Goomba38

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Makes me wonder if the active ingredient isn't citric acid. Maybe try a
> lemon juice poultice.

I know I've heard of people who run a packet of lemon kool-aid through
the dishwasher at times to "clean it up" a bit. The main ingredient is
citric acid, I think? I know they sell a more expensive packet of that
at the appliance parts store, but apparently the kool aid works just as
well.
Goomba
ilaboo

Default stain food processor bowel

ran some chilipote peppers through it--left very slight red stain on the
bpowerl--tried bleach and all sorts of detergnts and very fine scouring
powder--still there

any ideas on how to remove it?

tia
peter
Sheldon

ilaboo wrote:
> ran some chilipote peppers through it--left very slight red stain on

the
> bpowerl--tried bleach and all sorts of detergnts and very fine

scouring
> powder--still there
>
> any ideas on how to remove it?

Take two Colace, by morning it will be gone.

Sheldon

Rusty

ilaboo wrote:
> ran some chilipote peppers through it--left very slight red stain on

the
> bpowerl--tried bleach and all sorts of detergnts and very fine

scouring
> powder--still there
>
> any ideas on how to remove it?
>

> tia
> peter

If you have a nearby Dollar Tree store, look for a cleaner called
Awesome
Orange. I had a badly tea stained pitcher on my Mr. Coffee Iced Tea
Maker. Sprayed the Awesome Orange cleaner on the interior of the
plastic pitcher and a little scrubbing with a paper towel just wiped
the stains away.

Rusty

Doug Kanter

"ilaboo" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> ran some chilipote peppers through it--left very slight red stain on the
> bpowerl--tried bleach and all sorts of detergnts and very fine scouring
> powder--still there
>
> any ideas on how to remove it?

Put the bowl in the sun for a day and see if it helps. This seems to do the
trick when I get tomato sauce on my white nylon/plastic cutting boards.

Melba's Jammin'

--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> The Nylons added 4-3-05.

Dee Randall

"ilaboo" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> ran some chilipote peppers through it--left very slight red stain on the
> bpowerl--tried bleach and all sorts of detergnts and very fine scouring
> powder--still there
>
> any ideas on how to remove it?
>

> tia
> peter

This doesn't answer your question, I know. But every now and then I put in
the food processor (I have a KitchenAid). Coincidentally, on Monday, I
opened a can of chipotles with adobe sauce, put it in the KA bowl, processed
it, put it in a Ball Jar to keep in the refrigerator, then rinsed out the
bowl, then washed with soap, and there was no stain at all on the bowl - nor
blade. I've done this three times now with no stain at all. I might have
done this also with my Cuisinart food processor, but I don't remember if I
did or not, but if I did, I cannot recall any stains at all from doing this.

By the way, this chipotle will keep indefinitely (so they say) in the frig,
but mine doesn't last that long. I had to beans, and sometimes eggs -- and
other things.
Dee

ilaboo

colace is for all practical purposes tide liquid detergent

i trie dit to no avail
thabnks
Rusty

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:38:24 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article . com>,
>"Rusty" > wrote:
>
>> ilaboo wrote:
>> > ran some chilipote peppers through it--left very slight red stain
>> > on the bpowerl--tried bleach and all sorts of detergnts and very
>> > fine scouring powder--still there
>> >
>> > any ideas on how to remove it?

>> > tia
>> > peter

>> If you have a nearby Dollar Tree store, look for a cleaner called
>> Awesome Orange. I had a badly tea stained pitcher on my Mr. Coffee
>> Iced Tea Maker. Sprayed the Awesome Orange cleaner on the interior of
>> the plastic pitcher and a little scrubbing with a paper towel just
>> wiped the stains away.

>> Rusty

>Makes me wonder if the active ingredient isn't citric acid. Maybe try a
>lemon juice poultice.

It has citric acid in it, but it also has a strong chemical smell.
There is some other cleaning agent in it. It is a real grease cutter.

Rusty

Doug Kanter

"Rusty" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:38:24 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
>>In article . com>,

>>> If you have a nearby Dollar Tree store, look for a cleaner called
>>> Awesome Orange. I had a badly tea stained pitcher on my Mr. Coffee
>>> Iced Tea Maker. Sprayed the Awesome Orange cleaner on the interior of
>>> the plastic pitcher and a little scrubbing with a paper towel just
>>> wiped the stains away.

>>> Rusty

>>Makes me wonder if the active ingredient isn't citric acid. Maybe try a
>>lemon juice poultice.

> It has citric acid in it, but it also has a strong chemical smell.
> There is some other cleaning agent in it. It is a real grease cutter.
>
> Rusty

Straight Dawn dish liquid (the original blue version, without the stupid
smells) is pretty rough stuff, too. I've used it to remove baked on motor
oil from engine parts.

Nancy Young

I suppose you could call a bowel a food processor, but I'd be careful
with using any detergents on mine!

nancy

Damsel in dis Dress

I was overjoyed to read that "Nancy Young" > posted:

>I suppose you could call a bowel a food processor, but I'd be careful
>with using any detergents on mine!

Bodda-BING!

Carol, still chuckling
--
Coming at you live, from beautiful Lake Woebegon
Nancy Young

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
>I was overjoyed to read that "Nancy Young" > posted:

>>I suppose you could call a bowel a food processor, but I'd be careful
>>with using any detergents on mine!

> Bodda-BING!
>
> Carol, still chuckling

(laugh) Cracked you up? nancy

Damsel in dis Dress

I was overjoyed to read that "Nancy Young" > posted:

>"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
.. .
>>I was overjoyed to read that "Nancy Young" > posted:

>>>I suppose you could call a bowel a food processor, but I'd be careful
>>>with using any detergents on mine!

>> Bodda-BING!
>>
>> Carol, still chuckling

>(laugh) Cracked you up? nancy

Sure did. You're a riot, lady!
Carol
--
Coming at you live, from beautiful Lake Woebegon