FoodBanter.com

-   -   good restaurants in Myrtle Beach SC area? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/6080-good-restaurants-myrtle-beach.html)

mdfloyd 16-04-2004 04:28 PM

good restaurants in Myrtle Beach SC area?

I'll be spending a week in Myrtle Beach, SC, in a few weeks. Any
recommendations for great places to eat that won't bankrupt me or
require me to dress up? My friend loves seafood, so we're interested
in that, too -- I assume we'll have to go to Murrell's Inlet for
seafood, though.

Thanks!

The Cook 16-04-2004 05:04 PM

(mdfloyd) wrote:

>I'll be spending a week in Myrtle Beach, SC, in a few weeks. Any
>recommendations for great places to eat that won't bankrupt me or
>require me to dress up? My friend loves seafood, so we're interested
>in that, too -- I assume we'll have to go to Murrell's Inlet for
>seafood, though.
>
>Thanks!

See if the Hurricane Restaurant in Little River is still there. Used
to be good.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

jmk 16-04-2004 05:08 PM

On 4/16/2004 11:28 AM, mdfloyd wrote:
> I'll be spending a week in Myrtle Beach, SC, in a few weeks. Any
> recommendations for great places to eat that won't bankrupt me or
> require me to dress up? My friend loves seafood, so we're interested
> in that, too -- I assume we'll have to go to Murrell's Inlet for
> seafood, though.
>
> Thanks!

I've enjoyed Greg Norman's place:

http://www.shark.com/australiangrille/index.php

There are also a lot of places nearby at Barefoot Landing
(http://www.bflanding.com/).

--
jmk in NC

jmk 20-04-2004 12:38 PM

good restaurants in Myrtle Beach SC area?

On 4/16/2004 11:28 AM, mdfloyd wrote:
> I'll be spending a week in Myrtle Beach, SC, in a few weeks. Any
> recommendations for great places to eat that won't bankrupt me or
> require me to dress up? My friend loves seafood, so we're interested
> in that, too -- I assume we'll have to go to Murrell's Inlet for
> seafood, though.
>
> Thanks!

Please let us know where you end up going. It's always good to have a
few more ideas!

--
jmk in NC

Nancy Young 20-04-2004 12:57 PM

mdfloyd wrote:

> I'll be spending a week in Myrtle Beach, SC, in a few weeks. Any
> recommendations for great places to eat that won't bankrupt me or
> require me to dress up? My friend loves seafood, so we're interested
> in that, too -- I assume we'll have to go to Murrell's Inlet for
> seafood, though.

I used to work with a guy would would go there every year with
friends, golfing. Apparently they were really fond of a placed
called the Dollhouse.

nancy

jmk 20-04-2004 01:19 PM

On 4/20/2004 7:57 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> mdfloyd wrote:
>
>>I'll be spending a week in Myrtle Beach, SC, in a few weeks. Any
>>recommendations for great places to eat that won't bankrupt me or
>>require me to dress up? My friend loves seafood, so we're interested
>>in that, too -- I assume we'll have to go to Murrell's Inlet for
>>seafood, though.
>>

> I used to work with a guy would would go there every year with
> friends, golfing. Apparently they were really fond of a placed
> called the Dollhouse.
>
> nancy

hehe!

--
jmk in NC

Nancy Young 20-04-2004 01:38 PM

jmk wrote:

> On 4/20/2004 7:57 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> > mdfloyd wrote:
> >
> >>I'll be spending a week in Myrtle Beach, SC, in a few weeks. Any
> >>recommendations for great places to eat that won't bankrupt me or
> >>require me to dress up? My friend loves seafood, so we're interested
> >>in that, too -- I assume we'll have to go to Murrell's Inlet for
> >>seafood, though.

> > I used to work with a guy would would go there every year with
> > friends, golfing. Apparently they were really fond of a placed
> > called the Dollhouse.

> hehe!

What?

(laughing) nancy