Wayne Boatwright

Default Odd Food Combinations?

I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost any
type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit odd,
I suppose, but I like it.

Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?

Wayne
Levelwave©

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost any
> type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit odd,
> I suppose, but I like it.

Back in my bodybuilding days I used to eat a bowl of cheerios and a can
of tuna (straight out of the can) for breakfast every morning...
Needless to say I'll never touch another can of tuna for as long as I
live...

~john
Wayne Boatwright

Levelwave© > wrote in
:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost
>> any type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake.
>> A bit odd, I suppose, but I like it.

> Back in my bodybuilding days I used to eat a bowl of cheerios and a
> can of tuna (straight out of the can) for breakfast every morning...
> Needless to say I'll never touch another can of tuna for as long as I
> live...
>

> ~john

I like canned tuna, but I never had it for breakfast nor every day. I
guess if I had, I would want to look at another can of it either! :-)

Wayne
Richard's ~JA~

Wayne=A0Boatwright mentions and inquires....
>I have a penchant for drinking a cold
>glass of buttermilk with almost any type
>of chocolate cake, but especially
>German's Chocolate Cake. A bit odd, I
>suppose, but I like it. Anyone else out
>there similar odd pairings?

I've yet to try my best Balsamic vinegar on ice cream as has been
mentioned here, but I do love pickled beet slices on most all meat
sandwiches. Certainly not on any sort of fish, where broken potato
chips belong, but the beets may well replace tomato slices for beef or
ham.

Picky ~JA~

barrgh

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 05:49:54 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost any
>type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit odd,
>I suppose, but I like it.
>
>Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?

Ever since i was a kid, I've loved eating mayonaise on rice. Still do, as a
matter of fact.

I like it even better if you top it with Japanese furikake seasoning on it. Yum.

MOM PEAGRAM

Peanut butter, tomato and lettuce sandwich. Yum!

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
.. .
> I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost any
> type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit

odd,
> I suppose, but I like it.
>
> Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
>
> Wayne

Peter Aitken

"barrgh" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 05:49:54 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
> >I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost any
> >type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit

odd,
> >I suppose, but I like it.
> >
> >Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?

> Ever since i was a kid, I've loved eating mayonaise on rice. Still do, as

> matter of fact.
>
> I like it even better if you top it with Japanese furikake seasoning on

it. Yum.

When I was a kid, a favorite meal was white rice mixed with canned tuna,
served with mustard. I have gotten over it, however!

--
Peter Aitken

Jason Tinling

"MOM PEAGRAM" > wrote in message
> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost

any
> > type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit

> odd,
> > I suppose, but I like it.
> >
> > Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
> >
> > Wayne

> > Peanut butter, tomato and lettuce sandwich. Yum!

Courtesy of my father (I never dared)...Peanut Butter, Miracle Whip and
Avocado sandwich, on whole grain bread...gah

Jason

maxine in ri

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost any
> type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit odd,
> I suppose, but I like it.
>
> Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
>
> Wayne

At girl scout camp they would send us a couple of loaves of bread,
bologna, mustard, peanut butter, and jelly when we were going on a
hike, and we would make our own sandwiches. My favorite was peanut
butter and bologna.

maxine in ri
Wayne Boatwright

"MOM PEAGRAM" > wrote in
:

> Peanut butter, tomato and lettuce sandwich. Yum!

A favorite restaurant of mine from years ago served "peanut-burgers",
hamburgers slathered with peanut butter. They were delicious! I always
ordered mine with lettuce, a slice of onion, mustard, and relish.

Wayne

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in
> message .. .
>> I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost
>> any type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake.
>> A bit

> odd,
>> I suppose, but I like it.
>>
>> Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
>>
>> Wayne

Wayne Boatwright

"Peter Aitken" > wrote in
:

> "barrgh" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 05:49:54 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with
>> >almost any type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate
>> >Cake. A bit

> odd,
>> >I suppose, but I like it.
>> >
>> >Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?

