Bell Jar

Default Pizza stone / Grill question

I have an extra pizza stone, can I put it on my gas grill and expect a
similar product as I end up with when I use my oven? Will the stone break
from the heat?
It gets hot here in the summer (we have no a/c) and I'm looking for more
ways to cook outside. By the middle of last summer we were getting a little
tired of grilled chicken/beef/pork.
Thanks!
~Kat

kilikini

Bell Jar wrote:
> I have an extra pizza stone, can I put it on my gas grill and expect a
> similar product as I end up with when I use my oven? Will the stone
> break from the heat?
> It gets hot here in the summer (we have no a/c) and I'm looking for
> more ways to cook outside. By the middle of last summer we were
> getting a little tired of grilled chicken/beef/pork.
> Thanks!
> ~Kat

That's an excellent question, Kat. I'm interested in the answer as well.

kili

Peter Aitken

"Bell Jar" > wrote in message
news
>I have an extra pizza stone, can I put it on my gas grill and expect a
>similar product as I end up with when I use my oven? Will the stone break
>from the heat?
> It gets hot here in the summer (we have no a/c) and I'm looking for more
> ways to cook outside. By the middle of last summer we were getting a
> little tired of grilled chicken/beef/pork.
> Thanks!
> ~Kat

I have heard of people doing just this with no problems. I think if you
avoid sudden temperature shocks the stone should be fine.

--
Peter Aitken

Sheldon

Bell Jar wrote:
> I have an extra pizza stone, can I put it on my gas grill and expect

> similar product as I end up with when I use my oven? Will the stone

break
> from the heat?
> It gets hot here in the summer (we have no a/c) and I'm looking for

more
> ways to cook outside. By the middle of last summer we were getting a

little
> tired of grilled chicken/beef/pork.
> Thanks!
> ~Kat

Pizza screens (and perforated pizza pans) work far better than pizza
stones, both in outdoor covered grills and in home ovens... pizza
stones are pure gimmickry, they do NOTHING other than separate the
kitchen imbeciles from their dollars, and shorten oven life by
interfering with proper convection.

Sheldon

Bell Jar

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Pizza screens (and perforated pizza pans) work far better than pizza
> stones, both in outdoor covered grills and in home ovens... pizza
> stones are pure gimmickry, they do NOTHING other than separate the
> kitchen imbeciles from their dollars, and shorten oven life by
> interfering with proper convection.
>
> Sheldon

I have never seen a pizza screen. I'll check it out, thanks.

Peter

Sheldon wrote:
> Bell Jar wrote:
>> I have an extra pizza stone, can I put it on my gas grill and expect
>> a similar product as I end up with when I use my oven? Will the
>> stone break from the heat?
>> It gets hot here in the summer (we have no a/c) and I'm looking for
>> more ways to cook outside. By the middle of last summer we were
>> getting a little tired of grilled chicken/beef/pork.
>> Thanks!
>> ~Kat

> Pizza screens (and perforated pizza pans) work far better than pizza
> stones, both in outdoor covered grills and in home ovens... pizza
> stones are pure gimmickry, they do NOTHING other than separate the
> kitchen imbeciles from their dollars, and shorten oven life by
> interfering with proper convection.

You might want to tell Alton Brown that...
"Prehistoric precedence aside, hot rock bakery is rock- solid science,
especially if said rock can absorb and radiate high levels of heat without
cracking under the strains of repeated heatings and coolings. Now, you could
march down to Gourmets 'R Us and plop down 30 or 40 bucks for a pizza stone.
But, a well-placed, unglazed quarry tile-ninety-nine cents-from a building
supply will do the job just fine. Now since they are porous, tiles wick
steam away from the dough producing a crisp crust.

Now, start this in a cold oven then crank the heat as high as it will go
for half an hour before baking. Now, this is a 12 inch stone and I don't
make pizzas over 12 inches, so one does the job. I've got it stacked up on
another simply so that I've got good clearance from the door. Now since I've
got a flat bottom here, I just it put it right on the floor. I leave it
there 24/7 no matter what. If you've got a coil down here, just put your
stone on the lowest rack. And believe me, you can leave it there all the
time."

