FoodBanter.com

-   -   Vinyl Tablecloths? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/61221-re-vinyl-tablecloths.html)

Martha 01-06-2005 01:45 PM

Vinyl Tablecloths?

I've ordered several vinyl tablecloth oilcloths from
ClaudiaClaudine.com and I've been very happy with them. Those oilcloths
get a lot of compliments. They look really nice in the home, and
they're strong enough to use for outdoor picnics and things like that.
Vinyl cloths I've gotten from Wal Mart, Target, etc. have always
disappointed me.

-L. 01-06-2005 04:02 PM

Martha wrote:
> I've ordered several vinyl tablecloth oilcloths from
> ClaudiaClaudine.com and I've been very happy with them. Those oilcloths
> get a lot of compliments. They look really nice in the home, and
> they're strong enough to use for outdoor picnics and things like that.
> Vinyl cloths I've gotten from Wal Mart, Target, etc. have always
> disappointed me.

Piggybacking

I don't have an exact source but I do have a suggestion: I use a vinyl
tablecloth underneath my cloth tablecloths on my hardwood dining table.
It's much less expensive than a table pad and essentially works the
same way for everyday use. I also still use heat protectors for dishes
though.

Most of the "heavier duty" vinyl ones I have found were from Rite Aid
pharmacy, but that was 5 years ago or so - and they were more
"expensive" - like $7.99 vs. $1.99 for the cheapies.

-L.

Melba's Jammin' 01-06-2005 04:51 PM

In article . com>,
"-L." > wrote:
> Piggybacking
>
> I don't have an exact source but I do have a suggestion: I use a vinyl
> tablecloth underneath my cloth tablecloths on my hardwood dining table.
> It's much less expensive than a table pad and essentially works the
> same way for everyday use. I also still use heat protectors for dishes
> though.
>
> Most of the "heavier duty" vinyl ones I have found were from Rite Aid
> pharmacy, but that was 5 years ago or so - and they were more
> "expensive" - like $7.99 vs. $1.99 for the cheapies.

Fabric stores have flannel-backed vinyl. Generally limited patterns,
though. Cut your own to size.
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 5/8/05.
"Are we going to measure, or are we going to cook?" -Food Critic Mimi Sheraton

Sheldon 01-06-2005 05:19 PM

Martha wrote:
> I've ordered several vinyl tablecloth oilcloths from
> ClaudiaClaudine.com and I've been very happy with them. Those oilcloths
> get a lot of compliments. They look really nice in the home, and
> they're strong enough to use for outdoor picnics and things like that.
> Vinyl cloths I've gotten from Wal Mart, Target, etc. have always
> disappointed me.

Nice ones at amazon.com: http://tinyurl.com/d4x52

Sheldon

[email protected] 01-06-2005 05:53 PM

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "-L." > wrote:
> > Piggybacking
> >
> > I don't have an exact source but I do have a suggestion: I use a vinyl
> > tablecloth underneath my cloth tablecloths on my hardwood dining table.
> > It's much less expensive than a table pad and essentially works the
> > same way for everyday use. I also still use heat protectors for dishes
> > though.
> >
> > Most of the "heavier duty" vinyl ones I have found were from Rite Aid
> > pharmacy, but that was 5 years ago or so - and they were more
> > "expensive" - like $7.99 vs. $1.99 for the cheapies.

> Fabric stores have flannel-backed vinyl. Generally limited patterns,
> though. Cut your own to size.

Not only that, but they also have table-pad material which is quite
cheap - get the length of your table, buy the "fabric," put it on the
table, mark around the edges and trim it to fit. I keep mine rolled on
a really heavy cardboard tube that upholstery fabric came on - fabric
shops will give you those free.

N.

N.

Dimitri 01-06-2005 06:46 PM

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article . com>,
> "-L." > wrote:
>> Piggybacking
>>
>> I don't have an exact source but I do have a suggestion: I use a vinyl
>> tablecloth underneath my cloth tablecloths on my hardwood dining table.
>> It's much less expensive than a table pad and essentially works the
>> same way for everyday use. I also still use heat protectors for dishes
>> though.
>>
>> Most of the "heavier duty" vinyl ones I have found were from Rite Aid
>> pharmacy, but that was 5 years ago or so - and they were more
>> "expensive" - like $7.99 vs. $1.99 for the cheapies.

> Fabric stores have flannel-backed vinyl. Generally limited patterns,
> though. Cut your own to size.
> --
> -Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 5/8/05.
> "Are we going to measure, or are we going to cook?" -Food Critic Mimi Sheraton

IIRC they have some really kewl 4th of July patterns - I think that's where we
got them. Red White & Blue.

Dimitri