>> Ever since i was a kid, I've loved eating mayonaise on rice. Still
>> do, as

>> matter of fact.
>>
>> I like it even better if you top it with Japanese furikake seasoning
>> on

> it. Yum.
>>

> When I was a kid, a favorite meal was white rice mixed with canned
> tuna, served with mustard. I have gotten over it, however!

I've actually had rice salad that included small chunks of canned tuna.
It was pretty good. I'm not sure I'd make it myself, however.

Wayne

Wayne Boatwright

"Jason Tinling" > wrote in
:

> "MOM PEAGRAM" > wrote in message
>> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in
>> message .. .
>> > I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with
>> > almost

> any
>> > type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A
>> > bit

>> odd,
>> > I suppose, but I like it.
>> >
>> > Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
>> >
>> > Wayne

>> > Peanut butter, tomato and lettuce sandwich. Yum!

> Courtesy of my father (I never dared)...Peanut Butter, Miracle Whip
> and Avocado sandwich, on whole grain bread...gah
>
> Jason

That's one I would try, Jason, but I'd also have to have a slice of onion
on it.

Wayne
Kate Connally

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost any
> type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit odd,
> I suppose, but I like it.
>
> Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
>
> Wayne

Well, I don't think they're weird, but others do.

Pierogi with ketchup and/or Thai sweet chilli sauce.
(When I was first introduced to pierogi at the ago of
16, by my step-grandmother, everybody ate them with
sour cream - that is, the already boiled pierogi were
brought home and fried in, unfortunately at that time,
margarine with onions and then served with sour cream.
Since at that point in my life I would not eat plain
sour cream - I would eat things made with sour cream -
I started eating them with ketchup. My step-gm was
appalled, naturally. People are still appalled at the
thought, but, hey, they had potatoes and cheese in them
and ketchup is good with potatoes and with cheese. What's
the big deal. In more recent years I have discovered
Thai sweet chilli sauce and am now addicted to it. And
even though I now love sour cream I still prefer my
pierogi with ketchup, although now I mix it about half and
half with the chilli sauce. Yum!)

Brown sugar on my cereal, hot or cold.
(I grew up in a family where we all put brown sugar on
our cereal, whether it was corn flakes or oatmeal or
whatever. I think my mom got it from her father and
it was passed on down. First time I slept over at a
friend's house when I was about 12 or 13, I was appalled
that they only had white sugar on the table for the
cereal. When I asked for some brown sugar they thought
I was nuts.)

Ketchup on macaroni and cheese.
(Okay - if you're thinking of the really saucy type
of mac and cheese that sounds gross. However in our
family we always made it from scratch by cooking the
mac and then layering it in a casserole with sliced
or shredded cheese and sprinkling each layers with
salt, pepper, and flour. After it was all done we
pour milk over it and bake. The milk combines with
the flour and some of the cheese to make a sort of
sauce but it's not very liquid. The entire dish is
dry as opposed to runny. It is a perfect vehicle for
ketchup!)

Ketchup in homemade vegetable soup.
(This is another thing I grew up with. My grandfather
was probably the one to start it. It's really good!
Adds a zing to the soup.)

Corned beef on white.
(Yep, white bread, preferably a good crusty Italian,
but never Wonder Bread types. I hate rye in any way
shape or form. I have received many a disgusted looks
in Jewish delis when I order it that way. Tough beans.
The only problems is that many Jewish deli-type places
don't even have a decent white bread to put it on so
sometimes I get a crappy Wonder Bread sandwich. What
a horrid thing to do to good corned beef! When I make
sandwiches for travel or a picnic at home I usually use
hamburger buns - the good ones from the bakery, not the
ones you buy in the store. I also eat mayo on corned
beef sandwiches, except for a Reuben or a Rachel.)

