FoodBanter.com

-   -   Rachael Ray (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/59384-rachael-ray.html)

MrsGroover 19-04-2005 01:39 AM

Rachael Ray

Hi,
As much as I like Rachael Ray and actually think she's a nice person
and a good cook. I can't help but notice her voice and I know that
it's the only one she has but the earlier versions of her show are much
easier on the ears. I enjoy her show, however. But frankly, it drives
my husband out of the room, every time. Just wondering if anyone else
has a voice thing, like we do....

Food For Thought 19-04-2005 02:33 AM

What happened was that SOMEONE told her to be more animated on screen.
And now we have an annoying goofy giggling marionette with a loud raspy
GRATING voice, flailing its over-gesticulaing arms.... with "this
GOOOOO-IN ONNNNN.....and THAT gooooooo-in' ONNNNNN".....and the" EVOO
that's extra virgin olive oil" and her damned "GB...that's GARBAGE
BOWL...." Stick a dish towel in her mouth and she'd almost be
watchable again. She's also on every ten minutes and I am sick of her
face. I do find she's worse to listen to from another room than to
watch. I love all the really funny sexual jokes she makes and doesn't
realize she's making them. And...when she affixes her cutsie words to
her food like "dump" and doesn't realize what she's saying it's
priceless.

[email protected] 19-04-2005 03:43 AM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Food For Thought wrote:

> What happened was that SOMEONE told her to be more animated on screen.
> And now we have an annoying goofy giggling marionette with a loud raspy
> GRATING voice, flailing its over-gesticulaing arms.... with "this
> GOOOOO-IN ONNNNN.....and THAT gooooooo-in' ONNNNNN".....and the" EVOO
> that's extra virgin olive oil" and her damned "GB...that's GARBAGE
> BOWL...." Stick a dish towel in her mouth and she'd almost be
> watchable again. She's also on every ten minutes and I am sick of her
> face. I do find she's worse to listen to from another room than to
> watch. I love all the really funny sexual jokes she makes and doesn't
> realize she's making them. And...when she affixes her cutsie words to
> her food like "dump" and doesn't realize what she's saying it's
> priceless.

The thing that bothers me the most is when she goes to the fridge
or a cupboard and loads up all the ingredients there into a huge
unwieldy pile she's barely able to carry, I guess this is to make
sure she gets everything in in 30 minutes without taking the few
seconds she would need to make a second trip....simply silly and
a very poor example.>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Katherine Becker "As god is my witness
I thought turkeys could fly"
NEVER SEND A FERRET TO DO A WEASEL's JOB --WKRP

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Food For Thought 19-04-2005 04:24 AM

Besides that carrying overloaded arms-full of stuff....we have her
knife "skills". She hacks away with the food held between her fingers
and one day, she's gonna lose an arm. Watching her slice vegetables
makes me cringe.

Deb 19-04-2005 05:32 AM

Frankly I'm betting she does know exactly what she's saying. After all she's
in her thirties and engaged. I'll bet its to spice up the show but she
doesn't acknowledge it as some would so she stay "cute and sweet" for the
audience that likes that type. This way she can make both demographics
happy.

"Food For Thought" > wrote

Michel Boucher 19-04-2005 12:56 PM

"Deb" > wrote in
:

> Frankly I'm betting she does know exactly what she's saying. After
> all she's in her thirties and engaged.

Now, there are two sure signs of maturity and considered decisions.

Uh-huh...

--

[...] remember when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth

Monty Python's Universe Song

MrsGroover 19-04-2005 04:49 PM

I kind of feel bad now that I brought it up. You know maybe her voice
is like that because she's exhausted from all the jobs she has. I
sometimes wonder, because I watch a lot of Food Network and I like
Rachael, if she gets any breaks at all. Yikes, they work that girl.
She seems like a sweet person. I also like to watch Paula Deen for
entertainment value. I like it when she has her sons on - because they
are cute and funny with her. I think Paula Deen is so adorable. I
think it's really important to eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables
and maybe not add all that butter - although I'm sure it tastes
delicious. I'd love to make a road trip to Savannah some day. I guess
Paula sometimes has cooking classes there. That would be fun. I also
like Paula because she has an interesting history and story. She went
through the dark times and into the light. I think it's a very
inspirational story that she has.

Deb 20-04-2005 12:15 AM

Wasn't impling they indicated maturity - just saying that pretending to not
"get" some of the things she is saying is stupid at her age and since she is
engaged she is bound to know that some of her sayings imply "other things".

Michel Boucher 20-04-2005 01:03 AM

"Deb" > wrote in
:

> Wasn't impling they indicated maturity - just saying that
> pretending to not "get" some of the things she is saying is stupid
> at her age and since she is engaged she is bound to know that some
> of her sayings imply "other things".
>>
>> > Frankly I'm betting she does know exactly what she's saying.
>> > After all she's in her thirties and engaged.

>> Now, there are two sure signs of maturity and considered
>> decisions.
>>
>> Uh-huh...

Sorry, I thought you were speaking in general.