FMathies

Default Recipe For Coconut Layer Cake

I am posting the entire recipe for this cake.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Coconut Layer Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

2 3/4 cups Cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 cup unsalted butter -- softe
1 cup cream of coconut -- Such as Coco Lopez
4 large eggs -- separated
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1 Pinch salt

Cream Cheese Frosting

4 cups coconut -- sweetened shredded
2 8 Oz packages cream cheese -- softened
1 stick butter -- softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cream of coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour two 9-inch-diameter cake pans with
2-inch-high sides. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon
salt in medium bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat sugar, butter and
sweetened cream of coconut in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and
vanilla extract. On low speed, beat in dry ingredients and then buttermilk,
each just until blended.

Using clean dry beaters, beat egg whites with pinch of salt in another large
bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold beaten egg whites into batter.

Divide cake batter between prepared pans. Bake cakes until tester inserted into
center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool cakes in pans on rack 10
minutes. Run small sharp knife around pan sides to loosen cakes. Turn cakes out
onto racks and cool completely.

Place 1 cake layer on cake plate. Spread 1 cup Cream Cheese Frosting over cake
layer. Sprinkle 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut over. Top with second cake
layer. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle remaining
coconut over cake, gently pressing into sides to adhere. (Coconut Layer Cake
can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Let
stand at room temperature 2 hours before serving.)

Frosting
Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add butter and beat to blend. Add sugar and
cream of cocunut and vanilla, beating to blend.

*Canned sweetened cream of coconut is available in the liquor section of most
supermarkets nationwide.

Makes 10 servings.

Bon Appétit
December 1999

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 1117 Calories; 62g Fat (49.3% calories
from fat); 10g Protein; 134g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 200mg Cholesterol;
535mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 0
Non-Fat Milk; 12 Fat; 7 Other Carbohydrates.

Enjoy, Florence
MOM PEAGRAM

Thanks!

"FMathies" > wrote in message
> [...]

refrigerate. Let
> stand at room temperature 2 hours before serving.)
>
> Frosting
> Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add butter and beat to blend. Add sugar

and
> cream of cocunut and vanilla, beating to blend.
>
> *Canned sweetened cream of coconut is available in the liquor section of

most
> supermarkets nationwide.
>
> Makes 10 servings.
>

> Bon Appétit
> December 1999
>

> Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 1117 Calories; 62g Fat (49.3%

calories
> from fat); 10g Protein; 134g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 200mg

Cholesterol;
> 535mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 0
> Non-Fat Milk; 12 Fat; 7 Other Carbohydrates.

Chocolate Layer Cake Duckie Recipes (moderated) 0 20-09-2004 01:46 PM
layer cake noorizanmm Baking 0 27-08-2004 04:38 AM
Coconut Layer Cake Beth Martin Recipes (moderated) 0 21-05-2004 05:40 AM
Need Recipe for Coconut Cake - with Coconut *in* the Cake (not the Frosting or Filling) Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. General Cooking 17 11-04-2004 11:43 PM
Ambrosia Layer Cake Marlene C. Recipes (moderated) 0 15-01-2004 05:48 AM