Chile on mashed potatoes.
(That's the way our family always ate them growing up.
But the chile wasn't "real" chile. It was basically
browned ground beef, with tomato sauce and kidney beans
and a little chile powder. It's still good and especially
on mashed potatoes. But I'm thinking even more authentic
Texas style chile would be great served over mashed potatoes.
I can't imaging anything that wouldn't be good over mashed
potatoes except maybe hot fudge sauce. ;-))

Pineapple on pizza.
(Actually, lots of people like this but many
think it's weird. And a nice slice of pineapple
is great on a hamburger. None of that beetroot
crap for me.)

Vanilla pudding and red jello.
(Our family always made a 3-layer dessert with jello
and pudding. First the jello layer was allowed to set
and then some of the jello was whipped until frothy and
put over the jello layer and then allow to set. Finally
cooled vanilla pudding (the real stuff, not instant) was
pour on top and then the whole thing was cooled. Beautiful
and tasty, red, pink, and creamy white. Anyway, if I got
to a buffet where they have red jello and vanilla pudding
I always put the pudding over some jello for dessert. Yum!)

Hotdog with potato salad, cole slaw, and baked beans.
(When I was a kid and we had family picnics I would
put everything on my hotdog or hamburger - potato
salad, cole slaw, bake beans, potato chips, cheese
puffs, whatever, plus ketchup and relish.)

Weird combos other people in my family and around the
world have done that I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole:

My great uncle John used to put pepper on everything,
including ice cream!

My grandfather used to put Tang in hot tea.

Peanut butter and jelly - I always thought that was
the weirdest combination and I never liked it although
it seems almost everyone in the world loves it.

Corned beef and cabbage - I love them both but not
together. My family always made it with potatoes in
it also, so I only would eat the corned beef and the
potatoes.

Gelatin and meat or vegetables - Can't understand
how people can eat cold jellied meats or veggies
(aspic).

Lemon in tea - To me this is a weird combo. The
tastes just don't go together.

There must be more but can't think of them right
now.
Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

sunshine

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 05:49:54 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost any
>type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit odd,
>I suppose, but I like it.
>
>Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
>
>Wayne

At Bruegger's Bagels, my fiance enjoys their Cinnamon Sugar bagel with
garlic cream cheese. I enjoy the looks from the employees!

~sunshine

StocksRus®

Kate Connally > wrote in
:

> [...]

> is great on a hamburger. None of that beetroot
> crap for me.)
>
> Vanilla pudding and red jello.
> (Our family always made a 3-layer dessert with jello
> and pudding. First the jello layer was allowed to set
> and then some of the jello was whipped until frothy and
> put over the jello layer and then allow to set. Finally
> cooled vanilla pudding (the real stuff, not instant) was
> pour on top and then the whole thing was cooled. Beautiful
> and tasty, red, pink, and creamy white. Anyway, if I got
> to a buffet where they have red jello and vanilla pudding
> I always put the pudding over some jello for dessert. Yum!)
>
> Hotdog with potato salad, cole slaw, and baked beans.
> (When I was a kid and we had family picnics I would
> put everything on my hotdog or hamburger - potato
> salad, cole slaw, bake beans, potato chips, cheese
> puffs, whatever, plus ketchup and relish.)

We must have grown up in the same area because I still do all of these.
Me mum was from England and my father, very german.
My SO still cringes every time I pour Ketchup on my mac and cheese. I
make mine with a crust of ritz crackers.
And milk, three different types of cheese. Of course a bit of onion.
Yummmmmm.
Of course I live in an area that has three way's and four way's. Don't
ask. It's a Cincinnati chili thing.

--
StocksRus®

Mia

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
.. .
> I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost any
> type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit

odd,
> I suppose, but I like it.
>
> Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
>
> Wayne

Not as weird as some other answers I've read but ... in college, my
alternate to cafeteria food was cream cheese, mustard, and pickles on any
kind of bread.

Mia

kilikini

"barrgh" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 05:49:54 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
> >I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost any
> >type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit

odd,
> >I suppose, but I like it.
> >
> >Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?

> Ever since i was a kid, I've loved eating mayonaise on rice. Still do, as

> matter of fact.
>
> I like it even better if you top it with Japanese furikake seasoning on

it. Yum.

