
> Flay is about as homo as anyone can get.

Maybe he is, maybe he is not. I do know from experience that the food
industry (the cooks and chefs) is full of *** people and they do
excellent work. I have worked with many gays in front of a hot stove and
would do so again if I were still cooking professionally. They tend to
be very skilled and have an awesome sense of humor. You have not lived
until you are stuck between a *** and a ******* and they tell homo jokes
back and forth all day :-)

--
John Gaughan