You can find the show transcript he
http://goodeatsfanpage.com/Season3/P...Transcript.htm

Peter Aitken

"Peter" > wrote in message
> Sheldon wrote:
>> Bell Jar wrote:
>>> I have an extra pizza stone, can I put it on my gas grill and expect
>>> a similar product as I end up with when I use my oven? Will the
>>> stone break from the heat?
>>> It gets hot here in the summer (we have no a/c) and I'm looking for
>>> more ways to cook outside. By the middle of last summer we were
>>> getting a little tired of grilled chicken/beef/pork.
>>> Thanks!
>>> ~Kat

>> Pizza screens (and perforated pizza pans) work far better than pizza
>> stones, both in outdoor covered grills and in home ovens... pizza
>> stones are pure gimmickry, they do NOTHING other than separate the
>> kitchen imbeciles from their dollars, and shorten oven life by
>> interfering with proper convection.

> You might want to tell Alton Brown that...

sheldoon is the resident retard. He is best ignored.

--
Peter Aitken

Denise~*

Peter wrote:

> Sheldon wrote:
>
>>Pizza screens (and perforated pizza pans) work far better than pizza
>>stones, both in outdoor covered grills and in home ovens... pizza
>>stones are pure gimmickry, they do NOTHING other than separate the
>>kitchen imbeciles from their dollars, and shorten oven life by
>>interfering with proper convection.

> You might want to tell Alton Brown that...
> "Prehistoric precedence aside, hot rock bakery is rock- solid science,
> especially if said rock can absorb and radiate high levels of heat without
> cracking under the strains of repeated heatings and coolings. Now, you could

I know, ever since I started using a stone, my pizzas have been the best
ever, frozen or handmade. Now I have never used a screen, but I would
argue that a stone is not useless, as it is much better than a regular
pan solely based on my experiences.

> march down to Gourmets 'R Us and plop down 30 or 40 bucks for a pizza stone.
> But, a well-placed, unglazed quarry tile-ninety-nine cents-from a building
> supply will do the job just fine. Now since they are porous, tiles wick
> steam away from the dough producing a crisp crust.

Or, just get a cheaper knock off for under $15.00

I have several stones, since I use certain ones for pizzas, and certain
ones for cookies (so I dont get pizza grease on delicately flavored
cookies) I use them often enough that they warrant a few extra $$.

> You can find the show transcript he
> http://goodeatsfanpage.com/Season3/P...Transcript.htm

LOVE this site. Its great for looking up what you miss on his show.

Dr. Dog

Bell Jar wrote:
> I have an extra pizza stone,

Is that from a freestone pizza or a cling pizza?

Dog
(in a silly mood)

Peter

Peter Aitken wrote:
> "Peter" > wrote in message
>> Sheldon wrote:
>>>
>>> Pizza screens (and perforated pizza pans) work far better than pizza
>>> stones, both in outdoor covered grills and in home ovens... pizza
>>> stones are pure gimmickry, they do NOTHING other than separate the
>>> kitchen imbeciles from their dollars, and shorten oven life by
>>> interfering with proper convection.

>> You might want to tell Alton Brown that...

> sheldoon is the resident retard. He is best ignored.

Ah, (phew) I thought I was the only one thinking that way about him. Thanks
for the heads up.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Bell Jar" > wrote in message
news
>I have an extra pizza stone, can I put it on my gas grill and expect a
>similar product as I end up with when I use my oven? Will the stone break
>from the heat?
> It gets hot here in the summer (we have no a/c) and I'm looking for more
> ways to cook outside. By the middle of last summer we were getting a
> little tired of grilled chicken/beef/pork.
> Thanks!
> ~Kat

If you just crank up the heat from the bottom, it may crack from uneven
expansion.

Light the grill, put the stone in place, close the lid and then heat it up.

George

Peter wrote:

> You might want to tell Alton Brown that...
> "Prehistoric precedence aside, hot rock bakery is rock- solid science,
> especially if said rock can absorb and radiate high levels of heat without
> cracking under the strains of repeated heatings and coolings. Now, you could
> march down to Gourmets 'R Us and plop down 30 or 40 bucks for a pizza stone.
> But, a well-placed, unglazed quarry tile-ninety-nine cents-from a building
> supply will do the job just fine. Now since they are porous, tiles wick
> steam away from the dough producing a crisp crust.
>
> Now, start this in a cold oven then crank the heat as high as it will go
> for half an hour before baking. Now, this is a 12 inch stone and I don't
> make pizzas over 12 inches, so one does the job. I've got it stacked up on
> another simply so that I've got good clearance from the door. Now since I've
> got a flat bottom here, I just it put it right on the floor. I leave it
> there 24/7 no matter what. If you've got a coil down here, just put your
> stone on the lowest rack. And believe me, you can leave it there all the
> time."
>
> You can find the show transcript he
> http://goodeatsfanpage.com/Season3/P...Transcript.htm

