cathyxyz

Default I think I need a license to use my fridge....

There I was again, trying to dig out ingredients from the fridge for
tonight's supper - coriander and pineapple pork - when I discovered I
needed a guide book to find anything!
I have a terrible habit of just pushing things into the fridge, wherever
they fit, after shopping. Then after a day or so, I get so frustrated
that I take 10 minutes or so to put things where they *should* go.
Please tell me I am not the only person who is guilty of this?

Cathy - who eventually found what she was looking for

--
I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it
Chris

"cathyxyz" > wrote in message
> I have a terrible habit of just pushing things into the fridge,
> wherever they fit, after shopping. Then after a day or so, I get so
> frustrated that I take 10 minutes or so to put things where they
> *should* go. Please tell me I am not the only person who is guilty of
> this?

Nope, I have been doing it lately, too. Have been pretty busy, and
also, every time I open the fridge, my toddler runs over and tries to
take things out...so I throw stuff in and slam the door quick. Usually
I do this type of cleanout/reorganizing in the early morning before he's
awake, but this week I've been doing yard work during that time.

I'll find time later today during the little guy's nap -- my 5-year-old
daughter thinks that emptying, reorganizing and cleaning the
fridge/pantry is *fun*. She also gets a kick out of reorganizing the
Tupperware/Rubbermaid cabinet, which also suffers from
stuff-it-in-and-shut-the-door-quick syndrome.

So no, you're not the only one! I will send the 5-year-old over to help
you. :-)

Chris

biig

cathyxyz wrote:

> There I was again, trying to dig out ingredients from the fridge for
> tonight's supper - coriander and pineapple pork - when I discovered I
> needed a guide book to find anything!
> I have a terrible habit of just pushing things into the fridge, wherever
> they fit, after shopping. Then after a day or so, I get so frustrated
> that I take 10 minutes or so to put things where they *should* go.
> Please tell me I am not the only person who is guilty of this?

I lost a nice t-bone steak that was on sale for "real cheap" this
way. We went away for 5 days and three days after we got home, I found
it waaaay back. I know beef can be aged, but this was beyond that.
..Sharon

> Cathy - who eventually found what she was looking for
>
> --
> I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it

cathyxyz

Chris wrote:

> Nope, I have been doing it lately, too. Have been pretty busy, and
> also, every time I open the fridge, my toddler runs over and tries to
> take things out...so I throw stuff in and slam the door quick. Usually
> I do this type of cleanout/reorganizing in the early morning before he's
> awake, but this week I've been doing yard work during that time.
>
> I'll find time later today during the little guy's nap -- my 5-year-old
> daughter thinks that emptying, reorganizing and cleaning the
> fridge/pantry is *fun*. She also gets a kick out of reorganizing the
> Tupperware/Rubbermaid cabinet, which also suffers from
> stuff-it-in-and-shut-the-door-quick syndrome.
>
> So no, you're not the only one! I will send the 5-year-old over to help
> you. :-)
>
> Chris

So I *DO* have an excuse.... we have an 18-month old who is fast
learning the same thing Please don't send the 5-year old over,
between me and my toddler, we do very well on our own!! heh heh heh
Cheers
Cathy - who no longer feels alone!

--
I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it
Sarah

"cathyxyz" > wrote in message
> Chris wrote:
>
>> Nope, I have been doing it lately, too. Have been pretty busy, and also,
>> every time I open the fridge, my toddler runs over and tries to take things
>> out...so I throw stuff in and slam the door quick. Usually I do this type of
>> cleanout/reorganizing in the early morning before he's awake, but this week
>> I've been doing yard work during that time.
>>
>> I'll find time later today during the little guy's nap -- my 5-year-old
>> daughter thinks that emptying, reorganizing and cleaning the fridge/pantry is
>> *fun*. She also gets a kick out of reorganizing the Tupperware/Rubbermaid
>> cabinet, which also suffers from stuff-it-in-and-shut-the-door-quick
>> syndrome.
>>
>> So no, you're not the only one! I will send the 5-year-old over to help you.
>> :-)
>>
>> Chris

> So I *DO* have an excuse.... we have an 18-month old who is fast learning the
> same thing Please don't send the 5-year old over, between me and my
> toddler, we do very well on our own!! heh heh heh
> Cheers
> Cathy - who no longer feels alone!
>
> --
> I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it

It's worse when you don't get time to sort it, and you find stuff glued to the
back of the fridge, sometimes I can only identify it by the colour or smell of
the seeping liquid in the bag! The most popular thing for me to forget about is
half cucumbers, but I recently found my lipstick pencil in with the cheese. (I
blame the 3 year old!)