Oh! Your post reminded me of an old boyfriend who used to like peanut
butter on his eggs! His family used to make *western sandwiches* for
dinner. What were they? Toast with peanut butter, eggs and MAYO! What can
I say, they were from Iowa.

kili

kilikini

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Peter Aitken" > wrote in
> :
>
> > "barrgh" > wrote in message
> >> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 05:49:54 GMT, Wayne Boatwright

> > odd,

> >> Ever since i was a kid, I've loved eating mayonaise on rice. Still
> >> do, as

> >> matter of fact.
> >>
> >> I like it even better if you top it with Japanese furikake seasoning
> >> on

> > it. Yum.
> >>

> > When I was a kid, a favorite meal was white rice mixed with canned
> > tuna, served with mustard. I have gotten over it, however!

> I've actually had rice salad that included small chunks of canned tuna.
> It was pretty good. I'm not sure I'd make it myself, however.
>
> Wayne

I used to like rice, tuna, peas, mayo mixed together, but I don't think that
sounds all *that* weird.
kili

kilikini

"MOM PEAGRAM" > wrote in message
> Peanut butter, tomato and lettuce sandwich. Yum!
>
> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost

any
> > type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit

> odd,
> > I suppose, but I like it.
> >
> > Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
> >
> > Wayne

Back in high school we did peanut butter and salami one time when we were
stoned. It was good enough to try a second (sober) time, but I passed on
the third. LOL

kili

kilikini

"Mia" > wrote in message

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost

any
> > type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit

> odd,
> > I suppose, but I like it.
> >
> > Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
> >
> > Wayne

> Not as weird as some other answers I've read but ... in college, my
> alternate to cafeteria food was cream cheese, mustard, and pickles on any
> kind of bread.
>
> Mia

In college I used to have to resort to cherry kool-aid on Captain Crunch.
kili

Julia Altshuler

Ken wrote:

> I don't find that odd. If you want a great main course for a dinner,
> try pickled red bell peppers on a great b.b.q.ed steak. Odd is just
> something good you're not use to.

That must be why I've had trouble answering in this thread. As far as
I'm concerned, none of my food combinations are odd. They're all good
and perfectly normal to me. Does a shot of dark rum over ice cream
count? Or does everyone do that.

What about odd food non-combinations? I never pour milk on cereal. I
take the cereal dry and drink the milk separately.

--Lia

kilikini

"Julia Altshuler" > wrote in message
> Ken wrote:
>
> > I don't find that odd. If you want a great main course for a dinner,
> > try pickled red bell peppers on a great b.b.q.ed steak. Odd is just
> > something good you're not use to.

> That must be why I've had trouble answering in this thread. As far as
> I'm concerned, none of my food combinations are odd. They're all good
> and perfectly normal to me. Does a shot of dark rum over ice cream
> count? Or does everyone do that.
>

> What about odd food non-combinations? I never pour milk on cereal. I
> take the cereal dry and drink the milk separately.
>
> --Lia

Dark shot of rum goes good over alot of things! Coca cola, pineapple juice,
sauteed bananas, tapioca pudding, vanilla pudding, etc. Not weird at all!
kili

Harvey R. Stone

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
.. .
> I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost any
> type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit

odd,
> I suppose, but I like it.
>
> Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
>
> Wayne

Mayonnaise on saltine crackers. hot peppers on vanilla ice cream.
Phyl

Kswck

"MOM PEAGRAM" > wrote in message
> Peanut butter, tomato and lettuce sandwich. Yum!
>
> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost

any
> > type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit

> odd,
> > I suppose, but I like it.
> >
> > Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
> >
> > Wayne

Mayo on french fries(or creamy Italian dressing).

