Gal Called Jani

Default OT sorta: Cocktails Anyone?

One time on Usenet, Dog3 > said:

> Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out. As curious and liberal
> as I am about tasting, eating and drinking different things, these
> cocktails are too much for me.
>
> Michael

I like frogs, just not in my beverages, please. :P

> Fri Apr 29,12:08 PM ET REUTERS
>
> LIMA, Peru (Reuters) - Peruvian officials saved some 4,000 endangered frogs
> from being whizzed into popular drinks <snip>

Now that's an interesting turn of phrase. It's a shame they have to
use endangered frogs...

--
Jani in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 30 Apr 2005 05:20:42a, Dog3 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out. As curious and liberal
> as I am about tasting, eating and drinking different things, these
> cocktails are too much for me.
>
> Michael

Make mine a Frogtini, with extra olives!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
The Ranger

Dog3 > wrote in message
1...
==> Frogs in a blender; Reuters article elided <==
> Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out.
> As curious and liberal as I am about tasting, eating
> and drinking different things, these cocktails are too
> much for me.

That's cuz you're so set in your ways! <EG>

The "I'm right there with ya" Ranger

Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 30 Apr 2005 07:22:51a, The Ranger wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Dog3 > wrote in message
> 1...
> ==> Frogs in a blender; Reuters article elided <==
>> Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out.
>> As curious and liberal as I am about tasting, eating
>> and drinking different things, these cocktails are too much for me.

> That's cuz you're so set in your ways! <EG>
>
> The "I'm right there with ya" Ranger

Don't want no complaining when you complain you've got a frog in your throat!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
The Ranger

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in message
> On Sat 30 Apr 2005 07:22:51a, The Ranger wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> > Dog3 > wrote in message

1...
> > ==> Frogs in a blender; Reuters article elided <==
> >> Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out.
> >> As curious and liberal as I am about tasting, eating
> >> and drinking different things, these cocktails are too
> >> much for me.
> >>

> > That's cuz you're so set in your ways! <EG>
> >
> > The "I'm right there with ya" Ranger
> >

> Don't want no complaining when you complain you've
> got a frog in your throat!

Fine... I promise not to croak after your try one. <G>

The Ranger

Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 30 Apr 2005 08:19:25a, The Ranger wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in message
>> On Sat 30 Apr 2005 07:22:51a, The Ranger wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>> > Dog3 > wrote in message
>> > 1... ==> Frogs in
>> > a blender; Reuters article elided <==
>> >>
>> > That's cuz you're so set in your ways! <EG>
>> >
>> > The "I'm right there with ya" Ranger
>> >

>> Don't want no complaining when you complain you've
>> got a frog in your throat!
>>

> Fine... I promise not to croak after your try one. <G>
>
> The Ranger

LOL! Deal, but I'll need a pitcher of martinis before that frogtail!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
cathy

Dog3 wrote:
> Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out. As curious and liberal
> as I am about tasting, eating and drinking different things, these
> cocktails are too much for me.
>
> Michael

You should come live in Africa.... they eat all sortsa strange things
here too... Mopani worm, anyone?
sf

No grosser than bear bile.

````````````````````

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 12:20:42 GMT, Dog3 wrote:

> Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out. As curious and liberal
> as I am about tasting, eating and drinking different things, these
> cocktails are too much for me.
>
> Michael
>
> Fri Apr 29,12:08 PM ET REUTERS
>
> LIMA, Peru (Reuters) - Peruvian officials saved some 4,000 endangered frogs
> from being whizzed into popular drinks after they were found hidden in an
> abattoir.

<snipped for Rona>
jmcquown

Dog3 wrote:
> Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out. As curious and
> liberal as I am about tasting, eating and drinking different things,
> these cocktails are too much for me.
>
> Michael
>
> Fri Apr 29,12:08 PM ET REUTERS
>
> LIMA, Peru (Reuters) - Peruvian officials saved some 4,000 endangered
> frogs from being whizzed into popular drinks after they were found
> hidden in an abattoir.
>
> "We were checking the fridges when out jumped a frog. It had escaped,
> they were in big crates," a spokesman for Lima city hall said on
> Thursday.

No thank you.

Crustacean Cocktail
(from Jarrett's in Memphis)

1-1/2 c. Mixed Citrus Juice
2 c. V-8 Juice
splash Olive Oil
1 Poblano pepper (diced fine)
1 Red Bell (diced fine)
1/2 Red Onion (diced fine)
1/2 bunch of cilantro (chopped)
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. cumin
2 seeded and diced jalapenos
2 oz. Simple Syrup
1 oz. Sambal
Shrimp, shelled & deveined
Lobster meat, picked over

1-1/2 cups mixed citrus juice; 2 c. V-8 Juice; 1c. Olive Oil; 1 Poblano
pepper (diced fine); 1 Red Bell (diced fine); 1/2 Red Onion (diced fine) 1/2
bunch of cilantro, (chopped); 1 tsp. ground coriander; 1 tsp. cumin. Blend
the juices herbs and spices together. Chill well.

Portion: 4 Shrimp (21-25 count) and 2 oz. Lobster meat into dessert
glasses. Pour the juice over the top. Garnish with Avocado Tomato Salsa.
(sorry, don't have the recipe for that)

Jill

Sorta OT Janet Bostwick General Cooking 105 27-05-2013 02:56 AM
Sorta back TheBubbo General Cooking 5 24-12-2006 08:49 PM
We're Ba-ack! (sorta) Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 16 14-03-2006 01:10 AM
[Sorta OT] TV oranges? A.T. Hagan General Cooking 50 05-11-2003 06:54 AM