FoodBanter.com

-   -   Good morning ..... (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/60648-good-morning.html)

Kate Gilbert 09-05-2005 10:38 AM

Good morning .....

Hi honey,
I tried to call your mother all day yesterday. Started before we
left ) Hoover took me to my favorite food .... Long John's ) I must have
hit re-dial ten times. It was busy. I assumed all the circuits were busy
are maybe you and Jodi, were calling her. Anyway, started trying again
after we were home. IT did ring , only she didn't answer. I called so
long ( last call would have been seven there ) But never did get her. I
wanted to find out how she was. I worry about her leg breaking. It was
hurting so much while Uncle Slim, was in the hospital the last time.
Now, I wonder if he's not back in there and worse. I had a letter and
Mother's day card from her Sat. And he sounded much better. Would you
drop me a note and let me know if your Mo and Slim are alright? I would
appreciate it so much. I will call Mother, again in a couple of days and
I know she will want to know, too.
Mother, was in so much pain yesterday , I told her it would be
better if she would let Nancy, bring in food. She said, she would be
happy to. Though she had made reservations for them at Jerry's. Told me
if Mother, didn't feel like going she could easily bring in food
instead. But Mother's, stubborn. Nancy, took her to the doctor on
Wednesday and got her medicine for the kidney infection. They were going
to send the sample on for further testing. She was drinking pitches of
water. So, I'm sure she wasn't going to enjoy going out to eat one bit.
Its so painful for her to get up and down. I'm very worried about her. I
told her I'd come up if she would allow me to take her to that darn
doctor and try to get her some help. She really needs a good physical.
He never does one. Crazy doctor.
Hope you had a wonderful Mother's day, honey. And the kids made a
fuss. Two of mine did for me. Both called and we had a nice visit via
the phone. Better than nothing , I reckon. Hope you are feeling better
and arthritis is not so painful.
Bye for today. I love you. God be with you and bless you greatly.

Shaun aRe 09-05-2005 10:46 AM

"Kate Gilbert" > wrote in message
> Hi honey,

Hi sugar ',;~}~

I think you meant this for personal E-mail?

Shaun aRe - Oops!
--
May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled.

Kate Gilbert 09-05-2005 11:24 AM

Shaun aRe wrote:
> "Kate Gilbert" > wrote in message
>
>>Hi honey,

> Hi sugar ',;~}~
>
> I think you meant this for personal E-mail?
>

> Shaun aRe - Oops!
> --
> May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled.

Yes , I did. I had opened the group to check on what's new and
remembered I needed to send my cousin an e-mail. I never had that happen
before. I checked and I have the address right on it. Weird. Sorry folks
.. Kate

Melba's Jammin' 09-05-2005 01:47 PM

In article >, Kate Gilbert
> wrote:

> Shaun aRe wrote:
> > "Kate Gilbert" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Hi honey,

> > Hi sugar ',;~}~
> >
> > I think you meant this for personal E-mail?

> > Shaun aRe - Oops!
> > --
> > May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled.

> Yes , I did. I had opened the group to check on what's new and
> remembered I needed to send my cousin an e-mail. I never had that happen
> before. I checked and I have the address right on it. Weird. Sorry folks
> . Kate

Oh, heck. It was more entertaining than most of the stuff here. :-0)
Glad you had a nice Mother's Day.
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 5/8/05.
"Are we going to measure, or are we going to cook?" -Food Critic Mimi Sheraton

Shaun aRe 09-05-2005 03:35 PM

"Kate Gilbert" > wrote in message
> Shaun aRe wrote:
> > "Kate Gilbert" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Hi honey,

> > Hi sugar ',;~}~
> >
> > I think you meant this for personal E-mail?
> >

> > Shaun aRe - Oops!
> > --
> > May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled.
> >

> Yes , I did. I had opened the group to check on what's new and
> remembered I needed to send my cousin an e-mail. I never had that happen
> before. I checked and I have the address right on it. Weird. Sorry folks
> . Kate

No need to apologise to us! ',;~}~

did the same myself with an E-mail to my wife one time. Lucky for me, it was
a very rare, tame E-mail, heheheheh...

Shaun aRe
--
May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled.

Joseph Littleshoes 10-05-2005 12:11 AM

Kate Gilbert wrote:

> Shaun aRe wrote:
> > "Kate Gilbert" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Hi honey,

> > Hi sugar ',;~}~
> >
> > I think you meant this for personal E-mail?
> >

> > Shaun aRe - Oops!
> > --
> > May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled.
> >

> Yes , I did. I had opened the group to check on what's new and
> remembered I needed to send my cousin an e-mail. I never had that
> happen
> before. I checked and I have the address right on it. Weird. Sorry
> folks
> . Kate

Occasionally and without any predictable regularity i will open a news
group post, does not matter what group, and my machine will
automatically generate an entry for it in the address book i do not use
and have had, because of this, an personal e - mail sent to a group i
did not even have open, this came to my notice one time when i had not
opened my news groups yet, i was responding to a personal e - mail and
went to send it off and the machine asked me to log into my news groups
before it would send the mail (usually i open my groups first, just to
see how many new posts have been made, then go to e - mail) i have since
trained myself to check headers and address along with spelling before i
send anything off. And even so i can over look something, on occasion i
have had the experience of starting a letter to a person or group and
halfway through the writing of it suddenly think im writing to a person
or group other than that for which or whom i intended and addressing the
missive inappropriately. Fortunately i discovered a "preference" that
allows the machine to ask me if i am sure of the recipients before i
send anything off. Its tedious and i sometimes think of turning it off,
but it has saved some little embarrassment on several occasions.
---
Joseph Littleshoes

Joseph Littleshoes 10-05-2005 12:34 AM

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >, Kate Gilbert
> > wrote:
>
> > Shaun aRe wrote:

> > > Hi sugar ',;~}~
> > >
> > > I think you meant this for personal E-mail?

> > > Shaun aRe - Oops!
> > > --
> > > May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled.

> > Yes , I did. I had opened the group to check on what's new and
> > remembered I needed to send my cousin an e-mail. I never had that

> happen
> > before. I checked and I have the address right on it. Weird. Sorry

> folks
> > . Kate

> Oh, heck. It was more entertaining than most of the stuff here. :-0)

A bit saccharine?

Even more so if meant for personal rather than public consumption, too
sweet for my taste, but i am familiar with the recipe. I get a lot of
it on certain holidays and b'days.

> Glad you had a nice Mother's Day.
> --

For some reason, Mater does not like the day. Used to tolerate us as
children making a big deal of it but as we got older she convinced us of
her aversion to the day. In Maters case, besides her expression of
contempt for celebrating on a single day her life's work, i also think
she dis - likes the american - ness of the phenomena.

One time i, in my mid 20' i was in a hippy, mystical, occult, new age
type shop and found a note card with a representation of the "Great
Earth Mother" (a creator "Goddess") on it and gave it to her as a
"Mothers day" card. She had it framed and it still sits to day among
her other bibelots & objects displayed. Plus she made a comment to the
effect that she had almost expected myself of all her children to find a
way of getting her to have some slight regard for the idea of a day set
aside to honour the concept of "Mother".
---
Joseph Littleshoes