FoodBanter.com

-   -   tenderise tools (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/61031-tenderise-tools.html)

ilaboo 24-05-2005 02:13 PM

tenderise tools

any comments about tendrising tools especilly for chicken cutlets is
appreciated--what seems to work the best--hammer type or fine knife
blade type for example

tia
peter

Peter 24-05-2005 02:26 PM

"ilaboo" schreef in bericht
ink.net...
any comments about tendrising tools especilly for chicken cutlets is
appreciated--what seems to work the best--hammer type or fine knife blade
type for example

Don't hit the meat it didn't hurt you. If you want something then massage
it.

Peter

Gregory Toomey 24-05-2005 02:29 PM

ilaboo wrote:

any comments about tendrising tools especilly for chicken cutlets is
appreciated--what seems to work the best--hammer type or fine knife
blade type for example

tia
peter

Give them a light hit with a kitchen hammer, or sometimes I even use the
flat blade of a large knife.

But its easier to use a natural meat tenederiser - pineapple, papaya/pawpaw
or kiwifruit. They contain enzymes bromelian, papain and actinidin
respectively. Commercial meat terneriser is usually papain.

gtoomey

Peter Aitken 24-05-2005 02:31 PM

"ilaboo" wrote in message
ink.net...
any comments about tendrising tools especilly for chicken cutlets is
appreciated--what seems to work the best--hammer type or fine knife blade
type for example

tia
peter

I like the kind of hammer that has one flat side and one side with "bumps"
all over it. Is it useful for a variety of tenderizing tashs and can be had
for less than $10.

--
Peter Aitken

FREECYCLEMOM 24-05-2005 03:13 PM

"Peter" wrote in message
"ilaboo" schreef in bericht
ink.net...
any comments about tendrising tools especilly for chicken cutlets
is appreciated--what seems to work the best--hammer type or fine
knife blade type for example

Don't hit the meat it didn't hurt you. If you want something then
massage it.

Peter

You want him to massage his meat???

Peter 24-05-2005 03:24 PM

"FREECYCLEMOM" schreef in bericht
news:[email protected] eranews...

"Peter" wrote in message
"ilaboo" schreef in bericht
ink.net...
any comments about tendrising tools especilly for chicken cutlets is
appreciated--what seems to work the best--hammer type or fine knife
blade type for example

Don't hit the meat it didn't hurt you. If you want something then massage
it.

Peter

You want him to massage his meat???

not his, but the chicken... :-)

Seamus 24-05-2005 03:52 PM

I'm with Alton Brown of "Good Eats" on this one. The side of a meat
cleaver.

Shaun aRe 24-05-2005 04:37 PM

"Peter" wrote in message
"FREECYCLEMOM" schreef in bericht
news:[email protected] eranews...

"Peter" wrote in message
"ilaboo" schreef in bericht
ink.net...
any comments about tendrising tools especilly for chicken cutlets is
appreciated--what seems to work the best--hammer type or fine knife
blade type for example

Don't hit the meat it didn't hurt you. If you want something then

massage
it.

Peter

You want him to massage his meat???

not his, but the chicken... :-)

You are encouraging him to engage in bestiality now?

Shaun aRe

Peter 24-05-2005 05:00 PM

"Shaun aRe" schreef in bericht
eenews.net...

You want him to massage his meat???

not his, but the chicken... :-)

You are encouraging him to engage in bestiality now?

is that the way you see it?

just to distress the things: I've learned from a famous italian chef, that
you must never hit the meat. so instead of spanking his chicken I'm
encouraging him to give that beast sensual massage. This is not a joke it's
a serious kitchen technique giving very good results just wind that meat in
a kitchen towel put it on the tabel and massage it for about 5 minutes. Try
it with your steak and You'll see..

Enjoy your meal!

cathyxyz 24-05-2005 07:44 PM

Peter Aitken wrote:
"ilaboo" wrote in message
ink.net...

any comments about tendrising tools especilly for chicken cutlets is
appreciated--what seems to work the best--hammer type or fine knife blade
type for example

tia
peter

I like the kind of hammer that has one flat side and one side with "bumps"
all over it. Is it useful for a variety of tenderizing tashs and can be had
for less than $10.

Or for nothing, if you raid your parents' kitchen!
Cathy

--
I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it

FREECYCLEMOM 25-05-2005 02:03 AM

"Peter" wrote in message
"FREECYCLEMOM" schreef in bericht
news:[email protected] eranews...

"Peter" wrote in message
"ilaboo" schreef in bericht
ink.net...
any comments about tendrising tools especilly for chicken cutlets
is appreciated--what seems to work the best--hammer type or fine
knife blade type for example

Don't hit the meat it didn't hurt you. If you want something then
massage it.

Peter

You want him to massage his meat???

not his, but the chicken... :-)