Sarah

Cathyxyz

Sarah wrote:

> It's worse when you don't get time to sort it, and you find stuff

glued to the
> back of the fridge, sometimes I can only identify it by the colour or

smell of
> the seeping liquid in the bag! The most popular thing for me to

forget about is
> half cucumbers, but I recently found my lipstick pencil in with the

cheese. (I
> blame the 3 year old!)
>
> Sarah

I hear ya!

Reminds me of what one of my friends said when I complained about the
same thing, she said: "Oh, I don't worry about what's lurking in the
fridge, I just wait for it to grow legs and it walks out by itself!"

heh heh heh

Cheers

Cathy

Sarah

"Cathyxyz" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Sarah wrote:
>

>> It's worse when you don't get time to sort it, and you find stuff

> glued to the
>> back of the fridge, sometimes I can only identify it by the colour or

> smell of
>> the seeping liquid in the bag! The most popular thing for me to

> forget about is
>> half cucumbers, but I recently found my lipstick pencil in with the

> cheese. (I
>> blame the 3 year old!)
>>
>> Sarah

> I hear ya!
>
> Reminds me of what one of my friends said when I complained about the
> same thing, she said: "Oh, I don't worry about what's lurking in the
> fridge, I just wait for it to grow legs and it walks out by itself!"
>
> heh heh heh
>
> Cheers
>
> Cathy

Mine definitly doesn't walk it slithers!
I guess I might just check the fridge today, and give a quick wipe round, things
are starting to stick! Yuk
Sarah

The Joneses

Chris wrote:

> "cathyxyz" > wrote in message
> > I have a terrible habit of just pushing things into the fridge,
> > wherever they fit, after shopping. Then after a day or so, I get so
> > frustrated that I take 10 minutes or so to put things where they
> > *should* go. Please tell me I am not the only person who is guilty of
> > this?
> >

> (clip)I'll find time later today during the little guy's nap -- my
> 5-year-old
> daughter thinks that emptying, reorganizing and cleaning the
> fridge/pantry is *fun*. She also gets a kick out of reorganizing the
> Tupperware/Rubbermaid cabinet, which also suffers from
> stuff-it-in-and-shut-the-door-quick syndrome.
> So no, you're not the only one! I will send the 5-year-old over to help
> you. :-)
> Chris

I use one of those big plastic tote containers without the lid that fits in
my lower cabinet for the rubbermaid stuff. Works good, but also needs
organizing. Again.
Edrena who has cats to supervise.

Damsel

cathyxyz > said:

>I have a terrible habit of just pushing things into the fridge, wherever
>they fit, after shopping. Then after a day or so, I get so frustrated
>that I take 10 minutes or so to put things where they *should* go.
>Please tell me I am not the only person who is guilty of this?

When you're tired after shopping and hauling the groceries inside, the last
thing you feel like doing is alphabetizing the food in your fridge. I do
as you do. Cram everything into the fridge and go rest, then get it all
organized when I'm not so exhausted. Sometimes, I do it right away.
Depends on how many bags of groceries I've just carried in.

And guilt? There are more earth-shattering things to feel guilty about.
Just stick with those.

Carol
--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:
Shaun aRe

"cathyxyz" > wrote in message
> There I was again, trying to dig out ingredients from the fridge for
> tonight's supper - coriander and pineapple pork - when I discovered I
> needed a guide book to find anything!
> I have a terrible habit of just pushing things into the fridge, wherever
> they fit, after shopping. Then after a day or so, I get so frustrated
> that I take 10 minutes or so to put things where they *should* go.
> Please tell me I am not the only person who is guilty of this?
>
> Cathy - who eventually found what she was looking for

No, Cathy - I'm daft too.

',;~}~

Shaun aRe

License to Grill Peter General Cooking 4 27-09-2006 11:43 PM
What kind of business license do I need? [email protected] General Cooking 18 15-09-2006 09:07 AM
License to sell? Brad Winemaking 8 03-07-2006 01:40 PM
Winery license cost Johnny Mc Winemaking 3 24-11-2005 05:42 PM
How much does the license cost? General 0 25-10-2003 06:43 PM