Default Shrimp Curry

Hi guys:

Here is a recipe of Shrimp Curry with green peas, one can subsitute
green peas with diced potatoes.

http://www.rupenrao.com/recipe.asp?rid=115

Ronnie

Melba's Jammin'

In article .com>,
wrote:

> Hi guys:
>
> Here is a recipe of Shrimp Curry with green peas, one can subsitute
> green peas with diced potatoes.

http://www.rupenrao.com/recipe.asp?rid=115

> Ronnie

It's not a recipe; it's a link to your website where you post the
recipe. Why not just post the recipe here?
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> Arizona vacation pics added 3-24-05.
Michael L Kankiewicz

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article .com>,
> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys:
> >
> > Here is a recipe of Shrimp Curry with green peas, one can subsitute
> > green peas with diced potatoes.

http://www.rupenrao.com/recipe.asp?rid=115

> > Ronnie
> >

> It's not a recipe; it's a link to your website where you post the
> recipe. Why not just post the recipe here?

So what? The link is directly to the recipe, not his home page.

MK

Peter Aitken

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article .com>,
> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys:
>>
>> Here is a recipe of Shrimp Curry with green peas, one can subsitute
>> green peas with diced potatoes.

http://www.rupenrao.com/recipe.asp?rid=115

>> Ronnie
>>

> It's not a recipe; it's a link to your website where you post the
> recipe. Why not just post the recipe here?
> --

Yeah, give us a break ! Clicking that link really wears me out.

--
Peter Aitken

Gregory Morrow

Michael L Kankiewicz wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > In article .com>,
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi guys:
> > >
> > > Here is a recipe of Shrimp Curry with green peas, one can subsitute
> > > green peas with diced potatoes.

http://www.rupenrao.com/recipe.asp?rid=115

> > > Ronnie
> > >

> > It's not a recipe; it's a link to your website where you post the
> > recipe. Why not just post the recipe here?

> So what? The link is directly to the recipe, not his home page.

It'a a PITA to click on the link...besides which who knows *what* that link
leads to - there is a large potential for "mischief"...and I'm frankly not
interested in reading some noobie stranger's website when I'm reading this
froup.

Better to simply post the recipe as a courtesy to the readers here - it's
not *that* difficult to do.

--
Best
Greg

Peter Aitken

"Gregory Morrow"
<gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net> wrote in
message nk.net...

> Michael L Kankiewicz wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

http://www.rupenrao.com/recipe.asp?rid=115

>> > It's not a recipe; it's a link to your website where you post the
>> > recipe. Why not just post the recipe here?

>> So what? The link is directly to the recipe, not his home page.
>>

> It'a a PITA to click on the link

So when you move your thumb down 1/4 inch your ass hurts? Could you possibly
be more of a crybaby?

>...besides which who knows *what* that link
> leads to - there is a large potential for "mischief"

Not really. Navigating to a link cannot cause problems beyond a few annoying
popup windows.

....and I'm frankly not
> interested in reading some noobie stranger's website when I'm reading this
> froup.

He's not a noobie [sic]. He has been posting for months at least and has
provided many interesting recipes. He has also been kind enough to answer a
request from me for a specific recipe. He is, unlike many people, an actual
asset to the group.

> Better to simply post the recipe as a courtesy to the readers here - it's
> not *that* difficult to do.

But clicking on a link is *really* difficult. Here's another link, to my
recipe page with many dozens of great recipes. Try it if you dare!

http://www.pgacon.com/cooking.htm

Maybe you can get a neighbor to come over and help you with pushing down
that mouse button.

Peter Aitken

Gregory Morrow

Peter Aitken pukes:

> He is, unlike many people, an actual
> asset to the group.

And you mean exactly *what* by "many people", hmmm...???

--
Best
Greg

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "Peter
Aitken" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > In article .com>,
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi guys:
> >>
> >> Here is a recipe of Shrimp Curry with green peas, one can subsitute
> >> green peas with diced potatoes.

http://www.rupenrao.com/recipe.asp?rid=115

> >> Ronnie

> > It's not a recipe; it's a link to your website where you post the
> > recipe. Why not just post the recipe here?
> > --

> Yeah, give us a break ! Clicking that link really wears me out.

Vitamins. You need vitamins. For strength and endurance. :-)Long time
ago it was pointed out that not everyone who reads newsgroups has access
to the web. Links are of no use to those folks, whereas the recipe,
posted to the group, may be. I don't have a fast internet connection;
news posts open in a trice---much faster than the download of a web
page. So, there! :-)
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> Arizona vacation pics added 3-24-05.

Hi all,

As I have earlier mentioned, it is the best way for me to send the link
to my recipe instead of pasting the recipe over here. I will continue
in sending links to my recipes.

I have never indulged in sending promos or popups thru my weblinks,
nevertheless any sort of advertisements.

Ronnie

Gregory Morrow

wrote:

http://www.rupenrao.com/recipe.asp?rid=115

> >> Yeah, give us a break ! Clicking that link really wears me out.

> > Vitamins. You need vitamins. For strength and endurance. :-)Long time
> > ago it was pointed out that not everyone who reads newsgroups has access
> > to the web. Links are of no use to those folks, whereas the recipe,
> > posted to the group, may be. I don't have a fast internet connection;
> > news posts open in a trice---much faster than the download of a web
> > page. So, there! :-)

> Which is precisely why I try to remember not to send you large pic via
> email although sometimes I forget

Ummm...Michael...what *exactly* are you sending Barb pix *of*...???

;-p

--
Best
Greg

Michael L Kankiewicz

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Vitamins. You need vitamins. For strength and endurance. :-)Long time
> ago it was pointed out that not everyone who reads newsgroups has access
> to the web. Links are of no use to those folks, whereas the recipe,
> posted to the group, may be. I don't have a fast internet connection;
> news posts open in a trice---much faster than the download of a web
> page. So, there! :-)

Where?

Michael L Kankiewicz

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Vitamins. You need vitamins. For strength and endurance. :-)Long time
> ago it was pointed out that not everyone who reads newsgroups has access
> to the web. Links are of no use to those folks, whereas the recipe,
> posted to the group, may be. I don't have a fast internet connection;
> news posts open in a trice---much faster than the download of a web
> page. So, there! :-)

Are you now proclaiming rules on rfc? Some of us like direct links. If
you don't TOO BAD. "not everyone who reads newsgroups has access to the
web." Well too bad. Not everyone who lives even has access to a computer
either. That's the way it is. Live with it, get with it, or walk away.
Progress and techology move on.