Yes, by far the best pizza you will ever have is one cooked directly on
the stone/masonry floor of a hot oven (preferably coal fired).
Melba's Jammin'

In article . com>, "Dr.
Dog" > wrote:

> Bell Jar wrote:
> > I have an extra pizza stone,

> Is that from a freestone pizza or a cling pizza?
>

> Dog
> (in a silly mood)

<The Pirohy and Jam Queen slaps Dog silly!>
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Arizona vacation pics added 3-24-05.
BOB

"kilikini" > wrote in message

> Bell Jar wrote:
>> I have an extra pizza stone, can I put it on my gas grill and
>> expect
>> a similar product as I end up with when I use my oven?

The stone will help stabilize the temperature. How hot does your gas
grill get?

> Will the
>> stone break from the heat?

The cheaper ones will. IME, you need a thicker stone for a grill.

>> It gets hot here in the summer (we have no a/c) and I'm looking for
>> more ways to cook outside. By the middle of last summer we were
>> getting a little tired of grilled chicken/beef/pork.

I bake pizza on my charcoal-fired grill very frequently. I'll never

>> Thanks!
>> ~Kat

> That's an excellent question, Kat. I'm interested in the answer as
> well.
>
> kili

Don't you dare buy one. I have one with your name on it that will fit
in the WSM.

I agree with Sheldon about the pizza screen, but I like the results
better with the screen and the stone. Of course, YMMV.

BOB

BOB

"Bell Jar" > wrote in message
> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>> Pizza screens (and perforated pizza pans) work far better than
>> pizza
>> stones, both in outdoor covered grills and in home ovens... pizza
>> stones are pure gimmickry, they do NOTHING other than separate the
>> kitchen imbeciles from their dollars, and shorten oven life by
>> interfering with proper convection.
>>
>> Sheldon

> I have never seen a pizza screen. I'll check it out, thanks.

http://www.abestkitchen.com/store/pizza.html

That's where I bought mine.

BOB

Mikko Peltoniemi

Denise~* wrote:

> I know, ever since I started using a stone, my pizzas have been the best
> ever, frozen or handmade. Now I have never used a screen, but I would

Same here. I've gotten two pizza stones as a gift. Neither of them
lasted long. In fact the other one broke in the first use.

But the quarry tiles seems to last much longer, especially the
bigger ones. (The ones about a square foot size) And when they
do break, they're cheap to replace.

--
Mikko Peltoniemi
Film & Video Editor, Avid Technician at large.
Grizzman

OK here it it folks, you want a pizza grill? these guys have it.
http://www.americantailgater.com/ its inexpensive to!

they also have ALOT of other great stuff, i just orderd steak branding iron

grizzman
Kilikini

BOB wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote in message
>

> I bake pizza on my charcoal-fired grill very frequently. I'll never
>
>>> Thanks!
>>> ~Kat

>> That's an excellent question, Kat. I'm interested in the answer as
>> well.
>>
>> kili

> Don't you dare buy one. I have one with your name on it that will fit
> in the WSM.
>
> I agree with Sheldon about the pizza screen, but I like the results
> better with the screen and the stone. Of course, YMMV.
>
> BOB

Seriously? How cool! We were out in your area yesterday - Winter Gardens.
Had to do a family thing, but this time we didn't cook. The turkey was
tough and the ribs were so-so. There were no more forks left at the "event"
so TFM and I didn't end up really eating anything. Such a waste of an hour
and a half drive.

I'll bet next time they ask us to BBQ. Sigh.

kili

Leonard Lehew

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:18:27 GMT, "Bell Jar" >
wrote:

>I have an extra pizza stone, can I put it on my gas grill and expect a
>similar product as I end up with when I use my oven? Will the stone break
>from the heat?
>It gets hot here in the summer (we have no a/c) and I'm looking for more
>ways to cook outside. By the middle of last summer we were getting a little
>tired of grilled chicken/beef/pork.
>Thanks!
>~Kat

I probably depends on the construction of the grill. If the pizza
stone is exposed to direct flame, it very well may crack. A good
alternative to an expensive pizza stone is to purchase some unglazed
quarry tiles from the hardware store. These are inexpensive enough
that you won't care if you crack one.

