Old 13-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Margaret Suran

Peter Aitken wrote:
"Gal Called Jani" wrote in message

One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" said:

Please forgive me, but I have to laugh.

They are advertising their dessert, tunnel of fudge.

Doesn't that crack anyone up, so to speak?

OMG! Did their marketing department even think about that one for
a moment? That's truly awful... :-D

--
Jani in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~

I do not know whether to be pleased or embarassed that I get it.

Be pleased. Melba Jammin' only made believe she did not get it,
because she wanted to play coy. ) At least, I think so, because
she is always the first one to get something. She has an incredibly
quick mind. Dirty, too.

Old 13-05-2005, 12:54 AM
Nancy Young

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote

Yes, I know that (or worse), but what I don't get is that all of a sudden
they're thinking this? Tunnel of fudge cake cas been a dessert for
decades. More like they're just trying to find something funny to write.
Phffft! How silly!

Wayne, a commercial came on and I thought people would laugh.
Big friggin whoop. You didn't think it was funny. So what. I don't
think a lot of stuff is funny either but I let it slide. Just drop it. I
meant no harm.

nancy

Old 13-05-2005, 12:58 AM
Nancy Young

"Nancy Young" wrote

Wayne, a commercial came on and I thought people would laugh.
Big friggin whoop. You didn't think it was funny. So what. I don't
think a lot of stuff is funny either but I let it slide. Just drop it. I
meant no harm.

And by the way, no, I had never heard of tunnel of fudge cake, I
rarely have desserts, but I still would have giggled at the name.
So. What.

nancy

Old 13-05-2005, 01:23 AM
Andy

Margaret Suran wrote in news:d60q2a0358
@news4.newsguy.com:

She has an incredibly quick mind. Dirty, too.

I have a dirty mind! [Pick me! Pick me!] I just don't apply it quickly
enuf. [sigh]

Charlie "A" Brown

Old 13-05-2005, 02:15 AM
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 12 May 2005 04:54:31p, Nancy Young wrote in rec.food.cooking:

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote

Yes, I know that (or worse), but what I don't get is that all of a
sudden they're thinking this? Tunnel of fudge cake cas been a
dessert for decades. More like they're just trying to find something
funny to write. Phffft! How silly!

Wayne, a commercial came on and I thought people would laugh.
Big friggin whoop. You didn't think it was funny. So what. I don't
think a lot of stuff is funny either but I let it slide. Just drop it.
I meant no harm.

nancy

I meant no harm either, Nancy. I found it odd that anyone would have
thought it was funny, since it had been a well known dessert for a long
time. Drop it? I wasn't making a campaign of it.

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Old 13-05-2005, 02:16 AM
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 12 May 2005 04:58:36p, Nancy Young wrote in rec.food.cooking:

"Nancy Young" wrote

Wayne, a commercial came on and I thought people would laugh.
Big friggin whoop. You didn't think it was funny. So what. I don't
think a lot of stuff is funny either but I let it slide. Just drop it.
I meant no harm.

And by the way, no, I had never heard of tunnel of fudge cake, I
rarely have desserts, but I still would have giggled at the name.
So. What.

nancy

Yep, so what. It's not that important. I didn't think it was funny when
the original recipe surfaced years ago. But, then, I have absolutely
sense of humor!

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Old 13-05-2005, 02:17 AM
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 12 May 2005 04:49:30p, Margaret Suran wrote in rec.food.cooking:

Peter Aitken wrote:
"Gal Called Jani" wrote in message

One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" said:

Please forgive me, but I have to laugh.

They are advertising their dessert, tunnel of fudge.

Doesn't that crack anyone up, so to speak?

OMG! Did their marketing department even think about that one for
a moment? That's truly awful... :-D

--
Jani in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~

I do not know whether to be pleased or embarassed that I get it.

Be pleased. Melba Jammin' only made believe she did not get it,
because she wanted to play coy. ) At least, I think so, because
she is always the first one to get something. She has an incredibly
quick mind. Dirty, too.

Yep, quick and dirty! I like that. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Old 13-05-2005, 02:25 AM
Sheldon

Damsel wrote:

Tunnel of Fudge is a well-established Bundt cake recipe.

Bundt Schmundt... sounds like a recipe for *** sex.

Sheldon

Old 13-05-2005, 02:43 AM
Nancy Young

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote
On Thu 12 May 2005 04:54:31p, Nancy Young wrote in rec.food.cooking:

Wayne, a commercial came on and I thought people would laugh.
Big friggin whoop. You didn't think it was funny. So what. I don't
think a lot of stuff is funny either but I let it slide. Just drop it.
I meant no harm.

I meant no harm either, Nancy. I found it odd that anyone would have
thought it was funny, since it had been a well known dessert for a long
time. Drop it? I wasn't making a campaign of it.

Is it a midwest thing, maybe? Honestly, I never heard of it, and I
have a penchant for word games. Whatever you want to call it.
It amused me.

I'm a July person, we laugh at the silliest things. We were going
to bed a couple of nights ago and I said, for flat out no apparent
reason, why am I blue and you're green. Well, I don't know why
I said that as a joke, it's stupid.

Without missing a beat, ron said, because we're two M&Ms
talking to each other? I laughed and laughed till I fell asleep.
I think my idiot sense of humor has rubbed off on that Virgo.

Sorry, I never did hear of a tunnel of fudge, but ... what can I
say ... made me laugh.

nancy

Old 13-05-2005, 03:04 AM
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 12 May 2005 06:43:56p, Nancy Young wrote in rec.food.cooking:

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote
[...]

Laughter is good, whatever the reason! We all find humor in odd bits of
things. I know I do, and would probably be embarrassed to tell what some
of them are. :-)

Glad it gave you a laugh..

Regards...

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Old 13-05-2005, 03:32 AM
Lisa Ann

Janie wrote:
OMG! Did their marketing department even think about that one for
a moment? That's truly awful... :-D

Probably the same marketing genuises who came up with the Taco Bell
giveaway..."Eat Taco Bell...get gas!"

I think it was last summer that you could win free gasoline when you
bought Taco Bell....but someone *really* fell down on the job planning
it!

Oh, and then there's the sign I saw in Jan 2000 at the Greenville
Spartanburg Airport in SC...a *huge* poster that said, "Beans, beans,
good for your heart!" Am I really the only person on the face of the
earth who supplied the next line in the rhyme?

I bet not...

Lisa Ann

Boston Market Squash Casserole--CopyCat Elaine Lake Recipes (moderated) 0 11-04-2008 05:03 AM
Boston Market Chicken Recipe jacqueline austin Recipes (moderated) 0 12-02-2007 11:24 AM
Review: Boston Market Thanksgiving Take-Out [email protected] General Cooking 2 28-11-2005 07:36 PM
Boston Market Ruddell General Cooking 66 27-02-2005 09:45 PM
"Boston Market" Corn Bread Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 28-06-2004 12:50 PM