Old 30-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Gal Called Jani

Default OT sorta: Cocktails Anyone?

One time on Usenet, Dog3 said:

Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out. As curious and liberal
as I am about tasting, eating and drinking different things, these
cocktails are too much for me.

Michael

I like frogs, just not in my beverages, please. :P

Fri Apr 29,12:08 PM ET REUTERS

LIMA, Peru (Reuters) - Peruvian officials saved some 4,000 endangered frogs
from being whizzed into popular drinks snip

Now that's an interesting turn of phrase. It's a shame they have to
use endangered frogs...

--
Jani in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same

Old 30-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 30 Apr 2005 05:20:42a, Dog3 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out. As curious and liberal
as I am about tasting, eating and drinking different things, these
cocktails are too much for me.

Michael

Make mine a Frogtini, with extra olives!

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Old 30-04-2005, 03:22 PM
The Ranger

Dog3 wrote in message
1...
== Frogs in a blender; Reuters article elided ==
Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out.
As curious and liberal as I am about tasting, eating
and drinking different things, these cocktails are too
much for me.

That's cuz you're so set in your ways! EG

The "I'm right there with ya" Ranger

Old 30-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 30 Apr 2005 07:22:51a, The Ranger wrote in rec.food.cooking:

Dog3 wrote in message
1...
== Frogs in a blender; Reuters article elided ==
Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out.
As curious and liberal as I am about tasting, eating
and drinking different things, these cocktails are too much for me.

That's cuz you're so set in your ways! EG

The "I'm right there with ya" Ranger

Don't want no complaining when you complain you've got a frog in your throat!

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Old 30-04-2005, 04:19 PM
The Ranger

Dog3 wrote in message

1...
== Frogs in a blender; Reuters article elided ==
Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out.
As curious and liberal as I am about tasting, eating
and drinking different things, these cocktails are too
much for me.

That's cuz you're so set in your ways! EG

The "I'm right there with ya" Ranger

Don't want no complaining when you complain you've
got a frog in your throat!

Fine... I promise not to croak after your try one. G

The Ranger

Old 30-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Wayne Boatwright

Dog3 wrote in message
1... == Frogs in
a blender; Reuters article elided ==
Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out.
As curious and liberal as I am about tasting, eating
and drinking different things, these cocktails are too
much for me.

That's cuz you're so set in your ways! EG

The "I'm right there with ya" Ranger

Don't want no complaining when you complain you've
got a frog in your throat!

Fine... I promise not to croak after your try one. G

The Ranger

LOL! Deal, but I'll need a pitcher of martinis before that frogtail!

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Old 30-04-2005, 04:27 PM
cathy

Dog3 wrote:
Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out. As curious and liberal
as I am about tasting, eating and drinking different things, these
cocktails are too much for me.

Michael

You should come live in Africa.... they eat all sortsa strange things
here too... Mopani worm, anyone?
Old 30-04-2005, 07:28 PM
sf

No grosser than bear bile.

````````````````````

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 12:20:42 GMT, Dog3 wrote:

Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out. As curious and liberal
as I am about tasting, eating and drinking different things, these
cocktails are too much for me.

Michael

Fri Apr 29,12:08 PM ET REUTERS

LIMA, Peru (Reuters) - Peruvian officials saved some 4,000 endangered frogs
from being whizzed into popular drinks after they were found hidden in an
abattoir.

snipped for Rona
Old 30-04-2005, 07:30 PM
jmcquown

Dog3 wrote:
Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out. As curious and
liberal as I am about tasting, eating and drinking different things,
these cocktails are too much for me.

Michael

Fri Apr 29,12:08 PM ET REUTERS

LIMA, Peru (Reuters) - Peruvian officials saved some 4,000 endangered
frogs from being whizzed into popular drinks after they were found
hidden in an abattoir.

"We were checking the fridges when out jumped a frog. It had escaped,
they were in big crates," a spokesman for Lima city hall said on
Thursday.

No thank you.

Crustacean Cocktail
(from Jarrett's in Memphis)

1-1/2 c. Mixed Citrus Juice
2 c. V-8 Juice
splash Olive Oil
1 Poblano pepper (diced fine)
1 Red Bell (diced fine)
1/2 Red Onion (diced fine)
1/2 bunch of cilantro (chopped)
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. cumin
2 seeded and diced jalapenos
2 oz. Simple Syrup
1 oz. Sambal
Shrimp, shelled & deveined
Lobster meat, picked over

1-1/2 cups mixed citrus juice; 2 c. V-8 Juice; 1c. Olive Oil; 1 Poblano
pepper (diced fine); 1 Red Bell (diced fine); 1/2 Red Onion (diced fine) 1/2
bunch of cilantro, (chopped); 1 tsp. ground coriander; 1 tsp. cumin. Blend
the juices herbs and spices together. Chill well.

Portion: 4 Shrimp (21-25 count) and 2 oz. Lobster meat into dessert
glasses. Pour the juice over the top. Garnish with Avocado Tomato Salsa.
(sorry, don't have the recipe for that)

Jill

Sorta OT Janet Bostwick General Cooking 105 27-05-2013 02:56 AM
Sorta back TheBubbo General Cooking 5 24-12-2006 07:49 PM
We're Ba-ack! (sorta) Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 16 14-03-2006 12:10 AM
[Sorta OT] TV oranges? A.T. Hagan General Cooking 50 05-11-2003 05:54 AM