FoodBanter.com

-   -   Buying Cookware? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/59570-buying-cookware.html)

Day Dreamer 21-04-2005 05:29 PM

Buying Cookware?

I received a $50 gift card for JC Penney recently, and I`d thought I`d
use it to purchase some cookware or something for the kitchen.
I was looking at this item:

JCPenney : housewares : best sellers : cookware
Address:http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/Product...TTYP=&ShopBy=0

Opinions? Seems like it includes a quite a few things I don`t have, or
have but could use replacing. Or is it absolute junk? Would I be better
off taking the whole $50 and spending it on one good pan or something? I
want to spend this money wisely, because I don`t have alot of it.

Ted Campanelli 21-04-2005 05:52 PM

Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not
so great) words of knowledge:
> I received a $50 gift card for JC Penney recently, and I`d thought I`d
> use it to purchase some cookware or something for the kitchen.
> I was looking at this item:
>
> JCPenney : housewares : best sellers : cookware
> Address:http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/Product...TTYP=&ShopBy=0
>
> Opinions? Seems like it includes a quite a few things I don`t have, or
> have but could use replacing. Or is it absolute junk? Would I be better
> off taking the whole $50 and spending it on one good pan or something? I
> want to spend this money wisely, because I don`t have alot of it.

I feel you will be quite disappointed if you get this set. I feel you
are going to find the "non stick" coating will be coming off in short
order.

If you can physically go and examine this set you will be in a much
better position to make an educated decision.