tandemcap

Default WTB Large Salt Rock as seen on Good Eats

My wife loves salt.

Recently Alton Brown's Good Eats devoted a show to the rock. He had several
softball sized rocks on screen. At one time, my wife jokingly went
MMMMMMMmmmmm.

Anyone know where I can purchase something like that for Mother's Day?

I've tried FoodTV, and Alton Brown's website and keep getting a lot of
runaround.

Thanks

Bob

tandemcap wrote:

> My wife loves salt.
>
> Recently Alton Brown's Good Eats devoted a show to the rock. He had
> several softball sized rocks on screen. At one time, my wife jokingly
> went MMMMMMMmmmmm.
>
> Anyone know where I can purchase something like that for Mother's Day?

Seriously? SERIOUSLY??

You're going to buy your wife a salt lick for Mother's Day?

Good luck with THAT!

Bob

zxcvbob

tandemcap wrote:
> My wife loves salt.
>
> Recently Alton Brown's Good Eats devoted a show to the rock. He had several
> softball sized rocks on screen. At one time, my wife jokingly went
> MMMMMMMmmmmm.
>
> Anyone know where I can purchase something like that for Mother's Day?
>
> I've tried FoodTV, and Alton Brown's website and keep getting a lot of
> runaround.
>
> Thanks

Go on eBay and search for "Halite". For example, look at item number
6524332004.

Best regards,
Bob
Sheldon

tandemcap wrote:
> My wife loves salt.

So, you want to give your wife a couple of salty rocks to lick....

Sheldon

OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"tandemcap" > wrote:

> My wife loves salt.
>
> Recently Alton Brown's Good Eats devoted a show to the rock. He had several
> softball sized rocks on screen. At one time, my wife jokingly went
> MMMMMMMmmmmm.
>
> Anyone know where I can purchase something like that for Mother's Day?
>
> I've tried FoodTV, and Alton Brown's website and keep getting a lot of
> runaround.
>
> Thanks

Do a google search for "Halite".
--
Om.

Sheldon

Dog3 wrote:
> "Sheldon" > wrote in
> ups.com:
>

> > tandemcap wrote:
> >> My wife loves salt.

> > So, you want to give your wife a couple of salty rocks to lick....
> >
> > Sheldon

> Are you going to volunteer
>
> Michael <- way too obnoxious this morning

Hmm, I that's a loaded question...

Rusty

tandemcap wrote:
> My wife loves salt.
>
> Recently Alton Brown's Good Eats devoted a show to the rock. He had

several
> softball sized rocks on screen. At one time, my wife jokingly went
> MMMMMMMmmmmm.
>
> Anyone know where I can purchase something like that for Mother's

Day?

> I've tried FoodTV, and Alton Brown's website and keep getting a lot

of
> runaround.
>
> Thanks

You can also get a naturally pink rock salt, called Pink Halite. But
don't eat it. Some of it comes from dried lakebeds in California's
Mojave Desert. The pink color comes from algae. The Pink Halite also
may have other compounds such as potash mixed with it. One source for
Pink Halite is EBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V