notbob

Default Roach Coach Etiquitte?

On 2004-04-11, Charles Gifford > wrote:

> You wanna see it bubba?

Absolutely! I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

nb
Charles Gifford

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2004-04-11, Charles Gifford > wrote:
>
> > You wanna see it bubba?

> Absolutely! I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.
>
> nb

Oops! My error! I had a brain fart. It is, of course, a Mossberg. It is
under my bed at the moment. It is disassembled as it became illegal in CA a
couple of years ago. I had planned on "legalizing" it but haven't gotten
around to it yet. I was sorry to see the front and rear hand grips,
saddlebags, barrel cooler. etc. removed. I have a legal stock for it which I
will get around to putting on eventually.

Charlie, red faced

Gina *

>>=A0=A0=A0=A0Get a pan for those Testosterone dripping!
>>=A0=A0=A0=A0The bigger the gun, the braver the man >>eh

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0>>=A0Steve
..
..
<giggle> Word amongst us ladies is the bigger the gun, the smaller
_his_ gun.

~~~Gina~~~

Melba's Jammin'

In article <Yusdc.105181$JO3.74385@attbi_s04>, notbob
> wrote:

> On 2004-04-09, sf > wrote:
> > On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 19:37:23 -0500, Steve Wertz
> > wrote:
> >
> >> What is the proper etiquette when ordering from a roach coach?

> > What's a roach coach?

> You know ....a gaggin' wagon ...vehicular foodslaughter ...swill on
> wheels ...roadkill express ...the upchuck truck ...you get the idea.
>
> They are those big ol' rolling white enamel and diamond pattern
> stainless steel clad panel trucks with lift up doors and a full grill
> inside and spew out a cornucopia of grease dripping fast food of the
> kind that make Americans swoon.

Hmmmm. So, would the truck that parks at the Farmers Market be
considered as above? They sell Asian stuff, I think (most of our market
vendors are Hmong); not sure about what else.

I was telling Rob about this thread and he mentioned that the guy behind
us might have something like that going -- apparently there's a similar
truck in front of his house when Rob's out walking. I'm going to have
to check it out.

--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-29-04.
notbob

On 2004-04-13, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> Hmmmm. So, would the truck that parks at the Farmers Market be
> considered as above? They sell Asian stuff, I think (most of our market
> vendors are Hmong); not sure about what else.

Sounds about right. Most of the trucks here in the SFBA are Vietnamese and
Mexican owned. They all make your classic grilled grease goodies like
grilled sandwiches, burgers, dogs, d/f chicken, etc. The Viet trucks tend
toward little Viet entrees like shrimp/rice or chinese sausage/rice and Viet
eggrolls (my fav). The Mex trucks carry the usual taqueria fare.

I was initially put off when I first came into contact with these rolling
ruination of regimen runabouts, quickly noticing everying coming off the
grill literally dripped oil! Even a tuna melt had cooking oil oozing from
every pore. I quickly realized toasting was not an option. Everything was
tossed into a pool of oil on a hot grill. Toast, buns, tortillas, etc,
nothing was immune. I suspect some of the newer folk to our shores were
even grilling the lettuce. And, everything that wasn't grilled in this
manner was just deep fried. I figured it was the new immigrant's exposure
to America's great purchasing power. Hey, we can buy a 55 gal drum of
cooking oil for a buckannahalf! Hose that grill! But, those were the early
days. Eventually good business sense prevailed and a grilled sandwiches
like chicken salad became just that and not a chicken salad oil sop.
Needless to say, a low-fat salad bar is nowhere to be found on these calorie
clogged cuisine carts.

nb