For grills, though, my preference is to grill the pizza directly on
the grill rack. First, I roll out the pizza dough and cook it on the
grill with no toppings. Cook it long enough so that it is a nice
golden brown on one side and barely showing brown on the other.

Take it off the grill, and brush the darker side with olive oil. Add
your toppings and put it back on the grill with the top down until the
bottom is nicely done.

Cheers,

Leonard
Sheldon

Lenny Lepew wrote:

> For grills, though, my preference is to grill the pizza directly on
> the grill rack. First, I roll out the pizza dough and cook it on the
> grill with no toppings. Cook it long enough so that it is a nice
> golden brown on one side and barely showing brown on the other.
>
> Take it off the grill, and brush the darker side with olive oil. Add
> your toppings and put it back on the grill with the top down until

the
> bottom is nicely done.

That's not pizza... that's no differrent from topping a Ritz cracker
with ketchup.

Sheldon

BOB

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
ups.com
> Lenny Lepew wrote:
>>
>> For grills, though, my preference is to grill the pizza directly on
>> the grill rack. First, I roll out the pizza dough and cook it on
>> the
>> grill with no toppings. Cook it long enough so that it is a nice
>> golden brown on one side and barely showing brown on the other.
>>
>> Take it off the grill, and brush the darker side with olive oil.
>> Add
>> your toppings and put it back on the grill with the top down until
>> the bottom is nicely done.

> That's not pizza... that's no differrent from topping a Ritz cracker
> with ketchup.
>
> Sheldon

I dunno. His "pizza" might be a little larger.
;-)

BOB

BOB

"Kilikini" wrote
> BOB wrote:
>>
>> Don't you dare buy one. I have one with your name on it that will
>> fit in the WSM.
>>
>> I agree with Sheldon about the pizza screen, but I like the results
>> better with the screen and the stone. Of course, YMMV.
>>
>> BOB

> Seriously? How cool! We were out in your area yesterday - Winter
> Gardens. Had to do a family thing, but this time we didn't cook.
> The
> turkey was tough and the ribs were so-so. There were no more forks
> left at the "event" so TFM and I didn't end up really eating
> anything. Such a waste of an hour and a half drive.
>
> I'll bet next time they ask us to BBQ. Sigh.
>
> kili

Seriously! I've got one that I use in my small Kamado and it'll fit
the WSM.

Hmmm. Winter Haven is about an hour and a half from here, too. Maybe
less.
On May 20-21, I'll be at a BBQ contest in Lake Alfred. Maybe I could
deliver it then if you two would show up there.
Or, if that doesn't work, maybe instead of a late wedding present,
I'll get it to you as a first year anniversary present.

Sorry about the food. Sounds like the turkey was over cooked and the
ribs were either undercooked, or just not cooked right. It's not
really much fun going to BBQ's or cook-outs when the people there
really don't have a clue. I'd much rather go and do the work of
properly BBQing than eat food worse than the BBQ chains, especially
since BBQ is so easy. Just takes time.

BOB

Kilikini

BOB wrote:
> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
> ups.com
>> Lenny Lepew wrote:
>>>
>>> For grills, though, my preference is to grill the pizza directly on
>>> the grill rack. First, I roll out the pizza dough and cook it on
>>> the
>>> grill with no toppings. Cook it long enough so that it is a nice
>>> golden brown on one side and barely showing brown on the other.
>>>
>>> Take it off the grill, and brush the darker side with olive oil.
>>> Add
>>> your toppings and put it back on the grill with the top down until
>>> the bottom is nicely done.

>> That's not pizza... that's no differrent from topping a Ritz cracker
>> with ketchup.
>>
>> Sheldon

> I dunno. His "pizza" might be a little larger.
> ;-)
>
> BOB

G R O A N................... And when it comes to a "pizza", size does
matter a little. I mean, I can't eat a 14" by myself. <vbeg>

kili

BOB

"BOB" > wrote in message

> "Kilikini" wrote
>> BOB wrote:
>>>
>>> Don't you dare buy one. I have one with your name on it that will
>>> fit in the WSM.
>>>
>>> I agree with Sheldon about the pizza screen, but I like the
>>> results
>>> better with the screen and the stone. Of course, YMMV.
>>>
>>> BOB

>> Seriously? How cool! We were out in your area yesterday - Winter
>> Gardens. Had to do a family thing, but this time we didn't cook.
>> The
>> turkey was tough and the ribs were so-so. There were no more forks
>> left at the "event" so TFM and I didn't end up really eating
>> anything. Such a waste of an hour and a half drive.
>>
>> I'll bet next time they ask us to BBQ. Sigh.
>>
>> kili

> Seriously! I've got one that I use in my small Kamado and it'll fit
> the WSM.

