FoodBanter.com

-   -   tenderise tools (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/61031-tenderise-tools.html)

ilaboo 24-05-2005 02:13 PM

tenderise tools

any comments about tendrising tools especilly for chicken cutlets is
appreciated--what seems to work the best--hammer type or fine knife
blade type for example

tia
peter

Peter 24-05-2005 02:26 PM

"ilaboo" > schreef in bericht
ink.net...
> any comments about tendrising tools especilly for chicken cutlets is
> appreciated--what seems to work the best--hammer type or fine knife blade
> type for example

Don't hit the meat it didn't hurt you. If you want something then massage
it.

Peter

Gregory Toomey 24-05-2005 02:29 PM

ilaboo wrote:

> any comments about tendrising tools especilly for chicken cutlets is
> appreciated--what seems to work the best--hammer type or fine knife
> blade type for example
>
> tia
> peter

Give them a light hit with a kitchen hammer, or sometimes I even use the
flat blade of a large knife.

But its easier to use a natural meat tenederiser - pineapple, papaya/pawpaw
or kiwifruit. They contain enzymes bromelian, papain and actinidin
respectively. Commercial meat terneriser is usually papain.

gtoomey

Peter Aitken 24-05-2005 02:31 PM

"ilaboo" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> any comments about tendrising tools especilly for chicken cutlets is
> appreciated--what seems to work the best--hammer type or fine knife blade
> type for example
>
> tia
> peter

I like the kind of hammer that has one flat side and one side with "bumps"
all over it. Is it useful for a variety of tenderizing tashs and can be had
for less than $10.

--
Peter Aitken

FREECYCLEMOM 24-05-2005 03:13 PM

"Peter" > wrote in message
> "ilaboo" > schreef in bericht
> ink.net...
>> any comments about tendrising tools especilly for chicken cutlets
>> is appreciated--what seems to work the best--hammer type or fine
>> knife blade type for example

> Don't hit the meat it didn't hurt you. If you want something then
> massage it.
>
> Peter

You want him to massage his meat???

Peter 24-05-2005 03:24 PM

"FREECYCLEMOM" > schreef in bericht
news:1116944087.a6c0d49f7fdeeea676161939aff0c580@t eranews...

> "Peter" > wrote in message
>> "ilaboo" > schreef in bericht
>> ink.net...
>>> any comments about tendrising tools especilly for chicken cutlets is
>>> appreciated--what seems to work the best--hammer type or fine knife
>>> blade type for example

>> Don't hit the meat it didn't hurt you. If you want something then massage
>> it.
>>
>> Peter

> You want him to massage his meat???

not his, but the chicken... :-)

Seamus 24-05-2005 03:52 PM

I'm with Alton Brown of "Good Eats" on this one. The side of a meat
cleaver.

Shaun aRe 24-05-2005 04:37 PM

"Peter" > wrote in message
> "FREECYCLEMOM" > schreef in bericht
> news:1116944087.a6c0d49f7fdeeea676161939aff0c580@t eranews...
> >
> > "Peter" > wrote in message
> >> "ilaboo" > schreef in bericht
> >> ink.net...
> >>
> >> Don't hit the meat it didn't hurt you. If you want something then

massage
> >> it.
> >>
> >> Peter

> > You want him to massage his meat???

> not his, but the chicken... :-)

You are encouraging him to engage in bestiality now?

Shaun aRe

Peter 24-05-2005 05:00 PM

"Shaun aRe" > schreef in bericht
eenews.net...

>> > You want him to massage his meat???

>> not his, but the chicken... :-)

> You are encouraging him to engage in bestiality now?

is that the way you see it?

just to distress the things: I've learned from a famous italian chef, that
you must never hit the meat. so instead of spanking his chicken I'm
encouraging him to give that beast sensual massage. This is not a joke it's
a serious kitchen technique giving very good results just wind that meat in
a kitchen towel put it on the tabel and massage it for about 5 minutes. Try
it with your steak and You'll see..

Enjoy your meal!

cathyxyz 24-05-2005 07:44 PM

Peter Aitken wrote:
> "ilaboo" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>
>>any comments about tendrising tools especilly for chicken cutlets is
>>appreciated--what seems to work the best--hammer type or fine knife blade
>>type for example
>>
>>tia
>>peter

> I like the kind of hammer that has one flat side and one side with "bumps"
> all over it. Is it useful for a variety of tenderizing tashs and can be had
> for less than $10.

Or for nothing, if you raid your parents' kitchen!
Cathy

--
I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it

FREECYCLEMOM 25-05-2005 02:03 AM

"Peter" > wrote in message
> "FREECYCLEMOM" > schreef in bericht
> news:1116944087.a6c0d49f7fdeeea676161939aff0c580@t eranews...
>>
>> "Peter" > wrote in message
>>> "ilaboo" > schreef in bericht
>>> ink.net...
>>>
>>> Don't hit the meat it didn't hurt you. If you want something then
>>> massage it.
>>>
>>> Peter

>> You want him to massage his meat???

> not his, but the chicken... :-)