FoodBanter.com

-   -   YUM! Strawberry-Basil Dressing (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/61129-yum-strawberry-basil-dressing.html)

Jude 28-05-2005 01:04 AM

YUM! Strawberry-Basil Dressing

I invented this tonight to finish off some of the strawberries.

1/3 c olive oil
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
2 T fresh chopped basil
1 T sugar
1/4 c strawberries

Combine in blender for about 1 minute.

Served over a salad of spinach, mushrooms, crumbled bleu cheese,
toasted pecans, and chopped boiled egg.

Delicious!

Damsel 28-05-2005 06:53 AM

"Jude" > said:

>I invented this tonight to finish off some of the strawberries.
>
>1/3 c olive oil
>1/4 c apple cider vinegar
>1/4 c balsamic vinegar
>2 T fresh chopped basil
>1 T sugar
>1/4 c strawberries
>
>Combine in blender for about 1 minute.
>
>Served over a salad of spinach, mushrooms, crumbled bleu cheese,
>toasted pecans, and chopped boiled egg.
>
>Delicious!

Thanks for posting this, Jude. I've got a few items to add to my grocery
list! :)

Carol

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:

Karen 28-05-2005 03:14 PM

"Jude" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I invented this tonight to finish off some of the strawberries.
>
> 1/3 c olive oil
> 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
> 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
> 2 T fresh chopped basil
> 1 T sugar
> 1/4 c strawberries
>
> Combine in blender for about 1 minute.
>
> Served over a salad of spinach, mushrooms, crumbled bleu cheese,
> toasted pecans, and chopped boiled egg.
>
> Delicious!

This sounds really good - thanks for posting! Salad for dinner tonight, I
think... :-)

Karen