It's *not* the same one. I bought you a new one right after the last
time we discussed Pizza here and I asked the size of the WSM grill

BOB

> Hmmm. Winter Haven is about an hour and a half from here, too.
> Maybe
> less.
> On May 20-21, I'll be at a BBQ contest in Lake Alfred. Maybe I
> could
> deliver it then if you two would show up there.
> Or, if that doesn't work, maybe instead of a late wedding present,
> I'll get it to you as a first year anniversary present.
>
> Sorry about the food. Sounds like the turkey was over cooked and
> the
> ribs were either undercooked, or just not cooked right. It's not
> really much fun going to BBQ's or cook-outs when the people there
> really don't have a clue. I'd much rather go and do the work of
> properly BBQing than eat food worse than the BBQ chains, especially
> since BBQ is so easy. Just takes time.
>
> BOB

Kilikini

BOB wrote:
> "Kilikini" wrote
>> BOB wrote:
>>>
>>> Don't you dare buy one. I have one with your name on it that will
>>> fit in the WSM.
>>>
>>> I agree with Sheldon about the pizza screen, but I like the results
>>> better with the screen and the stone. Of course, YMMV.
>>>
>>> BOB

>> Seriously? How cool! We were out in your area yesterday - Winter
>> Gardens. Had to do a family thing, but this time we didn't cook.
>> The
>> turkey was tough and the ribs were so-so. There were no more forks
>> left at the "event" so TFM and I didn't end up really eating
>> anything. Such a waste of an hour and a half drive.
>>
>> I'll bet next time they ask us to BBQ. Sigh.
>>
>> kili

> Seriously! I've got one that I use in my small Kamado and it'll fit
> the WSM.
>
> Hmmm. Winter Haven is about an hour and a half from here, too. Maybe
> less.
> On May 20-21, I'll be at a BBQ contest in Lake Alfred. Maybe I could
> deliver it then if you two would show up there.
> Or, if that doesn't work, maybe instead of a late wedding present,
> I'll get it to you as a first year anniversary present.
>
> Sorry about the food. Sounds like the turkey was over cooked and the
> ribs were either undercooked, or just not cooked right. It's not
> really much fun going to BBQ's or cook-outs when the people there
> really don't have a clue. I'd much rather go and do the work of
> properly BBQing than eat food worse than the BBQ chains, especially
> since BBQ is so easy. Just takes time.
>
> BOB

Yep, I think that's why we always get asked to go to Thanksgivings and such
because then *we* cook. Everyone's happy. Someone else decided to take the
helm yesterday and the turkey got up to 200 degrees. Yikes! When it came
off the cooker, you could see the bones. I guess the crew was a little
clueless, though; they declared it good and were requesting plates to take
home. I couldn't stomach it. Couldn't do it.

kili

BOB

Kilikini wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
>> ups.com

>>> That's not pizza... that's no differrent from topping a Ritz
>>> cracker
>>> with ketchup.
>>>
>>> Sheldon

>> I dunno. His "pizza" might be a little larger.
>> ;-)
>>
>> BOB

> G R O A N................... And when it comes to a "pizza", size
> does matter a little. I mean, I can't eat a 14" by myself. <vbeg>
>
> kili

At a party, I've seen those Ritz crackers with ketchup and a slice of
pepperoni and some cheese. They're "OK" but not pizza, and it sure
would take a lot to fill someone up.
'-)

BOB

BOB

Kilikini wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>> Sorry about the food. Sounds like the turkey was over cooked and
>> the
>> ribs were either undercooked, or just not cooked right. It's not
>> really much fun going to BBQ's or cook-outs when the people there
>> really don't have a clue. I'd much rather go and do the work of
>> properly BBQing than eat food worse than the BBQ chains, especially
>> since BBQ is so easy. Just takes time.
>>
>> BOB

> Yep, I think that's why we always get asked to go to Thanksgivings
> and such because then *we* cook. Everyone's happy. Someone else
> decided to take the helm yesterday and the turkey got up to 200
> degrees. Yikes! When it came off the cooker, you could see the
> bones. I guess the crew was a little clueless, though; they
> declared
> it good and were requesting plates to take home. I couldn't stomach
> it. Couldn't do it.
> kili

200° for turkey? Can't they tell the difference between turkey and a
pork butt/picnic/shoulder? Sheesh!

