Andy

Default Largest rotisserie on the plant.

I was in BJs Wholesale to get a chicken and some other stuff when I came
to their rotisserie!

WHOA! It reminded of a ferris wheel but the wheel was at least 5-feet
wide and each of the seven spit rods held five chickens!!! The oven unit
had to be about 6 feet tall and 4 feet deep. 35 birds at a time!? Just
AWESOME!

I almost cried, but I just stood there staring and smiling and smelling.
The cook, herself of modest build was also fun to watch.

I still bought my uncooked chicken as planned (out of spite) and it's
slow roasting, but I've been thinking about that thing ever since.

I'm secretly angry about it!

They probably have a cow grinder too!!!

[sniffle]

Andy

--
"Ladies and gentlemen, The Beatles!"
- Ed Sullivan (1964)
EchoSierra

Don't be angry, get even. Next time you want to cook your whole $3.
something chicken, spatchcock it [meaning split it down the backbone
removing most of the ribs, allowing the skin to hold it together so it
flattens out ] Then season with your favorite herb/spice rub, some
olive oil and brown it in a hot pan on both sides quickly, ending up
with the breast side down and finish in a 350 degree oven until
done...about 30 minutes.

OMG...it's wicked good that way. And CHEAP!

Ellen

Rick & Cyndi

"Andy" > wrote in message
6...
>I was in BJs Wholesale to get a chicken and some other stuff when I came
> to their rotisserie!
>
> WHOA! It reminded of a ferris wheel but the wheel was at least 5-feet
> wide and each of the seven spit rods held five chickens!!! The oven unit
> had to be about 6 feet tall and 4 feet deep. 35 birds at a time!? Just
> AWESOME!
>
> I almost cried, but I just stood there staring and smiling and smelling.
> The cook, herself of modest build was also fun to watch.
>
> I still bought my uncooked chicken as planned (out of spite) and it's
> slow roasting, but I've been thinking about that thing ever since.
>
> I'm secretly angry about it!
>
> They probably have a cow grinder too!!!
>
> [sniffle]
>
> Andy

===========================

Yeah, I know what you mean... that's why I have one of those Ron Popeil
Rotisseries. It's not as big as the one at BJs but it gets the job done!!
Mine will do two chix at a time... or I can use the basket things and do
several breasts or other parts.... Hmmmm, "I feel like chicken
tonight....".

I'm not sure if you've seen my other posts regarding the rotisserie but they
do an AMAZING job with pork chops and meat loaf! I made one of the best
meat loaves EVER with it - a few times!! Truly, it's one of the best
purchases we've made...

Cyndi

Andy

"Rick & Cyndi" > wrote in

> "Andy" > wrote in message
> 6...
>>I was in BJs Wholesale to get a chicken and some other stuff when I
>>came
>> to their rotisserie!
>>
>> WHOA! It reminded of a ferris wheel but the wheel was at least 5-feet
>> wide and each of the seven spit rods held five chickens!!! The oven
>> unit had to be about 6 feet tall and 4 feet deep. 35 birds at a
>> time!? Just AWESOME!
>>
>> I almost cried, but I just stood there staring and smiling and
>> smelling. The cook, herself of modest build was also fun to watch.
>>
>> I still bought my uncooked chicken as planned (out of spite) and it's
>> slow roasting, but I've been thinking about that thing ever since.
>>
>> I'm secretly angry about it!
>>
>> They probably have a cow grinder too!!!
>>
>> [sniffle]
>>
>> Andy
>>

> ===========================
>
> Yeah, I know what you mean... that's why I have one of those Ron
> Popeil Rotisseries. It's not as big as the one at BJs but it gets the
> job done!! Mine will do two chix at a time... or I can use the basket
> things and do several breasts or other parts.... Hmmmm, "I feel like
> chicken tonight....".
>
> I'm not sure if you've seen my other posts regarding the rotisserie
> but they do an AMAZING job with pork chops and meat loaf! I made one
> of the best meat loaves EVER with it - a few times!! Truly, it's one
> of the best purchases we've made...
>
> Cyndi

Cyndi,

I've always wondered about that rotisserie, specifically, how easy is it
to clean?

Andy

--
"Ladies and gentlemen, The Beatles!"
- Ed Sullivan (1964)
Monsur Fromage du Pollet

Rick & Cyndi wrote on 14 May 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> "Andy" > wrote in message
> 6...
> >I was in BJs Wholesale to get a chicken and some other stuff when
> >I came
> > to their rotisserie!
> >
> > WHOA! It reminded of a ferris wheel but the wheel was at least
> > 5-feet wide and each of the seven spit rods held five
> > chickens!!! The oven unit had to be about 6 feet tall and 4 feet
> > deep. 35 birds at a time!? Just AWESOME!
> >
> > I almost cried, but I just stood there staring and smiling and
> > smelling. The cook, herself of modest build was also fun to
> > watch.
> >
> > I still bought my uncooked chicken as planned (out of spite) and
> > it's slow roasting, but I've been thinking about that thing ever
> > since.
> >
> > I'm secretly angry about it!
> >
> > They probably have a cow grinder too!!!
> >
> > [sniffle]
> >
> > Andy
> >

> ===========================
>
> Yeah, I know what you mean... that's why I have one of those Ron
> Popeil Rotisseries. It's not as big as the one at BJs but it gets
> the job done!! Mine will do two chix at a time... or I can use the
> basket things and do several breasts or other parts.... Hmmmm, "I
> feel like chicken tonight....".
>
> I'm not sure if you've seen my other posts regarding the
> rotisserie but they do an AMAZING job with pork chops and meat
> loaf! I made one of the best meat loaves EVER with it - a few
> times!! Truly, it's one of the best purchases we've made...
>
> Cyndi

My GF rotisserie was one of the reasons I changed my ID to Monsur
Fromage du Pollet...just to protect the innocent. Try extremely thin
lime slices under the chicken skin next time you spin one.