paula

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in message > ...
> I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost any
> type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit odd,
> I suppose, but I like it.
>
> Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
>
> Wayne

i used to drink a glass of milk when i had a bar of chocolate and it
seemed to make it more enjoyable. I also have had sliced pickled
beetroot in a cheese sarnie or a cheese sarnie with cranberry sauce
on it.
When i was younger i would cringe when i saw someone eat a slice of
(English)fruit Christmas cake and have a chunk of cheese with it.

i also like to eat an apple sliced with some cheese. we have an old
saying i.e. an apple without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze.
Melissa Houle

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in message > ...
> I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost any
> type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit odd,
> I suppose, but I like it.
>
> Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
>
> Wayne

For years, my brother would only eat wheat thin crackers and peanut
butter for lunch. This is actually delicious, I admit, but not every
day. My mother was just thankful he would eat THAT, as his other
favorite food was Frosty-o's cereal. Of course, he was the kind of kid
you would swear lived on water and oxygen, and the occasional
marshmallow or piece of banana. He would consistently eat about three
bites of his dinner, and then would turn around in his chair and watch
the fish in the aquarium, no matter how much my mother nagged him.
Weird eating patterns seem to run in his branch of the family. For
years, the only pizza combo my nephew would deign to eat was
pineapples and olives. This is tasty enough, at first but...

Melissa
kilikini

"Melissa Houle" > wrote in message
om...
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote in message

> > I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost

any
> > type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit

odd,
> > I suppose, but I like it.
> >
> > Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
> >
> > Wayne

> For years, my brother would only eat wheat thin crackers and peanut
> butter for lunch. This is actually delicious, I admit, but not every
> day. My mother was just thankful he would eat THAT, as his other
> favorite food was Frosty-o's cereal. Of course, he was the kind of kid
> you would swear lived on water and oxygen, and the occasional
> marshmallow or piece of banana. He would consistently eat about three
> bites of his dinner, and then would turn around in his chair and watch
> the fish in the aquarium, no matter how much my mother nagged him.
> Weird eating patterns seem to run in his branch of the family. For
> years, the only pizza combo my nephew would deign to eat was
> pineapples and olives. This is tasty enough, at first but...
>

> Melissa

Pineapples and black olives are a fabulous combo on pizza. I also like to
add a little ham and spinach and occasionally fresh tomato.
kili

Ariane Jenkins

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:28:20 -0500, Kate Connally > wrote:
[snip]
> Corned beef on white.
> (Yep, white bread, preferably a good crusty Italian,
> but never Wonder Bread types. I hate rye in any way
> shape or form. I have received many a disgusted looks
> in Jewish delis when I order it that way. Tough beans.
> The only problems is that many Jewish deli-type places
> don't even have a decent white bread to put it on so
> sometimes I get a crappy Wonder Bread sandwich. What
> a horrid thing to do to good corned beef! When I make
> sandwiches for travel or a picnic at home I usually use
> hamburger buns - the good ones from the bakery, not the
> ones you buy in the store. I also eat mayo on corned
> beef sandwiches, except for a Reuben or a Rachel.)

[snip]

I like this too, Kate. When I was a kid, I really didn't
care for mustard, so never had it on sandwiches and only had a tiny
glob of it on burgers. But I loved mayonnaise and still do. We
rarely had white bread either, but corned beef on white with plenty of
mayo with one of my favorites.

Other odd food cominations:

--creamy peanut butter and a slice of American cheese on a sandwich.
--cottage cheese and ketchup (cottage cheese and tomatoes are good
too, but I don't mind it with ketchup, either)
--sliced avocadoes with soy sauce and pepper
--Doritoes on just about any sandwich with meat in it
--potato chips on hotdogs with ketchup and relish when I was a kid
--cream cheese on a sourdough roll sandwich

Ariane

Nancy Young

Kate Connally wrote:

> Corned beef on white.
> (Yep, white bread, preferably a good crusty Italian,
> but never Wonder Bread types. I hate rye in any way
> shape or form. I have received many a disgusted looks
> in Jewish delis when I order it that way.

(laughing) I order pastrami on rye with mayo and have to live
through the withering stare.