Turkey Jerky? LOL
'-)

BOB

Kilikini

BOB wrote:
> Kilikini wrote:
>> BOB wrote:
>>> Sorry about the food. Sounds like the turkey was over cooked and
>>> the
>>> ribs were either undercooked, or just not cooked right. It's not
>>> really much fun going to BBQ's or cook-outs when the people there
>>> really don't have a clue. I'd much rather go and do the work of
>>> properly BBQing than eat food worse than the BBQ chains, especially
>>> since BBQ is so easy. Just takes time.
>>>
>>> BOB

>> Yep, I think that's why we always get asked to go to Thanksgivings
>> and such because then *we* cook. Everyone's happy. Someone else
>> decided to take the helm yesterday and the turkey got up to 200
>> degrees. Yikes! When it came off the cooker, you could see the
>> bones. I guess the crew was a little clueless, though; they
>> declared
>> it good and were requesting plates to take home. I couldn't stomach
>> it. Couldn't do it.
>> kili

> 200° for turkey? Can't they tell the difference between turkey and a
> pork butt/picnic/shoulder? Sheesh!
>
> Turkey Jerky? LOL
> '-)
>
> BOB

Turkey jerky was right, BOB. No lie. We TOLD them it was overdone, but
they insisted it wasn't ready yet. Sigh. Newbies. Whatcha gonna do? At
least they listened to us and let it set for about 30 minutes after, um,
"cooking" it.

kili

I made the pizza dough in the bread maker yesterday--sprayed the cheapo
foil pizza pan with Pam--and then spread cornmeal on the bottom.
I then let the dough rise for a half hour and I cooked pancetta and
crumbled it up. I put the pizza on the grill (sans toppings) cooked if
for six minutes and turned the dough with tongs. I then assembled the
pizza with provolone--asiago--mozarella--and pancetta. I cracked two
eggs on top and closed the cover for 10 mins.
It turned out very nicely!
Stephanie

Edwin Pawlowski

"Grizzman" > wrote in message

> OK here it it folks, you want a pizza grill? these guys have it.
> http://www.americantailgater.com/ its inexpensive to!
>
> they also have ALOT of other great stuff, i just orderd steak branding
> iron
>
> grizzman

I look at thing like that with mixed emotion. Depending on my mood, it is
either "how silly" or "that would be neat to have"

I thought I saw someone call you a retard on this group.
Any idea why?

Grizzman

yeah....but they do have some neat stuff though!

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "Grizzman" > wrote in message
>
>>OK here it it folks, you want a pizza grill? these guys have it.
>>http://www.americantailgater.com/ its inexpensive to!
>>
>>they also have ALOT of other great stuff, i just orderd steak branding
>>iron
>>
>>grizzman

> I look at thing like that with mixed emotion. Depending on my mood, it is
> either "how silly" or "that would be neat to have"

Mikko Peltoniemi

Kilikini wrote:

> because then *we* cook. Everyone's happy. Someone else decided to take the
> helm yesterday and the turkey got up to 200 degrees. Yikes! When it came

Sounds exactly like my mother-in-law's and father-in-law's cooking.
Whatever they're cooking the method is the same: douse the whole thing
in garlic powder, crank the oven all the way up. And you know it's done,
when the smoke detector goes off.

And they both think it's the best thing to cooking since Domino's Pizza.

--
Mikko Peltoniemi
Film & Video Editor, Avid Technician at large.
http://www.discountcadavers.com
Kilikini

Mikko Peltoniemi wrote:
> Kilikini wrote:
>
>> because then *we* cook. Everyone's happy. Someone else decided to
>> take the helm yesterday and the turkey got up to 200 degrees. Yikes!
>> When it came

> Sounds exactly like my mother-in-law's and father-in-law's cooking.
> Whatever they're cooking the method is the same: douse the whole thing
> in garlic powder, crank the oven all the way up. And you know it's
> done, when the smoke detector goes off.
>
> And they both think it's the best thing to cooking since Domino's
> Pizza.

Worst thing is they tried to use it on their smoker. UGH. They probably
should have oven roasted it.

kili