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban

Mark Thorson

Andy wrote:

> I've always wondered about that rotisserie,
> specifically, how easy is it to clean?

You don't clean it, other than a soaking and brushing
to remove any large bits of food from the basket
and spit rods. The interior of the cooking chamber
builds up a layer of burnt-on brown crud, but it
doesn't matter because it never touches the food.

It always amuses me to see the commercials,
where they have all sorts of food cooking in
brand-new machines! They look nothing like
they will after 6 months of seasoning.

Monsur Fromage du Pollet

Mark Thorson wrote on 14 May 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> Andy wrote:
>
> > I've always wondered about that rotisserie,
> > specifically, how easy is it to clean?

> You don't clean it, other than a soaking and brushing
> to remove any large bits of food from the basket
> and spit rods. The interior of the cooking chamber
> builds up a layer of burnt-on brown crud, but it
> doesn't matter because it never touches the food.
>
> It always amuses me to see the commercials,
> where they have all sorts of food cooking in
> brand-new machines! They look nothing like
> they will after 6 months of seasoning.

The George Forman number comes easily apart and it all fits nicely in
the diswasher. That way the shiny surfaces stay shiny...reflecting the
heat to where it should go.

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban
Damsel

Mark Thorson > said:

>Andy wrote:
>
>> I've always wondered about that rotisserie,
>> specifically, how easy is it to clean?

>You don't clean it, other than a soaking and brushing
>to remove any large bits of food from the basket
>and spit rods. The interior of the cooking chamber
>builds up a layer of burnt-on brown crud, but it
>doesn't matter because it never touches the food.
>
>It always amuses me to see the commercials,
>where they have all sorts of food cooking in
>brand-new machines! They look nothing like
>they will after 6 months of seasoning.

Thank you! I've been procrastinating on getting a rotisserie because I
truly didn't want to have to scrub all the crud off on the inside. Now
I'll think if it as seasoning, and will have a clear conscience about not
scrubbing it to bare metal.

Carol
Rick & Cyndi

"Andy" & Cyndi" <
>>>I was in BJs Wholesale to get a chicken and some other stuff when I
>>>came
>>> to their rotisserie!
>>>
>>> WHOA! It reminded of a ferris wheel but the wheel was at least 5-feet
>>> wide and each of the seven spit rods held five chickens!!! The oven
>>> unit had to be about 6 feet tall and 4 feet deep. 35 birds at a
>>> time!? Just AWESOME!

<snip>

>>> Andy

>> ===========================

<snip>

>> I'm not sure if you've seen my other posts regarding the rotisserie
>> but they do an AMAZING job with pork chops and meat loaf! I made one
>> of the best meat loaves EVER with it - a few times!! Truly, it's one
>> of the best purchases we've made...
>>
>> Cyndi

> Cyndi,
>
> I've always wondered about that rotisserie, specifically, how easy is it
> to clean?
>
> Andy

=====================

Tis a breeze! Very easy to clean. The non-stick surfaces live up to the
name moreso than many other non-stick items that I've used.

I will admit that the meat loaf likes to stick a bit - but if you soak the
basket in hot, soapy water (after you remove the meat loaf, of course!), it
cleans up nicely. I always handwash mine but they may be dishwasher safe.
I probably ought to check the manual and see...

Cyndi

Mark Thorson

Damsel wrote:

> Mark Thorson > said:
>
> >Andy wrote:
> >
> >> I've always wondered about that rotisserie,
> >> specifically, how easy is it to clean?

> >You don't clean it, other than a soaking and brushing
> >to remove any large bits of food from the basket
> >and spit rods. The interior of the cooking chamber
> >builds up a layer of burnt-on brown crud, but it
> >doesn't matter because it never touches the food.
> >
> >It always amuses me to see the commercials,
> >where they have all sorts of food cooking in
> >brand-new machines! They look nothing like
> >they will after 6 months of seasoning.

> Thank you! I've been procrastinating on getting a rotisserie because I
> truly didn't want to have to scrub all the crud off on the inside. Now
> I'll think if it as seasoning, and will have a clear conscience about not
> scrubbing it to bare metal.

I could save you time in the bathroom too!
Get my book "Growing A Fresh Water
Coral Reef".

Damsel

Mark Thorson > said:

>Damsel wrote:
>
>> Thank you! I've been procrastinating on getting a rotisserie because I
>> truly didn't want to have to scrub all the crud off on the inside. Now
>> I'll think if it as seasoning, and will have a clear conscience about not
>> scrubbing it to bare metal.

>I could save you time in the bathroom too!
>Get my book "Growing A Fresh Water
>Coral Reef"

LOL! You're just plain evil!
Carol