FoodBanter.com

-   -   Genetically Modified Broccoli Shrieks Benefits at Shoppers (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/59366-genetically-modified-broccoli-shrieks.html)

Doug Kanter 18-04-2005 07:52 PM

Genetically Modified Broccoli Shrieks Benefits at Shoppers

From www.theonion.com. Actually, from their 2005 desk calendar.

Genetically Modified Broccoli Shrieks Benefits at Shoppers

Bremerton, WA - A head of genetically modified broccoli shrieked its
numerous benefits at shoppers Monday in a Seattle-area Safeway. "I contain
40 percent more vitamin A than non-modified broccoli!", the head screeched
at terrified produce aisle customers. "I can fight off insects and disease
without the use of pesticides!" Monsanto, which produced the vegetable,
stressed that genetic-modification technology is still in its infancy, and
that more pleasantly voiced broccoli should hit store shelves fairly soon.