FoodBanter.com

-   -   King Ranch Chicken (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/60419-king-ranch-chicken.html)

J. Davidson 04-05-2005 12:58 AM

King Ranch Chicken

Anyone got a good King Ranch Chicken substitute recipe using canned chicken,
velveeta, rotel tomatoes and corn chips? Wouldn't it work to layer those
things? What else is needed?
Jackie

zxcvbob 04-05-2005 01:58 AM

J. Davidson wrote:
> Anyone got a good King Ranch Chicken substitute recipe using canned chicken,
> velveeta, rotel tomatoes and corn chips? Wouldn't it work to layer those
> things? What else is needed?
> Jackie

Cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup (seriously).

Also maybe onions, fresh chopped jalapeno peppers, and some sharp
cheddar cheese. Use corn tortillas instead of corn chips to reduce the
total amount of salt and grease.

Best regards,
Bob

Gal Called Jani 04-05-2005 03:21 AM

One time on Usenet, "J. Davidson" > said:

> Anyone got a good King Ranch Chicken substitute recipe using canned chicken,
> velveeta, rotel tomatoes and corn chips? Wouldn't it work to layer those
> things? What else is needed?

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-...hicken,FF.html

Sorry, but doesn't sound appetizing to me...

--
Jani in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same

[email protected] 04-05-2005 04:42 AM

>Sorry, but doesn't sound appetizing to me...

Gee, me neither. Way, way, wayyyyyy to mooshie. I need something to
CHEW damnit.

chula

MG 04-05-2005 05:00 PM

canned chicken? they really sell that?

-confused aussie :-)

ravinwulf 04-05-2005 05:10 PM

On Wed, 04 May 2005 16:00:02 GMT, "MG" >
wrote:

>canned chicken? they really sell that?
>
>-confused aussie :-)

<snip>

Yes, you can get white meat chicken in chunks packed in water in a can
(much like canned tuna) in the US. It's actually not bad for sandwich
spreads and such.

Regards,
Tracy R.

Dimitri 04-05-2005 05:30 PM

"ravinwulf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 04 May 2005 16:00:02 GMT, "MG" >
> wrote:
>
>>canned chicken? they really sell that?
>>
>>-confused aussie :-)

> <snip>
>
> Yes, you can get white meat chicken in chunks packed in water in a can
> (much like canned tuna) in the US. It's actually not bad for sandwich
> spreads and such.
>
> Regards,
> Tracy R.

And...

http://www.pottedmeatmuseum.com/meatpages/055.htm

http://www.core77.com/inconspicuous/.../sweetsue.html

But not any more :-(

Dimitri

Peter Aitken 04-05-2005 05:42 PM

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
m...

> "ravinwulf" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 04 May 2005 16:00:02 GMT, "MG" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>canned chicken? they really sell that?
>>>
>>>-confused aussie :-)

>> <snip>
>>
>> Yes, you can get white meat chicken in chunks packed in water in a can
>> (much like canned tuna) in the US. It's actually not bad for sandwich
>> spreads and such.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tracy R.

> And...
>
> http://www.pottedmeatmuseum.com/meatpages/055.htm
>
> http://www.core77.com/inconspicuous/.../sweetsue.html
>
> But not any more :-(
>
> Dimitri

Dimitri, that canned meat museum is a real treasure. What a hoot!

--
Peter Aitken

sf 06-05-2005 05:08 AM

On Wed, 04 May 2005 02:21:50 GMT, Gal Called Jani wrote:

> One time on Usenet, "J. Davidson" > said:
>
> > Anyone got a good King Ranch Chicken substitute recipe using canned chicken,
> > velveeta, rotel tomatoes and corn chips? Wouldn't it work to layer those
> > things? What else is needed?

> http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-...hicken,FF.html
>
> Sorry, but doesn't sound appetizing to me...

It's VERY good when you "make it from scratch". I've never made it
any other way so I don't know how good or bad it tastes otherwise.