Weird combinations, anything I ever thought that was weird, seems
just about everyone here eats the same exact thing. I eat my fries
with mayonnaise ... wow, big whoop, so does half of Europe. Oh.
Well, I mix ketchup and mayo and eat fries with that. So does just
about everyone. Never mind.

Apparently I don't eat any odd food combinations. I sure as hell
don't put ketchup on my french toast.

nancy
Barry Grau

Julia Altshuler > wrote in message news:<%9kac.139414$Cb.1490719@attbi_s51>...

> What about odd food non-combinations? I never pour milk on cereal. I
> take the cereal dry and drink the milk separately.
>
> --Lia

If I remember right, in "Where's Poppa?" Ruth Gordon put Pepsi on her cereal.

-bwg
hahabogus

Nancy Young > wrote in
:

> Apparently I don't eat any odd food combinations. I sure as hell
> don't put ketchup on my french toast.
>
> nancy

Does eating onion rings with yellow mustard as a dip qualify as odd?

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.
Nancy Young

hahabogus wrote:

> Nancy Young > wrote in
> :
>
> > Apparently I don't eat any odd food combinations. I sure as hell
> > don't put ketchup on my french toast.
> >

> Does eating onion rings with yellow mustard as a dip qualify as odd?

Nooo ... I really don't think so.

nancy
MOM PEAGRAM

"Jason Tinling" > wrote in message

> "MOM PEAGRAM" > wrote in message
> > "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in

message
> > .. .
> > > I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost

> any
> > > type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A bit

> > odd,
> > > I suppose, but I like it.
> > >
> > > Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
> > >
> > > Wayne

> > > Peanut butter, tomato and lettuce sandwich. Yum!

> Courtesy of my father (I never dared)...Peanut Butter, Miracle Whip and
> Avocado sandwich, on whole grain bread...gah
>
> Jason

EEwww!

Tara

I grew up eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches and I had no idea
anyone thought it was strange until I heard all the Elvis jokes.
Peanut butter and banana sandwiches are delicious! Peanut butter +
jelly = peanut butter + fruit = peanut butter + banana.

Tara

I like to dip Fristo Scoops in cottage cheese and put a bit of peanut
butter on baked potato skins....they must be very crisp.

Wayne Boatwright

Kate Connally > wrote in
:

> [...]

> Weird combos other people in my family and around the
> world have done that I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole:
>
> My great uncle John used to put pepper on everything,
> including ice cream!
>
> My grandfather used to put Tang in hot tea.
>
> Peanut butter and jelly - I always thought that was
> the weirdest combination and I never liked it although
> it seems almost everyone in the world loves it.
>
> Corned beef and cabbage - I love them both but not
> together. My family always made it with potatoes in
> it also, so I only would eat the corned beef and the
> potatoes.
>
> Gelatin and meat or vegetables - Can't understand
> how people can eat cold jellied meats or veggies
> (aspic).
>
> Lemon in tea - To me this is a weird combo. The
> tastes just don't go together.
>
> There must be more but can't think of them right

Wow, Kate, that's a list to be reckoned with! :-)

Strangely enough, the ones you listed that you would touch are some of
the ones I do eat or would definitely try. That is, except for the thing
with Tang. I never liked Tank, either in or not in something.

Of pepper, I frequently pepper things that most would not. My dad always
put pepper on cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon. I put it on
cantaloupe.

Wayne

Wayne Boatwright

sunshine > wrote in
:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 05:49:54 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>I have a penchant for drinking a cold glass of buttermilk with almost
>>any type of chocolate cake, but especially German's Chocolate Cake. A
>>bit odd, I suppose, but I like it.
>>
>>Anyone else out there similar odd pairings?
>>
>>Wayne

> At Bruegger's Bagels, my fiance enjoys their Cinnamon Sugar bagel with
> garlic cream cheese. I enjoy the looks from the employees!
>
> ~sunshine

Similarly, I have put marmalade and jams on "everything" bagels. I just
never let anyone see me do it! :-)

Wayne