David Hare-Scott

Default Turkish pide bread (crossposted RFC, RFB)

I like pide especially with dips and mediterranean fare. I have had it from
Turkish cafes and it is always tasty with an open (yeast bubbles) and
somewhat elastic texture. I have found many recipes for it and have tried
some out but without success. Some recipes seem to be just white bread
dough cooked in a thin "loaf" while others replace some or all of the water
with yoghurt. The latter gives a better flavour to me.

Whatever I do the texture doesn't come out right. It is still like white
bread, albeit with bigger yeast bubbles. How do I get the slightly rubbery
elasticity of genuine pide?

David

Roy

Have you tried this one?